Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Virtual Reality

Matterport Gear vr help!!! Does not see app3313

Bobby private msg quote post Address this user
Ok I am no newbie to the matterport system. This is driving me crazy. I really dislike the samsung platform though!

Ok so I have enabled 2 spaces in the workshop that I need to show for a presentation today. I select the little VR googles and it keeps directing me to the oculus store to install the Matterport VR app! Its been installed a long time ago and everything has been updated. Hmmm! anyone with ideas please would be appreciated. Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have the cardboard app installled on the Samsung phone you are using? If you have uninstall it first.
Post 2 IP   flag post
no I do not have the carboard installed. Its strange as I have used this many times before. However it has been a while. I have not purchased the matterport VR again(again)but now when selecting gear vr from a 3d showcases it directs me to the play store saying I have purchased the app!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
You need to install the matterport vr app but not the cardboard app if you are using vr gear
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yes I know installed a long time ago and have been using that.You just asked me if I had the cardboard app installed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Sorry I will be clearer. A few typos above. So I have the matterport vr app installed. Never have installed cardboard. On first launch this morning I was redirected to the oculus store asking to purchase the app. This is strange in itself as I already have the app. I proceeded to purchase and did successfully. I then relaunched phone, clicked on the 3D showcase then selected the vr icon. The next screen is the matterport VR | Occulus store saying I have purchased the app.
Post 6 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
You said " On first launch this morning"

On first launch of what? Gear VR? Powering up the phone? Your browser? It sounds like you're on the phone launching something.

You also said it's "been a while." A while since what? Gear VR software and the Matteport app have been updated before by Oculus. I don't think Cardboard matters because my phone has them both installed and I can use either one on my Galaxy.

Maybe you can see if Matterport is still on your phone by launching Oculus, clicking "Library" and viewing your installed apps. If it's not there you can install it again.

I've seen my phone fail to launch a Matteport VR link before but that was because my default launcher settings got confused. If that's a problem you can adjust that in your phone's settings.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Launch of the 3D showcase link on my samsung phone. It has been a while since I have used this phone for a VR tour.

As far as I am aware the settings of the default launcher are what they should be. The issues is the VR icon link take me straight to the oculus store not the VR app.
Post 8 IP   flag post
If you can post that link I can see what happens on my phone. I assume that the Matterport Gear VR app is in your Oculus library. You can check quickly by tapping your phone's Oculus icon, tapping the settings icon in the phone's upper-left corner and then tapping "Libary." You'll see all your apps.

If Matterport's still installed, maybe there's some kind of bug that occurs when

1) Your Matteport app is outdated and needs updating

2) You tap your phone's VR icon

Ideally, you'd expect the phone to say your Matterport app needs updating. Maybe instead it's taking you to the Matterport store asking you to install it.

Note - If you launch Oculus, put on your headset and select an app, Oculus will tell you that an update for that app is available.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yes it is definitely in my library.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=wc6M6DgYCao

Seems to be all updated. Let me know and thank you
Post 10 IP   flag post
I tap the VR icon on my phone and the menu comes up asking me to choose Cardboard or Gear VR to view the model. That's how it always worked.

However, today when I choose Gear VR, the phone doesn't tell me to put on my headset so the Oculus Matterport app can launch. Instead, the Matterport Gear VR app launches on my phone. That means, it's running on my phone screen in side-by-side mode without me putting on the headset. I haven't seen that happen before. This seems like a different problem so now there's two problems.

You might yourself the actual VR link, view the email message on your phone and tap the link. Ordinarily when I did that, the phone asked me to put on my headset and the Matterport app launched automatically. That's now working either. Maybe you'll get a different result if you email yourself the VR link ..

https://my.matterport.com/vr/show/?m=wc6M6DgYCao
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yes its strange. Its always worked for me as well by tapping on the icon. The actual VR link wont work. It never has for me and Matterport says it will not either. This is typical when trying to show a client today! Thanks anyway
Post 12 IP   flag post
Good luck. You could always uninstall and reinstall the Matteport app as a last last resort.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
FloridaProperties private msg quote post Address this user
I'm having a hard time as well. Let me know if you got it working.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
FloridaProperties private msg quote post Address this user
It just worked for me
Post 15 IP   flag post
101641 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?