Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

Should Matterport Pros Charge for coreVR?3440

Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport has extended free coreVR until the end of June 2017

Is everyone charging for VR or not. My opinion is, if we don't charge for it now and at the end of June Matterport suddenly start charging $50 a model how do we then start charging clients who have been getting it for free??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I figured they would extend it seeing how the iOS app is still not out. I, personally, can't justify charging until its available on both Android and iOS devices. Until then, it's being advertised as "free VR conversion for limited time only!"
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Exactly
Post 3 IP   flag post
Mario private msg quote post Address this user
I think they do because they want to increase their camera sales giving the new comers a chance for low cost of start up.

There are many apps that does the job (of course using diff 360* cameras)without having to pay for it. And as an entrepreneur, those payments counts.
I know someone who disagreed with me about Matterport being a good option for VR for this specific matter.
It's a personal opinion .. I am new in this business, trying to learn from your expertise and what I read in this forum.

Cheeers
Post 4 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
So if matterport are true to their word and VR is available for iOS in early 2017. Are you folks going to start charging for it or offer it free? Because matterport could anytime after June 2017 start charging for it and then you will need to it be out of pocket!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dshowcaseuk
So if matterport are true to their word and VR is available for iOS in early 2017. Are you folks going to start charging for it or offer it free? Because matterport could anytime after June 2017 start charging for it and then you will need to it be out of pocket!

Personally, I think as soon as iOS app comes out I will start charging although I'd consider offering 1 free conversion to new clients as a way of attracting new business.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to charge $15 for it per tour and use it as a bargaining chip if the client seems reluctant. I think it's tacky to sell a feature that should be 'core'. My hope is that Matterport will extend CoreVR indefinitely as they have their camera discount.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Here's my suggestion (MATTERPORT... ARE YOU LISTENING?)....

Make the Core VR free indefinitely to users who have a Professional or Business plan. That way you (Matterport) are getting more MSP's away from $49/month hosting plans and into $99 or $149 hosting plans.

I would suspect Matterport would make more money that way, and Professional and Business Plan users can work with the VR option to pad their bottom line.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D that's a great idea
Post 9 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D Fantastic idea!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I think it should be standard as it's always been sold as part of the identity of what Matterport is. I know Matterport need to find ways to create more revenue, but I'd prefer that their not-really-vr CoreVR product (which is fantastic nonetheless), not be one of them. It's an awkward sell and it's awkward for Matterport to have to market it as a paid bonus feature.
Post 11 IP   flag post
PANOPTICMOTION private msg quote post Address this user
We currently don't charge but make it clear that the conversion into VR is free for a limited time only.

Personally i think that market pressure by the end of June will force them into keeping this element free/very cheap.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
They should absolutely not charge for VR. Vr is still at it's infancy although it will grow it is still a novelty and not enough people are using it yet. Many client think it's amazing but say the majority of people sitting at home looking do not have VR headsets so they probably would not pay extra for it.
In real estate buying a home is emotional and couples do it together. Picture a couple at home shopping on a computer they can do it together. Presently in VR they can not be looking at the same thing together. Most will have 1 headset if any. One will have the headset on and the other will be wondering what the heck is going on. There is presently too much disconnect.

At this point the wow factor is great when showing potential clients what Matterport can offer helping us sell Matterport. Beyond that, practicality is questionable.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen
They should absolutely not charge for VR.

If/When Matterport starts charging me, I'll have to charge my clients for it (either by raising my rates or having it as an add-on cost), otherwise I won't offer it at all.

That said, I suspect very few of my clients will pick it as an add-on cost feature right now as there's so few individuals who would have a Gear VR or even have Google Cardboard handy when they came across a 3D model.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
VR conversion is not something that would sell to my clients. The market for it is even colder than a MP tour. Not enough people shopping with VR so there is no value to the client for it.

With that said it is a great attention getter for selling MP tours. The wow factor gives you points for the sell.

So overall no I will not charge for it. I will price the tour package with "value-added" products that look great for the sell but costs us little to add in.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101634 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?