Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHelp Wanted

Sent Client WP3D embed...they have questions3738

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I received the following question from a client after sending them the embed codes c/o WP3D models to host the 3D Showcase on their website.

Client says, "We were working on getting the link up on our site, please see below for a question from our developer. Is this possible?"

and their developer's question reads:

"Is it possible to place the gallery on a secure server? Our sites are loaded over HTTPS, so we cannot serve content unless it also over HTTPS."

I am not very techy so I don't know how to answer the question.

Help anyone?!!?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @Queen_City_3D - Yes, this is something that we're starting to see more and more of. Adding SSL ("https://" is something that many website owners are moving towards AND Google has said that they are recognizing as having additional SEO value.

Your host (iPage) looks like they offer a service to get you going with SSL here:

http://www.ipage.com/product/ssl_certificate.bml

Once your site is available at "https://queencity3d.com" you'll be able to share your WP3D Models embed codes "securely" AND benefit from another bit of an SEO boost.

Does that help?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Okay... I think I understand.

Once I get the SSL will I have to send them new embed codes, or will the existing ones then work for their purposes?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
The only thing that will change is the "https://" vs "http://". So, once your SSL is hooked up you'll just need to let your client know to make that minor adjustment.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Okay... thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I ordered the SSL for my site.

I guess the alternative would be to simply give them the matterport embed codes, but then it would have the matterport branding all over it and not the more dynamic WP3D presentation, right?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Yeah....you could give the stock Matterport URL but yeah...you'd lose all the good stuff you're getting with WP3D.

The host should be able to set this up quickly for you...did they give an estimate on a timeline?
Post 7 IP   flag post
they said within 24 hours.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Gotcha...

If you felt like you HAD to, I guess share the stock code...but hopefully your client will understand and can stall a day.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'll get them to stall.

It's worth waiting for the WP3D Version instead!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Cheers!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Ramblinman private msg quote post Address this user
@rpetersn Newbei here....So basically Queen_City_3D will be hosting the tours on his web site?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
@Ramblinman - Hello!

With WP3D, you don't host the Matterport files/content/data on your site....but you do wrap it up in your own code so that the URL you share with your clients ends up coming from your own URL.

Using WP3D, you'll enter in your Matterport Model ID (on your site) and the software will generate various "views" that you'll then share with your clients. Additionally, you get your own "embed" codes to also share.

Does this help?
Post 13 IP   flag post
yep
Post 14 IP   flag post
@rpetersn
I see WP3D indicates..."WP3D Models only works on self-hosted WordPress installations" so does that limit who we have hosting our web site?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
@Ramblinman - I'm not sure that it necessarily "limits" who you can use to host your site, but yes....who you host with is definitely something to consider.

WordPress powers over 27% of the entire Internet at this point and nearly every web host out there offers support for installing WordPress.

That said, you can't install WordPress on platforms like "Wix" or "Squarespace". Sometimes this can create some confusion for people.

Does this clear anything up?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I think so...I did know that those platforms did not support Word Press...It appears GoDaddy does, and SSL is available as an add on

Any suggestions on hosting a word press site?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Yes...GoDaddy is a fine option, just be sure to select their "Managed WordPress" option, and not their standard Web Hosting. Alternatively, you may want to consider the advantages of using a truly specialized WordPress host, like WPEngine. The price is a bit higher per month but comes with 24/7 Expert WordPress support, automated backups, a staging version (clone) of your site, built-in caching for fast load times, and much more.

In our experience, the statement of "you get what you pay for" stands to be very true when it comes to web hosting.
Post 18 IP   flag post
101436 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?