Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceCapture App

Black lines342

CKC private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

Just did a scan but found out there was a black line (see in the left in the pic here)...it appeared in some angles...have any of you guys encountered a similar issue? Any solution?

Thanks!!
Post 1 IP   flag post

Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
CKC
I have a couple of questions, did you only scan the main floor or did you scan up the stairs on each side? What is the approximate height of the black line if your had to guess from the floor?

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hi Ron,

I scanned up the stairs on each side.
The height was around 250-300cm.
Post 4 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
There also appears to be a small black line on the right closer to the top of the stairs. Have no idea what generated the lines. I suggest sending off the questions to MP Support. Once you get an answer can you post their response here.

Gary
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quick update:

- Support is checking the problem with Engineering.
- I did update the Capture app b4 this scan.

Still waiting for MP to solve this disaster!!

Will keep all posted so this won't happen to your guys!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@CKC I have not seen this before.

If you rotate the 3D model, do you see a similar line in six places?

Sweet that their engineering is taking a look. 😎

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hi Dan,

The lines are very obvious when you are on floor 1 and when you climb up the stairs...but it becomes less obvious when you are on floor2...when you rotate the model it would disappear in some angles...so i am wondering if it's the on sitw scanning thats problematic or the rendering/processing...but this is really a disaster and nightmare....
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CKC I am sure the Super-Hero visual computing engineers at Matterport will solve the puzzle.

In the mean time, a link to the model?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=i8JW5fekPcw&play=1
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CKC whike you are waiting for MP support to reply, I suggest uploading the same model again. MP does not charge again for reprocessing the same models. (Just make one trim change and you can upload again,)

Also, consider deactivating the affected scans (which all seem close together). You may not need them for walking around and may remove the vertical black lines. This may be a temporary workaround. Deactivating scans is done in 3D Workshop in Unity.

Time for zzzzzzzzz.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hi Dan - ok, will re-upload and update
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hi Dan,

Here's a re-upload after trimming a bit: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=2JqtaYwWApv

Black lines still there....argh....
Post 13 IP   flag post
Interesting lines seem to be floating in the model, see below

The lines seem to run parallel to the embedded tiles on the walls.

I wonder if these tiles could have some how screwed up the scans?

Please let us know what MP think caused the problem.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hi Gary,

Yes I've noticed that too...when you go up, the lines are gone and not as obvious...still waiting for answer/solution from MP
Post 15 IP   flag post
My gosh...MP wants me to send the camera back to them for evaluation. This is super frustrating and bad news....
Post 16 IP   flag post
This is really unacceptable as this will definitely happen to any camera and I am the unluckiest one...
Post 17 IP   flag post
With something of this value as well as needed for you business the acceptable procedure should be for them to "cross ship" you another camera. Once the new camera has arrived you can ship them yours. This is typically done by charging you CC the amount for the new camera but not the shipping. Once you have received the replacement camera you ship them back your old camera. MP needs to pickup the shipping on both cameras going both ways as this is a MP problem not yours.

This is the only way a professional company should handle a faulty high-end product exchange as it is their responsibility to make it right.

I would suggest send them off an email stating the above.

Please let me know how this turns out.

Good luck
Post 18 IP   flag post
Hi Gary,

Yes I have told them that they should send me a replacement asap so I can return the problematic one as I have many clients lined up for scanning with very tight deadlines...

The only thing I can say is that they are really still learning how to be a professional/responsible/trustable company when dealing with issues like this. Thanks Gary.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Latest update - I bought a new cam and MP will ship it out and i will return the old one to them and get a refund.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Great, thanks for the update CKC.

I'd still be interested in finding out what went wrong with you camera. If they do get back to you please let me know.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thanks Gary.

If this happened to camera providers like Sony or Panasonic, they would immediately send you a replacement and they care for you quickly and sincerely. Established companies always think 3 steps ahead of its customers. Very unfortunately, MP's customer service is thinking 2 steps behind of us. When ... happens, they hardly provide solutions, we the customers have to ask and ask and ask again and again. If I didn't ask for a immediately replacement, they'd have just asked me to return the faulty cam and that's it! You need to push them and they think, don't push, nothing will happen.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Just got a new cam, so am going to give it a try and see if the black lines issue is sorted....is it really only me that ever encountered this ridiculous problem???
Post 23 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I've never had it happen! Sorry you had to be the one.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Great news CKC, lets us know how your test goes. Have you shipped your old camera back yet?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Just did a scan with the new cam, my gosh, the black lines still there!!! Other than rescanning or deactivating the affected scans or returning the cam (again and pay the shipping fee!!), what can i do???!!! This is really getting so unacceptable. Already sent a note to MP.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Here's the link: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Dz1r1mtBJxz
Post 27 IP   flag post
What's confusing is when I first walked thru this showcase, the black line was NOT there, but after a few days, it appeared!
Post 28 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
This is a puzzler... Do you use a leveler device with your machine and check it at every scan? (Registration problem). Since it doesn't happen on every scan, it probably won't be the camera or image issue.

I was hoping to see it on the dollhouse mode, that would confirm the registration, but not there. It's not the shiny surface (tile) as the first scan you have doesn't include the same surface, nor does it carry over into the next scan position when you look back on it. I am betting on their stitching software....especially when it occurred on a second camera.

As far as their service, I think they should have sent a new one out upon your service complaint. They did the same with us when we had a battery problem, we had to ship it with $100 insurance fee and they would send it back when they were done. Weeks later....
Post 29 IP   flag post
Hi ccctucker,

Thanks for the input.

What I don't understand now is why the hell when i first walked through this bathroom, there was simply NO lines at all and now a few days later when i opened it, it suddenly appeared!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
101436 42 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?