Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Storage management and iPad3676

SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just going to put this into another thread and hope it yeilds some comments. I'm working so much I can't get time to research but a few thread reads so hopefully someone has a solution - maybe there is none but lets see. I'm running out of space, I need the models because they all have some potential to add to them - but I might need space on the iPad, it's a 64gig. I have 40 gigs left so I'm ok for the moment but the 200 point plus scan's I seem to find a way to do now right off the bat are eating things up. Thanks for any help.

Spencer
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
I use a third party backup software to do full backups of my ipad and then note what models are located in each backup, so if I need to go back to a particular scan, I can just restore to that point in time. This way, I don't need to keep creating new apple ids and have to worry about using the icloud for storage and have everything local. hope this helps a little bit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Could this be a solution? https://www.digicape.co.za/airport/new-time-capsule-2tb

Person at Computer Store said you can back-up iPad over WiFi to the Capsule,
Post 3 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
@JC3DCX isn't it the same as backing up your ipad to iCloud or via iTunes to your desktop, only that it's automatic?

I think that what @Spencerlasky wants is a method to store and recover individual models from a storage device, liberating space in its iPad for new projects.

So far the only alternative is to back everything up and then download everything into your iPad when you need it. But always is the whole portfolio so you don´t solve your storage space problems.

I remember that someone in the Forum mentioned something called iExplorer -nothing to do with Internet Explorer (it works with iTunes and apparently lets you manage invididual files stored in your iPad). I haven´t used it but perhaps someone can explain how it works and if it really does what @Spencerlasky needs.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
They say you can retrieve single files, I have not used it so won't know at this stage,
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Please see this link. I explain my workflow using iExplorer. It works well for me.

Capture App Backup/transfer
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Please continue this discussion here ...

How to Backup Your Matterport Spaces 3D Tours that are on Your iPad

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.