Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Adds Zoom / Loads Tiles vs Cubes3240

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport is currently rolling out the ability for users to zoom into tours.

I can confirm that this feature can be seen on a recent tour of mine by using the mousewheel or clicking the + and - icons that appear above the full screen icon.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=aaVXk41FPjV

The mousewheel usually will just navigate to the nearest point.

Strangely enough -- this tour is newer, and the mousewheel behavior is for navigation:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=5iKNkqyDLMQ

In addition, in order to facilitate higher quality on zoom, Matterport is now loading tours tiles instead of cube faces. What this means is that a 1024x1024 cube face will now be loaded as 4 separate 512x512 cubes.

I noticed a few days ago that Matterport has removed their protection on their 2K images (2048x2048). I had noted that these existed months ago, despite not being used.

Now, in the archive of files that comprise the tour, there are tiles of each set of cube faces.

It appears that Matterport is upgrading ALL tours to feature this new ability. Remember the recent change to fov (Field of View)? This change also plays into the zoom ability by starting us further back before we zoom in to extend that amount of zooming that is possible.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
keep up the good work. I appreciate all the time you spend informing us.
Post 2 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 both tours on your post uses mouse wheel to zoom in
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
On my mobile device, I can pinch zoom in and out on the first one, not the second one.
Post 4 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 I checked them on Chrome, just for the record
Post 5 IP   flag post
vantasy private msg quote post Address this user
currently zoom function only available for new scans? Perhaps they will upgrade for all the other tours
Post 6 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @metroplex360, this zoom feature is great news! I recently made an art gallery and with the zoom I can see the texture of the paintings without having to take closer shots.

Thanks for your good work!
Post 7 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
I confirm that older tours do not have the zoom capability. I have checked a few from my account.
Post 8 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
The official word is that it applies to any Tour processed after August 25th. I wonder if re-Processing a model that was made before then would work?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Cupix Head of Product Strategy pcollart private msg quote post Address this user
In my opinion, they should leave the mouse-wheel to move forward and back ... leave the zoom to the new +/- buttons on screen. I prefer navigating with mouse-wheel (forward/back) + hold mouse button (panning or changing FOV).
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Seems like I caught this right before the newsletter went out.

Matterport is now offering us:
- Higher Quality Snapshots & Bulk Downloads*
- Zooming for Snapshots*
- Zooming in 3D Showcase*
- Increased 3D Showcase Navigation Speed*
- Edit VR in Matterport Workshop
- Show & Hide 3D Scans -- Ability to turn off scans directly.

Matterport have added quite a lot today! I'm sure there's something great here for everyone!
Post 11 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Festive season came early this year, :-). Love all the new goodies,
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
They are good features other than the snapshot bug freezing the workshop. Metroplex360, have you seen the error message that comes up after 3 snapshots? Lots of URL code that I dont understand but you probably do. Is it workshop or is it my computer?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
I just went in to check on mattertag issue that Harlan referenced to see if it was a problem on my machine. It worked fine and retested the snapshot feature this morning it took 7 shots in a row and never locked up workshop. Yeah!
Post 14 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone noticed the VR being zoomed in?

A client of mine just called and said when he was showing the VR, it looks like it is zoomed in more than it was. He said that when moving to a door, now it pretty much puts him at the peep hole where as before we was a little bit further away.

I don't know how to change this if there is a difference in the VR settings.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@immersiveprop Matterport actually did the opposite recently by increasing the default fov. Additionally, if you use the snapshot tool to set the default view, you can zoom out (increase fov) to set the default zoom for the tour.
Post 16 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
So if I am understanding correctly, I can use the snapshot tool, zoom out, take a snapshot -> set to default and that would increase the fov for the entire tour? Does this apply to VR as well?
Post 17 IP   flag post
dbuck private msg quote post Address this user
Nope, fov for the VR is determined by what headset is used.. changing it from that has ... sickening effects
Post 18 IP   flag post
101641 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?