Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.obj3D ShowcaseEmbedNewbies

unique/personal links to 3d tours3349

JTW_VR private msg quote post Address this user
I am new to MatterPort and hope I am not repeating a previously answered question, but I couldn't find it in the threads.

Is there anyway to create a unique/personal link to a client's finished 3d tour? I've been in the photo business for years and really like having my clients clicking on a link that is directly from my business and not a secondary site to view their product.

Also is it possible to download a final 3d tour and use it independently of Matterport's cloud hosting? In other words is there a downloadable version I can have, that just lives on my desktop computer?

Again, I apologize....I'm sure this ground has been covered before....just suffering newbie pains : )
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JTW_VR

Welcome to the We Get Around Network Forum.

Tip of the Day: Custom URL for Matterport Spaces 3D Tour

Matterport lets you save the model to your iPad with in their Matterport 3D Showcase iOS App which is different from the Matterport Capture iOS App.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
I believe what @JTW_VR is looking for is WP3D Models solution where you can create your own link and not a matterport link to give to your clients.

I have been using WP3D Models for a while and not only is a very good solution but also their customer service is great.

Check in other threads about this service.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin

Ah! Thank you.

@JTW_VR

Please see:

20 Questions Live: WP3D Models WordPress Plugin
20 Questions Live: KoaWare Single Property Websites

Post 4 IP   flag post
I think I'm following, but let me ask it a different way.
Am I always limited to the final 3d tour file living somewhere in the cloud? In other words is there ever the option to deliver a physical file to your client for them to use as they please? I'm also thinking about how I will pitch/sell the service and I guess I come from the old school model where I deliver file(s) via thumb drive or Dropbox so the client has complete control over where and how they use the file.
I am guessing I am going to get this question while trying to sell this service and I just want to figure out how best to answer the question. It feels a little captive to not at some point have access to the file that is created. Unless the server functionality is actually how the tour is able to operate. Thanks so much for the fast and friendly feedback!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@JTW_VR Showcases models are hosted on the cloud and not downloadable on any PC. That said, as @DanSmigrod mentioned, assuming your client has an iPad they can install the free Matterport Showcase App and can download their model on to that app to view offline.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D because I am coming from a photo background, I am used the taking a picture and then owning it.
Let me ask a hypothetical here....what if I scan a building and have a 3d tour made for a client tomorrow. Then in 2 years there are some radical changes with Matterport (i.e they are bought by another company / they go out of business, etc). What happens to my scan and 3D tour. Do they just disappear. Thats why I keep asking about actually having access to files, not just a file that lives on Matterports cloud. Any thoughts?
Thanks for the feedback!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
The hosting of spaces (hosting fees) is the real money-maker for a company like Matterport, so even if the technology evolves to where they no longer give support to new scans, I can't see why they'd ever give up hosting existing ones and getting that recurring revenue for as long as the scans are viewable on webpages or mobile devices.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?