Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppMarketing

Hotel Room Scan - Please Review3475

TourMySpace private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my latest scan. I stayed in this room so I scanned it as soon as I arrived for a sample.

Any pointers on how to market to Hotels

Post 1 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Toilet seat should always be down and hide the trash can. It's tough to beat a DLSR to control the ambient, lights and also keeping the bed sheets nice and bright.
In my opinion, until Matterport can match or exceed these images from the hotel images - https://goo.gl/BrUzJx - it's a tough sell.
Post 2 IP   flag post
TourMySpace private msg quote post Address this user
Great Tips, Thanks @wonderdawg
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
A few months ago I did the same thing with a hotel I stayed in and then got the business card of the office manager.

I emailed him the model and, as we were heading back the same way on the return trip, I offered to trade them one year's use of the model for a complementary stay on the way back. They were delighted and wished to discuss having the other rooms scanned.

Last month when we were back out that way we scanned 8 more of their rooms for them.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
AIRBnB housing is a good vertical to check out on your next stay in the same scenario that Queen_City_3D mentioned!
Post 5 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
Looks good. I viewed it in my Gear VR. That's the first time I've seen a hotel room in a VR headset. I'm not sure why hotel room VR headset tours don't seem to exist. Hotel sites have photos of rooms. Visit Ramada's site, for instance, and you see room photos. However, nothing beats using a VR headset to walk through a room you're thinking about booking. if you have a headset you might see what that room looks like.

As a tourist, I would have liked to have looked at the suite as if I'd just walked in the front door. If you had put a scan point near the door, I could have done that. The same goes for the far chair in the bedroom. If a scan point existed there, I could have walked to that point and seen what the entire bedroom looks liked as if I was sitting in that chair.

Even without a lot of scan points, it's a great experience. Surely there's a corporate hotel executive somewhere who might explore the benefits of having Matterport room tour photos on their wAebsite. They'd probably have to view a room using a VR headset to understand.

They'd also probably have to update their site's software to support embedded objects such as a Matterport tour. Optionally, they could let you put a photo of a room and when people click the photo, they get taken to a page that hosts the actual model.

A downside to any VR headset tour in 2016 is the time it takes to "view a room." If I'm a busy person looking for a hotel room, it doesn't take long for me to look at lots of room photos quickly.

To view your hotel room in my Gear VR, I had to email your model's link to myself, find the email message on my phone, tap the link, select "Matterport," load my phone into the Gear VR headset, wait for the model to download and then launch the model to explore the room.

I'm hoping that Microsoft's VR headset will eliminate all this since Windows and VR will be integrated. Ideally, I'll simply

1) click your model link and
2) put on the Microsoft VR headset to tour the room

Another benefit will be that my smartphone doesn't have to serve dual purposes anymore because the MS headset doesn't use a phone. As I type this, my phone is still in the headset so I must retrieve it to begin using it as a smartphone again. Maybe in a few years, all hotel sites will have 360 room tours instead of plain room photos.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101646 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?