Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Dystopian

Agent e-mails from Matterport3083

DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
So are any of your Agents that you have tours with getting e-mails from matterport trying to sell or get them to buy cameras.?

I have two Agents in the past few days sending me the Matterport e-mail asking them to join a seminar online about Matterport.

This is NOT OK with me what do you all think ?
Dougas
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
MP will mine any model you have for potential leads and there's nothing you can do about it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
True but is that not going behind out backs...
So the people I am selling my service to are being asked to bypass me and get them to buy a camera and do it themselves.

So now I know why everyone here is very disappointed in who Matterport is becoming.
Post 3 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers definitely not ok!

With everything that is going on lately with MP it seems to me that they are desperate!

I am seriously questioning the health of their business.
Post 4 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps it is just a coincidence. It is natural that if MP thinks that the target market are agents, then they will get lists of emails and make a promotion.

I wouldn´t think that they are using the info contained in your models.

Of course it wouldn´t be OK if they were using our info with this purpose.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I am in the same boat. It won't be long before another company comes along and out does Matterport.

Well out of 680 Agents in my network only the ones that I have done tours for have received this e-mail... ??? !!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMeyers

Well out of 680 Agents in my network only the ones that I have done tours for have received this e-mail... ??? !!!

You have a point here...
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Boise, Idaho
360Idaho private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Doug, what info in your tour are they using to connect with your customers. I only add the home address and haven't had any agents notify me about emails ads.
Post 8 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
This is what I think when I look objectively at the facts:

#1 We have a hard time selling to Realtors because they don't want to spend any money.

#2 A successful Realtor would not think of spending the time on taking a MP tour because they can spend the time gaining a new client and make thousands

#3 even if they would have an assistant taking the MP tours would still be ineffective, bcs. they usually have to deal with closings, showings, presentations and prospecting.

This shows how flawed MP business model actually is.
Post 9 IP   flag post
At the bottom of the info page is the agents e-mail and phone number...
Post 10 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a waste of time for MP. The only people you have done tours for straight up told you they got solicited by MP. Not effective marketing at all.

I do think you should call MP about this. They should not be mining the info in our models for contacts.
Post 11 IP   flag post
True,,, thats why I am only bringing it here.
and one of the agents is my wife... go figure...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMeyers
True,,, thats why I am only bringing it here.
and one of the agents is my wife... go figure...

HA! That's rich!
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Boise, Idaho
I don't offer matterport as a stand alone product. It's always added to a tour template that already shows the agents info. Since the agents info is already on the template I can leave this info of the 3D.......no way for them to know who my clients are.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Shame we have to consider that.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Well I might have to start putting their info somewhere else if this continues...
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Boise, Idaho
If your offering just the 3D tours to agents, They'll need both a branded and unbranded link if they plan to upload it to their local MLS. Due to respa laws, the unbranded link cant have the listing agents info on it. Just sayin
Post 17 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
From a long game point of view, diversify your portfolio now, focus on other sectors away from real estate and let them catch up in their own time.

I don't know if this is just a British saying but it goes "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink". You may have the same saying or similar.

So let them see the other horses drinking first.

[redacted]

Property may appear to be the main or only source of income right now for many but the property sector's desperation to not spend money on a better user experience opens many other doors that you all should explore.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
I have tried to read both the Matterport Portal Subscription Agreement and the Matterport Privacy Policy in the past hour. I may have missed it, but I do not see anywhere where we give license to Matterport to use any data we add to the model for their marketing purposes.
Post 19 IP   flag post
So then this could seem to violate our understanding of their agreement?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
Could? maybe. Does? Who knows for certain?

I suggest others try to read the agreement and statement as well.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Even so it's still not proper for them to do this, but they have us over a barrel.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I've had a several agents let me know matterport contacted them to purchase a camera. I think that's playing very dirty on the part of MP.
Post 23 IP   flag post
VRPM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter
From a long game point of view, diversify your portfolio now, focus on other sectors away from real estate and let them catch up in their own time.

I don't know if this is just a British saying but it goes "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink". You may have the same saying or similar.

So let them see the other horses drinking first.

[redacted]

Property may appear to be the main or only source of income right now for many but the property sector's desperation to not spend money on a better user experience opens many other doors that you all should explore.

Agree with this, it's only a matter of time before consumers start demanding to see quality tours on every property listing. We will not be still looking at just static pictures and floorplans within 3-5 years. The only thing holding the revolution back is the reluctance of estate agents to spend money on marketing and because of this, consumers are missing out on a better way to preview property online.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Perhaps the problem is that they are still using other traditional means of marketing and hence their limited budget doesn't allow for an additional feature like Matterport.

I have a customer here that spent $ 10,000 on a giant billboard covering the 20th and 21st floor of a building for rent, and just $ 1,000 on the Matterport model for one of the floors (it is an empty new building and all floors are equal).

How many potencial customers do you think they will get from a billboard compared to a well executed MP model that can be seen and explored all around the world at the touch of a button? Specially considering that their target market is not local but international companies willing to establish a base in Buenos Aires.

So, here you have a very consolidated and successfull company using tradicional (old) marketing techniques while reluctantly accepting Matterport but only after a lot of effort from my side.

I am sure that if they had those $10,000 to spend and I offered them to make a model for "just" $ 2,000 it would be a win-win situation.

Unfortunately we are in the middle of a transition and at this moment only the early adopters are betting on Matterport. That's why in some markets this business is still slow.

I agree with others in the sense that real estate is not the beginning nor the end of the world. It is just one market, that's all.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
Aren't the models our property? MP only host, we paid for the gear, the processing and the hosting. Who gave them a key to the company store?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
As I read it, the only thing we own are the pano photo images. And, we are not allowed to download them from the web server or the iPad app. So we own vapor.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLoser
As I read it, the only thing we own are the pano photo images. And, we are not allowed to download them from the web server or the iPad app. So we own vapor.

You own the panoramas -- they are yours. By downloading them (which you need a 3rd party for), you are violating their terms of service, but they are your property.

Matterport's TOS allows you to download YOUR OBJ file and YOUR snapshots.

I do believe that Matterport will eventually open up to allowing us to downloading our panoramas. I think it's a matter of time. It will either be due to competition, or if Matterport decide to stop producing cameras due to 3D Cameras being common place and selling a 'camera' no longer making sense. At that point, the Matterport camera will need to offer the same benefits as an open device (Tango Tablets) and it'll be opened too. My personal opinion.
Post 28 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I use WP3D models to put the agents information in for the website and not the tour. I guess if you name the scan with the address, they could do I quick search online to find the agent, but I do not think they would take that much time.

I know when I first contacted them about buying a camera, the guy called me at least once a week. I would guess that the cameras are not being sold in big enough numbers and this might be the reason the $600 discount ran for so long. So I could see someone in the sales department thinking "how can I tap into a market and sell more cameras?". What better person to contact than the person already using the service but does not have the equipment?

I would not give them any more info than what is required.

I know other service providers in my area just give the agent a link to their model. I see it on facebook from time to time. I guess that is why people would give Matterport the "marketing package" because they have to attach the agents info somewhere.

Can you cut and paste a copy of the email? I would like to see how they are pitching this.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Dear ,
Thank you for registering for "Matterport for Real Estate".
Learn how Matterport's immersive media system is revolutionizing the way people buy and sell properties and how to prepare for the future of real estate marketing.
Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: webinars@matterport.com
How To Join The Webinar
Thu, Nov 10, 2016 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PST
Add to Calendar: Outlook® Calendar | Google Calendar&#8482 | iCal®
1. Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:
https://global.gotowebinar.com/join/7185279178902969860/185215908
Before joining, be sure to check system requirements to avoid any connection issues.
Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.
2. Choose one of the following audio options:
TO USE YOUR COMPUTER'S AUDIO:
When the webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.
--OR--
TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below.
United States (Toll-free): 1 866 952 8437
United States: +1 (914) 614-3429
Access Code: 139-054-098
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar
Webinar ID: 261-167-251
To Cancel this Registration
Post 30 IP   flag post
101421 43 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?