Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceFloor PlansProblemsScanning

Why is the wall bending in?3189

Dolloff private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All, Can I get a critique on this space. I def. dont like the wall bending in on Dollhouse and FLoor Plan view. How can I fix this? I have a scan right in that space because I could see it as I was scanning, but even the additional scan right there did not push the wall out. What do you think? Advice?

Thanks!

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
At some point during your shoot a scan has thrown to the wrong area (the camera thought it was in a different place) thats why this has happened. Its super important that you pay close attention to where each scan ends up throughout the scanning process and you delete any and slightly move the camera and redo the scan when it happens. If you can figure out which scan has done it you may be able to delete it and re upload - you possibly will be able to see it.... maybe make mulitple copies of the scan and try deleting and see if you can figure it out... good luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
That's a serious alignment problem. Did the mini-map on your iPad look like this, or was it reasonably straight?
Post 3 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
I have some instances in which the room or wall bends or does not follow a straight line as expected on the Capture App. In the final model it does not look bad but it could be that they were small rooms.
The room that is crooked is the one on the left bottom corner.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Dolloff private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and advice. After making copies and deleting some scans, I went back to the space and just re-shot that area.

Matterport explained it as "Loop Closure"- It is a very large space, so if each scan was just a touh off, by the time you close the loop, the scans are a lot off.

It is a very large space, so I was thinking about starting with the walls first and then filling in the middle. Hopefyll this will align everything initially.

Thanks again for the help!

Stephanie
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?