Connecting 3D/360° Virtual Tour Buyers to Service Providers powered by
the Most In-Depth, Relevant and Up-to-Date Content and Training for the 3D/360° Community
Join FREE! 50+ Benefits
Become a Virtual Tour Pro
Learn How to Plan, Shoot, Edit,
Get Clients and Get Paid
Succeed Faster with
Virtual Tour Pro
Course Created By Ben Claremont
Save 15% with Coupon Code WGANVTP
Enroll in Course
Recommended by
Dan Smigrod, WGAN Founder
Just Getting Started with
Real Estate Photography
and Matterport 3D Tours?
Succeed Faster with
Real Estate Photographer Pro
Course Created by Eli Jones
Save $400 with
Coupon Code WEGETAROUND
Enroll in Course
Recommended by
Dan Smigrod, WGAN Founder
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple USA Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facillities Management
Last 24 Hours: 525 Unique Visitors
7,343 WGAN Members in 140 Countries
Last 30 Days: 56,698 Page Views | 18,563 Unique Visitors | 60 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN-TV Training U in Matterport
WGAN Text2Win
Sweepstakes | #20
Text
MT290XTA3US
to 877-805-0960
for Your Chance to Win . . .
7
Days
21
Hours
26
Minutes
18
Seconds
United States and Canada only; message and data rates may apply; 10 messages per month; reply STOP to 877-805-0960 to cancel. Texting and Random Drawing powered by SimpleTexting.
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
How to DIY Virtually Stage a Matterport
Tour using CAPTUR3D with Fracesca Tosolini
AdviceIndustryReal EstateRealvision

REAL VISION: Anyone Using It?3637

Basic
Member
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
i've been in dialogue with some folks on a real estate HDR facebook page and am incredulous how MP is trashed by some people. processing on the other platforms seems rather expensive. real vision seems the best as far as moving around experience, but all require a canon. i sure like my nikon D810 and the new 19mm PC lens and i ain't switching. i was thinking about maybe adopting another platform to be able to offer a lower priced alternative, but i don't see how they'd be any cheaper. real vision post seems arduous and complicated. elucidations welcome.
Post 26 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright I have not seen anybody trashing MP here in the forum. We have pointed out the obvious shortcomings of MP. But trashing I don't think so. Some feature are more important to certain people than to others. A simple example:
As a realtor you can care less if you can use the spherical images from the tour. It would be cool because they can be used on face book but it is not really that important. As a photographer I might look at this in a whole different way. What would you say if Nikon holds you images hostage? Not even asking for a ransom! :-)
Post 27 IP   flag post
Basic
Member
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
it was on a facebook forum - the trashing. jealous people i'm thinking. i bought xyzpix system and so it's the best and i'll tout is as such and discount all the others and belittle them in my marketing efforts.
Post 28 IP   flag post
MP/Embed
Founder
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlanHambright
i've been in dialogue with some folks on a real estate HDR facebook page and am incredulous how MP is trashed by some people. processing on the other platforms seems rather expensive. real vision seems the best as far as moving around experience, but all require a canon. i sure like my nikon D810 and the new 19mm PC lens and i ain't switching. i was thinking about maybe adopting another platform to be able to offer a lower priced alternative, but i don't see how they'd be any cheaper. real vision post seems arduous and complicated. elucidations welcome.


I would love to use RealVision with my Nikon D7000 + 10.5mm Nikkor Fisheye. I see no reason whatsoever why I shouldn't be able to. I looked on their website and couldn't find a telephone number and didn't feel like using the contact form.

I've reached the same conclusion as you -- the other platforms aren't cheaper. I can manually build a pretty tour with Pano2VR and throw it together on a one-page site, but Matterport is cheaper to do -- no post necessary... which is why I jumped on the platform in the first place. #1 selling reason.
Post 29 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
RealVision requires its own fork of Magic Lantern firmware. ML is a Canon firmware hack, developed originally to open more functions on the Canon 5D Mark II. Very surprised the in-depth comparison failed to mention that a camera hack, that voids your Canon warranty, is required for this system.

Caveat emptor
Post 30 IP   flag post


MP/Embed
Founder
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedPhotoDC
RealVision requires its own fork of Magic Lantern firmware. ML is a Canon firmware hack, developed originally to open more functions on the Canon 5D Mark II. Very surprised the in-depth comparison failed to mention that a camera hack, that voids your Canon warranty, is required for this system.

Caveat emptor


Whoah. Thanks for that piece of information. That's very interesting. Now I understand why Nikon cameras are not supported as well as having an appreciation for how this works ... I would guess that iGuide uses a similar approach with their system.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Basic
Member
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Processing is way too $ for these MP alternatives, IMHO. I'm sticking to MP and DSLR for hi res.
Post 32 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
To set the record straight - iGuide uses standard Canon firmware and does not modify it in any way, so Canon warranty is intact.

iGuide camera uses its own HDR image processing pipeline and does not need any of Canon DIGIC processor features used by higher end Canon DSLRs that are mostly centered around video recording and processing.
Post 33 IP   flag post
MP/Embed
Founder
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_iGuide
To set the record straight - iGuide uses standard Canon firmware and does not modify it in any way, so Canon warranty is intact.

iGuide camera uses its own HDR image processing pipeline and does not need any of Canon DIGIC processor features used by higher end Canon DSLRs that are mostly centered around video recording and processing.


Thanks, Alex. I wasn't sure so I did make sure to state that this was my guess. 😁
Post 34 IP   flag post
83802 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?