Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvice

Cameras reflected in the mirror336

CKC private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

Just got a client asking if I can remove the camera reflected in the mirror...the location is filled with mirrors so seeing cameras reflected everywhere is a huge pain! Wondering if there is any solution or even just how to minimize the potential damage?

If you have a solution, I am willing to pay!

Thanks so much!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
If you pay enough I'll come take the mirrors down
No way to do anything yet unfortunately
If you can drop the camera lower than the mirror? If it's to the floor, go across the room an then hide the scans in the middle. Apart from that, not much else
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi Jamie...hehehe...very unfortunately all the mirrors are to the floor..and the hallway is quite long..was also thinking hiding the scans in the middle but still very far from perfect...argh...
Post 3 IP   flag post
I did a house once that had a 25ft hall lined with mirrors on both sides. An alignment nightmare. Took so long to get past it.
Hopefully MP will have a masking and urine function soon
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I found another Matterport user showed me that in some cases you can hide the camera with flowers, it does always work but I found it to be helpful. You need to put your camera at approximate same high each time. I carry a vase with fake flowers that is high enough to put in front of the mirror. It works great in bathrooms but does not work for wall mirrors. You have to plan it out but in bathrooms it works.

Ron
Post 5 IP   flag post
That sounds like a nightmare!
I will share the showcase once done so everyone can discuss and minimize the ugliness in the future scans..Jamie can you share the one you did?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi Ron..hahaha...thanks for the bathroom tip!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Why private msg quote post Address this user
Any suggestions on how to get past a hall of mirrors on both sides or a bathroom mirror the length of the room?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
The following is from the Matterport instruction manual:

"As you scan, you can mark windows and mirrors in Capture.... The Mini-Map on Capture will not change, but the processed model will be cleaned up:
 Mirrors will be replaced with dynamic reflection
 Windows will be replaced with a static image from the Scan
 Trimmed content will be deleted"

I had initially thought "dynamic reflection" meant that the mirror reflection would be replaced with a silver surface, but apparently not. Is it coding that has no real visual effect--does anyone know?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Why private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesobay
The following is from the Matterport instruction manual:

"As you scan, you can mark windows and mirrors in Capture.... The Mini-Map on Capture will not change, but the processed model will be cleaned up:
 Mirrors will be replaced with dynamic reflection
 Windows will be replaced with a static image from the Scan
 Trimmed content will be deleted"

I had initially thought "dynamic reflection" meant that the mirror reflection would be replaced with a silver surface, but apparently not. Is it coding that has no real visual effect--does anyone know?

I am a new user and still learning all of the functions. I read the tutorial and it told me to mark mirrors as soon as they show up on the scan. I had no success with this suggestion. The double walled mirrors are the biggest hurdle. Have you been able to get by that issue? Such as a hall with mirrored doors on both sides, floor to ceiling?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Not a great deal you can do unfortunately. You can try marking the mirror. It apparently works, although I have had no success with it. Only real thing you can do it take small steps to get past it and then use the workshop to hide unwanted scans.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?