Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseProblemsRealtors

Matterport Tours and more "Personality"?3678

Joelbcollins private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to close a deal with a new office that currently does a lot of video in-house for many of their listings. They're known for them and take pride in the fact that they have a lot of "Personality" delivered through them.

They love MP and what I've shown them, but they're hung up for now thinking that they're too "Im-personal."

What I'd love to do is have an audio narration accompany the MP tour, but I don't think there's a way to do this yet. Or an in-mattertag video at the start point of the tour...etc.

I've seen @Metroplex360 's Matterapps and the awesome stuff it can do but obviously hesitant to offer the client anything that could go away tomorrow.

Am I missing anything that I can do to make the tours more "Personal" for this client??

Much much thanks in advance!

Joel
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Joelbcollins beyond mattertags and creatively embedding it, that's it. I am very eager to have an API available so that I can create solutions that can be trusted.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Joelbcollins private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 I can't wait either! I love the stuff you've done and know that this particular client would love it too.

Thanks for the feedback. Could you elaborate on 'creatively embedding it'?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Joelbcollins embedding with an overlay can add com personalisation. I love this:

http://www.artparis.com/en/gallery_virtual_visit/A20
Post 4 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Was the artparis made with your matterplus?
Post 5 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360, very interesting example.

Can you share more information about how the overlay in this example was made?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Helen, @jfantin - This is not something I had anything to do with. If you guys have used WP3D Models, you've likely seen how Ross has built tools for having your logo overlayed. This client overlayed an entire clickable SVG image that contains hyperlinks to multiple scenes within the multiple Matterport Tours that this location took to shoot.

This is one of the coolest things I've seen done with Matterport -- it's simple but so well executed! I'd be super proud if it were mine.

If someone needs something similar, I can always help. It's an SVG that is clickable

Here's how to code an SVG Image Map

You can also use a program like Adobe Illustrator or InkScape to create the map

Then the next thing (that the aforementioned tour does very well), is to build code around the <iframe> embed that overlays the imagemap ON TOP of the tour. This takes some tricky HTML and CSS since you are needing this to be responsive. Ross Peterson's brilliant embedding method in WP3D Models does this and is executed brilliantly.

I actually mentioned to Ross that he might want to build support for this sort of external navigation overlay into WP3D Models. Both he AND I agree that it's a bit tricky since providing the ability to place this is one thing -- but then explaining to people how to make use of it is another...

If I ever do this for a client, I promise I'll document it and make a how-to and put it on MatterApps. I'm swamped right now with things to do though
Post 7 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @Metroplex360. You are very generous sharing your knowledge with us.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101587 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?