Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseProblemsScansTrim

What's the average processing time?337

CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Today, I uploaded a scan taken earlier and it took about 3 hours for processing 100 Scans and producing the Showcase. I checked it out and I noticed I had to adjust some trim points to clean it up. I adjusted them and re-uploaded. It's now been 8 hours and it continues to say processing.
I normally don't keep track of how long it takes but this seems weird.
Has anyone experienced this? also, what's your typical processing time?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I've had some go quick (an hour) and some take overnight, even with similar number of scans. I guess it depends on the servers workload at the time.

Maybe they should offer an option of software to process the model locally and have it linked to their server so they can track your usage for payment
Post 2 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
I uploaded one the other day (200+ scans) that took 24 hours to complete. I guess it depends on how busy their servers are.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Jamie , I think that's a great Idea, but it seems that MP is trying to maintain total control. @Glenda , I don't usually keep track because I'll scan and upload and then wait about 24 hours, but I needed it faster today. BTW, 13 hours and counting .
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
That's crappy
I use the scan for floor plans. If I have a client that wants their job done by the next morning, I'm at MP mercy for processing. If I finish a job say 6pm, sometimes it's past midnight before it's processed and 3 am by the time I'm in bed. And thats only for 1 job. That needs to change
Post 5 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe we could ask Matterport to try to give a processing status icon on our Models page. Those things are never super reliable, but it might at least give some indication of how much time was left for a job we were waiting for.
Post 6 IP   flag post
So, it took 16 hours to process, thankfully within the time promised.

That would be very helpful @Craigsauer
Post 7 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I just added it to the appropriate Wish List.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed over the last week that its taking considerably longer for scans to come back... not ideal if your in a hurry!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Fort Worth, TX
3dHouseScan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm having a similar issue. I re-uploaded my model after making some adjustments and it has been processing for about 11 hours now.
I read somewhere that re-uploading larger models may significantly delay processing. I contacted matterport support, but I wonder if it just has to run its course.

Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Fort Worth, TX
3dHouseScan private msg quote post Address this user
UPDATE:
After 12 hours of processing and emailing/calling Matterport, my model is complete! Weird part is, I didn't receive an email saying that the model is ready to view. Oh well.
When it doubt, reach out.. to Matterport.

Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?