Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Virtual Reality

Matterport VR iOS App: Official Announcement3690

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
well, iOS VR app is here. i guess I should be happy. The typical MP experience is absent. it's node to node just like all the new 360 systems I don't care for. what's the point?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I think there is value in this new app. I agree that it looks like the usual 360 tours, but you get it for free, together with the typical MP experience.
I think it's a good selling point. I always have a Homido Mini VR goggle with me when I pitch to clients. Now there is one more thing I can add to the conversation. It's all good.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport sent an eblast to its customers on Friday (20 January 2017) announcing Matterport VR iOS App (though @GertJan first reported in this We Get Around Network Forum discussion ...

Matterport VR for iPhones by 17 January 2017

... that Matterport VR iOS App was live in the Apple iTunes App Store.

Dan

----

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

[b]360º Video: Matterport VP of Sales and Business Development Mark Tepper at Inman Connect New York 2017.

[While I did the interview on Wednesday, 18 January 2017, it was embargoed for posting until 20 January 2017.]

Have you tried Matterport VR in iOS? Your thoughts?

Dan

--

#ICNY17
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you received the official eblast from Matterport today Friday, 20 January 2017), what are your thoughts?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
see above.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Portland, Oregon
Jake private msg quote post Address this user
Just downloaded. I stopped by Best Buy and snagged a "Zeiss VR One" since it looked to be the only ios compatible headset. After 2 minutes I had a crazy headache and felt nauseous. The tour also didn't seem very crisp and lots of blurry menus. I tried wearing glasses but it didn't help much.

I'll try again with a Google cardboard setup and see if that improves anything. But man, I'm reeeeally disappointed so far. Even when it works, there's no transition like on a regular tour. Each location re-loads separately, so there's no "walk through" experience. Is it this way on the Samsung VR?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm going to buck the prevailing trend and predict that VR is going to be another flash in the pan. It (or something like it—remember the nimslo, viewmaster, kodak stereo camera?) has been tried over and over in the past and it always loses popularity and fades away. With this iteration, you have to hang all this heavy [redacted] on your face then go through machinations to get it all set up, then what do you have? A marginally effective experience that makes you look weird spinning around. The cost/benefit ratio does not support long term success. Call me a maverick, but I ain't putting my 401K money in VR. And as for Real Vision, you have to plan your captures to account for placement of still extractions (which you pay for). Why not just take a photo? At some point, technology, as truly amazing as it indeed can be, is bent on solving problems that do not exist. I submit this and now await the poison darts.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
FloridaProperties private msg quote post Address this user
VR on IOS? Finally! That's awesome.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Has someone tested on an iPod Touch yet? I would like to believe that the most "current" iPod Touch would be a cost effective way to showcase Matterport VR and create demo units. I'm excited about this prospect - especially because my son doesn't want his iPod Touch after I bought him an iPhone SE for Christmas
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright I agree with some of your statements. But one thing you have to look at is Matterport, is saying that when the next version of chrome comes out you won't have to go into any app or anything to view the tours in VR on chrome. Don't know how that will work but looking forward to it being a seamless experience. It will help.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
So this is obviously what many of us had been waiting for with baited breath!!

I was OVERJOYED at the final release but have been crazy busy so only just catching up on all the posts and discussions now.

I started testing it on iPhone last week. Months ago we had the Zeiss VR One Plus shipped in from the US so we were ready to go and what a horrifying experience that is!! The lens are so good it makes the pixels look terrible! But I couldn't lose hope so I tried it in a google cardboard... which also looked horrendous... so tried it in dscvr (a plastic version of google cardboard supplied by www.iamcardboard.com) and it looked a little better... but I couldn't understand why there was such a great difference between Samsung and Apple so we looked up the specs of the phones... and basically the Samsung screens are way way way better so after all this time I'm pleased we have the Samsung!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
101274 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?