Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Newsletter | 19 January 20173680

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Support sent the following newsletter today (19 January 2017).

What do you think of these changes?

Best,

Dan

----

Post 1 IP   flag post
CelisNet private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely an improvement in the UI. I really like the new cleaner version. Still we got the matterport watermark but at least this is a step up.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
?mls=XXX was silently added last month and visible in Matterport Portal.
&ts=# was already on their parameters page last month also.

The new information pop-up is confusing in my opinion.

--

Concerning the disappearing UI --

I am VERY concerned that this will confuse a lot of people and make them LESS aware of the dollhouse option and the ability to change floors.

I -want- my clients to see that these buttons are available at all times. I want my clients to also see the name of the tour at the top left at ALL times.

When a YouTube video has focus, the controls appear. When it loses focus, they disappear.

I would much prefer that when a user STOPS interacting that the controls disappear and reappear when interaction starts again.

Do you think that Matterport would consider making this new feature an option that we can turn off? I would actually DARE to ask that Matterport make the new UI feature default to being OFF and need to be manually turned on in Matterport Portal.

I think this is fair as we have control over whether or not to off the VR feature and we can also opt to use a highlight reel or NOT to use one.

An additional concern that I have is that one of my wishes is for Matterport to offer a more robust package wherein the tour has additional tabs where we can add custom photos, a location map, and an information page of our own. The disappearing UI seems to move away from that train of thought.

--

If anyone else agrees, you can embed your tour like this:

http://my.matterport.com/show/?m=rKUhbp1SVQe&showcase_version=2.12.7-hotfix-0-gd7d2145
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@metroplex360 writes:

"In additional concern that I have is that one of my wishes is for Matterport to offer a more robust package wherein the tour has additional tabs where we can add custom photos, a location map, and an information page of our own. The disappearing UI seems to move away from that train of thought."

That's called: WP3D Models WordPress Plugin 😎

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@dansmigrod, Good point, however, I do feel that WP3D Models does SO SO SO much more than what I'd like Matterport to do

WHAT ELSE IS NEW:

* Cardboard VR for iOS can be seen in when you click the VR icon. That's weird that they didn't include that with their announcement.

* 'mp_http2' - New analytics metric being sent to mixpanel (their 3rd party service for showcase analytics). I -think- this allows them to track which CDN the tour was served from so that they can monitor the quality and performance of their file serving.

* 'longtap' - Matterport is now identifying a 'long tap' as an interaction type. Currently not being used... might hint at a future feature? (Zoom on longtap?)

* API Changes - tour.start, tour.end, mode.startChange, panorama.zoom.render.started

* Mobile Quality Override - mobile_highq_override (still researching) - potential quality override to show > 512k tiles on mobile.

* VR Shortlinks with Facebook OpenGraph Tags - Matterport has integrated branch.io to handle shortlink generation for VR Links. Links have this format: http://vr.mttr.pt/T9ux/sRLBJ5lR4z. I would like to believe that they will be allowing VR Links to be shared on Facebook.

NOT NEW, BUT FOUND FOR FIRST TIME:
* If you hit '7' you can see the current Zoom Level and the current FOV in your browser's debug console.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
* GPU Memory Profiling - View the amount of GPU memory that a Matterport Tour is using. This appears in the top right of the tour

&mem=1

* Minimal Memory Mode (for Mobile)
&m3= : TRUE (if Mobile / FALSE if desktop)

There is a UI spot for the output called 'memory-info' that should appear in the top right of showcase. There's never any data there though.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
* Showcase SDK Application Keys - More work is being done to create a public SDK. This time, application keys have been implemented.

- Application Keys (X-Matterport-Application-Key header)
- Application Key Referrers (X-Matterport-Referrer)

It is my guess that we will be able to CREATE an application key in the Matterport Portal in the future.

From what I can see, we will somehow be able to access the following events:

sdk.modelloaded
sdk.move
sdk.enterpano

--

And that's my analysis of the new version of Showcase.

Summary: UNBELIEVABLE WORK.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101587 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?