Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there, I hope you are enjoying your sunday!

I have been researching a little, trying to find a reliable and cost effective rendering service.

So far Archilogic has emerged as a suitable prospect, but I wonder if you can tell me about other companies that do the same.

The reason is that sometimes I come across a developer that says: "I love Matterport but I have not a finished unit to show. Can you create a 3D model that I can walk if I give you a 2D floor plan to work with?".

I really like the idea of offering the whole package: Matterport, floor plans and 3D renders.

With my camera, and Petra´s Blue-Sketch service I have the solution for the first two, but I need a renders provider.

Any tip or help will be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
The real question is what it should be used for.

If you want a quick way to show your design in a web based application Archilogic seems like a nice solution. You will be limited to one floor per model though. There are workarounds for that but still..

If they need images or video in order to sell their property, I think you should look in to something more realistic then that.

All depends on the clients needs and budget.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@DannyBasting, the idea came from the fact that sometimes, as it happens frequently in my country, the developers start selling appartments in buildings that do not exist yet. They have only floor plans, a scale model and that's it.
They don´t even have a model appartment to show.

So, as a Matterport model would be only possible if they have a model appartment, que question they raise is: can you do somethig like Matterport but from something that doesn´t exist yet?

This means that the need is to have a 3D model that a prospective buyer could walk around, and even play with furniture, etc.

Do you know of anything more realistic than Archilogic?

I suppose that budget wouldn´t a main concern if the solution is realistic enough as to help in the selling process.

Thanks for your contribution!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
@jfantin

I made the switch from traditional rendering engines to the Unreal game engine to do the visualizations for my clients about a year ago. I think the ability to interact with a model is a very important feature and game engines are already playing a big role in the architectural visualization world.

You may want to take a look at my Scan to Game Engine tread if you haven't already.

Below is one of the first projects I created with UE4 for a developer.

Also @jonj is working on something cool over here.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks @DannyBasting, I saw the thread you mentioned where you work with a xyz point cloud from a Matterport model.

The result is very impressive. Also I watched the video.

Now my question is: can you do that starting with a floorplan in 2D? Or do you always need a 3D model to start with?

For what I understand, you have worked with a model generated with a Matterport Camera (although I am not sure about the video you posted with UE4.

Finally, are you planning to make this as a service for others? I would be interested.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfantin

Now my question is: can you do that starting with a floorplan in 2D? Or do you always need a 3D model to start with?

Yeah I could create a model from a floorplan. But your thread got me thinking.. Maybe using Archilogic to create a 3D model would be a good starting point for creating a useable 3d model for my UE4 workflow as well.

I think I may reach out to them (or this community), to see if someone can send me an example OBJ file created from a floorplan using their service.
Post 6 IP   flag post
SVM private msg quote post Address this user
@DannyBasting reach out to them and you will probably end up dealing with Johannes.

I've just recently started using their service and he's been awesome, I don't see why he wouldn't be willing to work with you.

I would be very interested in seeing his models with your visual effects.

If you decide not to deliver this as a service please let us know more about your workflow. Specifically the rendering section as I'm fine with sketchup just not so hot on the renders yet lol.
Post 7 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Danny,
I will PM you a model that I had rendered by Archilogic.
Jon
Post 8 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin Hey! We are using archilogic and so far it has been a massive hit - and a massive money maker! We are selling it to building companies and real estate agents who are selling apartment blocks off the plans.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thank you @Property3dNZ, I have ordered a free sample with their 30 days free trial to see how it works.

All the best!
Post 10 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I wanted to post an example of what I have received from Archilogic. They do a great job and I highly recommend them!

Archilogic Example

Here is the actual property that was rendered.

Zillow Listing

The great thing about Archiologic is that all of the models are already VR compatible.

Hope this helps,
Jon
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you very much @JonJ! This really helps to understand the service and uses.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@DannyBasting Have you seen this company they do visualization with the unreal engine. Here is one they did using augmented reality. May be worth checking out there youtube channel clickable text

Post 13 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
@Helen Thank you for sharing!

I haven't heard of them specifically . Then again, there are a lot of companies starting to switch from traditional rendering engines to game engines like UE4 and Unity.

I did something similar as they do in the video you shared.. This was a long time ago though, before I started working with UE4. I tested a program called ARmedia.

Pretty fun stuff to play around with, however with the arrival of Virtual reality and the developments going on in mixed reality I don't think this particular use case will be relevant for much longer.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101429 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?