Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBuyGearTipsVirtual Reality

Proceed With Caution: Atome 360 Pano Head3638

Gransky private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanted to pass on a warning to anyone considering purchasing a Atome 360 Precision from 360 Precision (http://shop.360precision.com/) for their 3D/VR tour system.

I have been purchasing items to start offering the Real Vision tour to clients. One of the items needed is a 360 Pano head. They recommend Nodal Ninja and the Atome 360 Precision Head. I originally decided on the Atome head simply because I liked the fact the unit was one piece.

I ordered the Atome 360 for the Canon 8-15 F4 on December 3rd, 2016 directly from the website mentioned above. On December 5, I received a notification that the unit had shipped, but no tracking information. The company is in the UK and the website states that you don't receive a tracking number until it reaches the US shipper, in this case, was supposed to be FedEx.

A week goes by, no updates. Two weeks go by, no updates. I attempt to reach out to them, no luck. Call their phone # daily, e-mail them constantly. I post to their social media pages, no luck. So here it is, over a month later, still no product and no communication with Atome as to it's whereabout.

I decided to do some Google research and it seems like I'm not the only one this has happened to. The perplexing thing is I have read about people that have received the Atome heads and love them.

And for what it's worth, I ordered the Nodal Ninja last week. It shipped the same day and was in my possession 48 hours later.

Just consider my story and Google Atome for yourself before doing business with them. Considered yourself warned!

Grant
Post 1 IP   flag post
mcatino private msg quote post Address this user
I have it for my Nikon and it is great and built like a tank. Mine is a little older when the company was just 360 Precision, I think they are in France if my memory serves me correctly. I was using Stitcher 5.0 at the time that work incredibly with it. For the record: dedicated camera, delicate Nikon lens and their head.

Now that I see that Autodesk is coming out with a system I am starting to see why they bought Stitcher and dropped supporting it after they bought the company.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Moral of the story. Only buy from nodal ninja
Post 3 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Eish, that's bad. Any France or UK member that can go and kick the door down at their office and ask in person what is happening?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie Nodal Ninja is great. I've always had fast and reliable service from them on past purchases. I actually use the Nodal Ninja MK3 lower bar for still shots as it 'kicks' my camera back to where the lens is at the nodal point (center of tripod) and my 10-20mm wide angle lens is better than an 8-18mm wide angle that is centered. Great tool for offsetting
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 yeah I agree.
Very fast service and great company. My top choice for any of those products. @bill is always very helpful
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I recently made the mistake of trying to order from 360 Precision. I entered the order on Dec 30th, then heard nothing for days (except, of course, their running my credit card). I asked for a delivery time frame (since I was already well past the expectation they generated) - nothing. Emailed every address I could find - nothing. Filled out a web form - nothing. Sent PM via Facebook - nothing. Cancelled order by disputing the charge with my CC company - nothing.

Finally received notice that it had shipped - I will refuse delivery. Ridiculous non-service.

Nodal Ninja had the head within days and were very easy to deal with.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Gransky private msg quote post Address this user
@chemistrydoc - Please let me know if you receive anything. I too received a notice that it shipped without a tracking number. It's been well over a month for me and NOTHING!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?