Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMarketingUnofficial CardboardVirtual Reality

Which VR Viewer Artwork do you like best?3095

WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Blue looks more professional. Multi looks more fun. I like fun! Get both let them pick the one they like. It could help you determine how to approach the sale.
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

You are not making this easy for me.

At the moment, my bias is to order both and use the blue or multi-color one depending on whether I want to evoke business (blue) or fun (multi-color) - or give someone a choice - as @frstbubble suggests.

I have a meeting Thursday afternoon (10 November 2016) with Unofficial Cardboard, so if you have thoughts on this topic, please share them by noon EDT tomorrow, Thursday.

Best,

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Great decision @DanSmigrod! You decided to not decide.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
Blue for office presentations and the like, multi for trade shows and other situations where you are not the only business showcasing their wares.
Post 29 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
If both boxes work, it may not be possible to choose the "best" as we imagine a box in different scenarios.

The following is so far outside the box it's not even a box. Maybe it could work at trade shows if in the future you ever consider an alternative packaging solution ..

I'm not sure what that is but it's not a box and it's also a mystery. You could apply your own colors and design to a gift bag. Apple thinks outside the box. VR and Matterport in a way are outside the box too. The boxes you have are nice, but they're not that different from other product boxes you'll find on shelves.

A bagged product (grab bag) may stand out because it's a bag. I think people seem to like bags since a bag may remind them of gifts -- especially Christmas gifts.

Other benefits --

* A gift bag kind of like a present that in a way, you "unwrap." Here's a psychological study which says many people may associate gift wrapped things with joyous events since they've experienced joyous events in the past.
(The Psychology Behind Wrapping Paper)

* People may not only keep the bag but use it in a variety of ways. If your brand's on the bag, who knows who else will see the bag during it's lifetime.

* Maybe it's cheaper to put a VR headset inside a bag.

* The bag can also contain other fun stuff, such as colorful confetti, instructions and even a few candy kisses. Imagine folks at a trade show having fun seeing what's inside their "gift."

All that came to me from thinking - regardless of the box you create, it's probably been done before AND .. VR and Matterport are cutting-edge enough to demand a unique presentation that's outside the box. This might not work as a shipped product but I might check one out if I saw someone giving them away at a trade show. Perhaps gift bags that you "unwrap" do invoke positive feelings we don't understand.
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
Get both.

The colorful ones should be used for Realtors. The blue one for yourself for demos, and for corporate clients.

I decided not to decide

Like @Metroplex360 says

We ordered both this week from Unofficial Cardboard.

If you want to use the We Get Around VR Viewer artwork – with you logo and website, please Private Message (PM) me.

Best,

Dan
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
We Get around got to use our multi-color VR Viewer at this event today (Monday, 12 December 2016).

Best,

Dan

P.S. Thanks again (all) for your feedback: multi-color = fun = events ...
Post 32 IP   flag post
kellysuesharp private msg quote post Address this user
I lean toward the Blue

Just more professional while still eye catching
Post 33 IP   flag post
Vince_MccrayT private msg quote post Address this user
Why hasn't the reviewer posted about the upcoming OSVR HDK2? Thats open source VR same capabilities as the Oculus upgradeable unlike the Oculus and evolving quickly with hand gesture etc oh and for much less money. Check the distributors out RazerZone. This should be on the radar of pcmag surely.
Post 34 IP   flag post
101600 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?