Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseVirtual Reality

Holographic Model3279

Helen private msg quote post Address this user
Do you think we will one day be able to do this with a Matterport model. If they opened up to third party developers I think it would be sooner than latter. This company is doing some impressive things with visualization.
Post 1 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know what that is but thanks for the link. I followed it through YouTube and that company doesn't say much about this "dollhouse you can hold." I'll keep checking their website. They say they're into all kinds of cutting edge technology. Matterport still seems to have the only real quality 3D dollhouse I've seen. Maybe in 2025 we can pull one off the screen, enlarge it and walk into the dollhouse.

Microsoft's already demonstrated someone "pulling" a 3D chair out of an Edge browser and bringing it into the real world as a hologram viewable with Hololens. Hololens owners can also resize holograms to gigantic proportions.

So, in the future we may be able to grab a "dollhouse" off the Internet, place it on the floor, resize it to room size and walk into the room. In December, Microsoft will provide more details about it's VR headset and hopefully explain how it might use holograms.

Such a VR headset could place it in a category by itself if you could inject holographic objects into your virtual reality view. That ability might open the door to holographic virtual staging where you make a holographic couch appear in the VR model you're looking at while wearing a VR headset. Extra points if we can grab the couch using our hands and place it where we want. After we're done remodeling, we shrink the dollhouse back down to a miniature, shove it back into the Edge browser so other people on the Internet can see our home makeover job.

Since Microsoft has mentioned the word "hologram" and "VR headset" in the same breathe, we'll find out what's in store in December. Because holography will be built into Windows 10 and their VR headset connects to a PC running Windows 10 and Microsoft knows a lot about holography, I don't see why their new VR headset wouldn't integrate holograms some way in the headset.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Someone posted a thread demonstating this with a Matterport space about a year ago, but I can't seem to find the thread. @DanSmigrod, can you find it?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user

@jonj I think it was me :-)
Here is the video and the explanation of how we did it is in the description.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen We can do that right now actually... Just posted about it in the other thread you mentioned this.

AR media
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?