Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Dan's Influence w/ Mattport?3179

Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
This may be normal but I got this from Matterport today after a webinar I signed up for but didn't make it to watch. Was this a change in wording from the Rumblings here? Or has this attempt from Matterport yonsend you all leads always been here?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't they start their own community?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
maybe but the past month on this one many have been very vocal about that matterport is not helping MSPs and when I saw that where they had a link to steer people to hiring a local provider I thought it might be from Dan's commentaries and the group here voicing their concerns.
Post 3 IP   flag post
VRealExperience private msg quote post Address this user
Out of curiousity, I would be interested in knowing what Dan's full relationship is with MP.

Does he know any of the executive personnel or employees of MP directly?

With this community, he has definately may some noise, and I feel would have warranted the opportunity to have some conversations in high places.

Dan - I am sure there is a level of confidentiality in place with some of the conversations you may have had, your very outspoken on a number of topics, but dont reference (that I recall) any specific conversations.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Didn't they start their own community?

They used the wrong nomenclature. A community requires that there be members who actually hang out there. Matterport started a support forum, not a community. It's a place to air out your complaints, make a request for a feature and then be humbled by realizing that your posts will live in infamy on matterport.com, and to suck up to Matterport by liking their announcements.

And I'm not saying that's all bad I just don't think it's a community.
Post 5 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
A few weeks ago when some of the members of this forum started complaining about Matterport promoting their cameras with our potential customers I wrote directly in Matterport's forum.

The answer was immediate and very effective: the Marketing VP (who´s resignation I asked vigorously) wrote back to me apologizing and she immediatly changed the wording of their website regarding the "$70 per model" cost or agents who wanted to do it by themselves.

My post received a lot of exchange of ideas and Matterport listened accordingly.

So, in my opinion, their forum really helped because after a couple of weeks complanining among ourselves about the $70 issue, the key to solve this was to write to them directly.

All this makes sense. It is they who have to make changes so writing to them is the logic step.

I am not saying that they always listen, but in this case it really worked.
Post 6 IP   flag post
VRealExperience private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfantin
A few weeks ago when some of the members of this forum started complaining about Matterport promoting their cameras with our potential customers I wrote directly in Matterport's forum.

The answer was immediate and very effective: the Marketing VP (who´s resignation I asked vigorously) wrote back to me apologizing and she immediatly changed the wording of their website regarding the "$70 per model" cost or agents who wanted to do it by themselves.

My post received a lot of exchange of ideas and Matterport listened accordingly.

So, in my opinion, their forum really helped because after a couple of weeks complanining among ourselves about the $70 issue, the key to solve this was to write to them directly.

All this makes sense. It is they who have to make changes so writing to them is the logic step.

I am not saying that they always listen, but in this case it really worked.

This is awesome. I wrote personally and spoke with one key executive, and wrote again last night suggesting some ideas and voicing some concerns with solutions which prompted the VP of Marketing to reach out as well. I am actually fairly impressed with it - but the proof is in the pudding.

One of my key arguments is their Marketing to Real Estate agents. Now in of itself I have zero problems with them doing this. It makes a lot of sense. BUT, in the same time they have done very little to enable the community of existing partners. They lend us very little ability to add value to justify our existence and investment.

My argument that if they had their goal of ever real estate agent owning a MP Pro - the traditional community would be non-existent, and there in turn they eliminated the whole adjacent market of restuarants, museums, and many more. Often times those produce the nicest end result. I also called to their attention that there are very few tech savvy agent markets out there - so while they can try to market directly, they absolutely need us, so feed us with resources for Marketing mostly.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@VRealExperience

I have had breakfast, lunch and dinner with senior executives of Matterport: not because of me, but because of you and nearly 11,000 other monthly Members/Visitors of the We Get Around Forum.

EVERY WORD of the We Get Around Forum is read by Matterport. And, voicing your opinion here means that it is also being read by people making decisions to buy or engage a Matterport Pro (or other 3D/VR/360º solution).

I sharing my opinion with 11,000 monthly Visitors/Members (which is why Matterport cares what Members of the Community have to say). You are my client: not Matterport.

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. We Get Around is not affiliated with Matterport. I earn a living from hundreds of We Get Around Referral Network Members like you (thank you): not Matterport. I write about what is important to the Community.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@DanSmigrod that was evidenced by that email I got. From the group here previously it was said that they didn't word their marketing appropriately and now it seems they have corrected it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101635 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?