Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcasebrandingEmbed

Custom URL shortening3252

DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure this is not new to the veteran MPers' here but I thought it is interesting enough to post.

Setting up my Facebook page I wanted to limit Matterports branding as much as I could. So I have created a standard image template for presenting my scans on FB and Instagram.

But I didn't like the url having matterport in it. So I decided to use bit.do and create a custom url for each post.

So for: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=UpjsiYc2MRo&help=1
I use this: http://bit.do/rva3D-AhabsTale

also if you sign up with bit.do you get stats on the links you create. I mean who doesn't like more stats?

Amateur stuff but if I inspire just one person...
Post 1 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @DSPhoto,

That is a great way to get matterport out of the url, but I would encourage you to consider using WP3D Models for this purpose. If you use either the "skinned view" or branded "full screen" view, it will display your website information as to a generic bit.do website. Also, when the site opens, it reflects your website instead of having matterport appear in the url. And as an added benefit, it helps with your SEO as more people are directed to your website instead of directly to matterport.

Just some thoughts.
Jon
Post 2 IP   flag post
WP3D is an option I am considering but trying to keep costs down as I build up business. Website, Monthly MP fees, WP3D and on and on...

It all adds up.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I understand where you are coming from, but if I were to start my business again, WP3D models would be one of the first things I would invest in. The value added far outweighs the cost in my opinion.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm starting to come to that conclusion.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DSPhoto

Get the free use of WP3D Models, when you join the We Get Around Referral Network as a Standard Member ...

www.JoinStandard.com

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod, I think there is something missing in my understanding of WPD3... what is so different from what I am using now, I mean side by side.
and is this an extra fee per tour of is it a monthly ?

Thanks Douglas
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers

Thanks for asking. Pleae see the comprehensive discussion here:

20 Questions Live: WP3D Models

As a Standard Member of the We Get Around Referral Network, you get the free use of WP3D Models. (WP3D Models includes unlimited Single Property Websites, for example).

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod I know but like I said- It all adds up.

I'm trying to not make residential real estate my main focus so I'm not sure if WP3D is the path to take.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101422 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?