Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Wish we all could have gotten this deal...3055

JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user

clickable text

I saw this now on the matterport site, wish we could have qualified for this deal... :-(

So a realtor can pay his camera on a monthly basis, and deduct that cost against tax returns?
Post 1 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
WOW! I agree!
Post 2 IP   flag post

clickable text

Offer ends 31-10-2016

AND ITS INTEREST FREE!!! :-(
Post 3 IP   flag post
AAS private msg quote post Address this user
Thats the deal they gave me. It really is a good deal.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JimmyTee private msg quote post Address this user
Forgive my impudence, but:

1) This is an offer purely for U.S.-only based estate agents. As you appear to be a South-African based pilot / sea captain (?) you're not the target market; it's not like you just missed out on this offer due to ill timing.

2) Speaking from a U.K perspective, credit cards offering 36 months+ interest-free purchases are freely available. And have been before this offer.

3) What is the value of your early adoption / first mover advantage? I'd say it is enormous. Certainly more valuable than any interest you may have accrued by being able to purchase the camera over a 15 month period rather than upfront.

I'd take purchasing six months previous than purchasing now, even taking advantage of the advertised terms.

Get out there and get scanning!
Post 5 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I got a Chase Slate 0% credit card for this purpose.
Post 6 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
It isn't what it seems to be. You have to be a broker with several people under you. I cannot remember the exact number but I think it was like 25-30. You do not get the $600 off that is being advertising at the moment. As JimmyTee and HarlanHambright said get a 0% credit card and it usually is longer than 15 months.
Post 7 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
I would say they are cleaning up inventory as fast as they can.

Either it is because they are in a rush for money (but 0% financing and 299/month installments do not seem to be the solution for a cash strapped company)

Or they are about to release a new model and hence all the guys jumping into this deal will end up with an old camera in short time.

If we consider what Dan said about the shopping page down this Oct 31st...it makes me suspicious.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@JimmyTee, I am out there and trying to make a living...

Yes, its for the USA market, but it seems that they are more worried about selling cameras than supporting those who already owns cameras.

It does have value being first in the market here, but also takes money to market this "new" technology and getting clients interested in this. And I have to repay the bank loan + interest each month :-).

If you have a 1000 people and 10 cameras then there will be a demand, when you have 1000 people and each one have a camera then there will be no demand and market will be saturated. What will happen in the future if the market gets saturated in the USA and matterport decides to do something else? then those with the cameras will have an expensive paperweight.

Look what happened with Blackberry...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
We also own brokerages. I was told you have to have 100+ agents! Well, if I had 100+ agents I wouldn't "need" (or acre about) financing.

I pointed out that we shoot over 100 properties/month with our photo biz, the guy apologetically shrugged. This deal only applies to brokers "at the present time".

lol.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I guess it depends on who you talk to at matterport. I own a business but i am not a broker i had to show them my business license and proof of income. I was able to recieve the financing. It was a no Brainer one property a month pays for camera.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
You know as I read down the page I saw something I don't think I noticed before. It says you will be charged for two models after 100 scans! I always though it was 200 scans? Anyone else have any comment on this?

Post 12 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@AAS What does the fine print say? Is it a lease? What is the buyout if you pay off early?

So this is a great marketing opportunity.

Those that go this route have less upfront costs but they need to manage hiring someone, the learning curve to get the scans to look as good as yours and then how to market it.

Many here have said that the brokers end up frustrated because its like starting another business with hiring, teaching, integrating it within their company, watching the billing, dealing with agents, technician issues, etc.

What they don't get is the craftsmanship (craftswomanship?) you all have from being a WGA member.

They won't get the marketing power you have if you have membership here and all the tools that comes with.

They will experience the "so easy" marketing and realize its like having another business and its not so easy.

They will have a technician and they will have to run the business. You take that all off of their hands AND have them marketed in ways they can't comprehend how to incorporate that into it all.

So....this is a great thing. As soon as they finance it they join matterport facebook page right?

You run facebook ads local to your market offering $99 (insert reasonable price) matterport setup where you help them figure out how to hire, setup, insurance needs, etc. so they can start doing scans. (wait for it...keep seated)

Then as you help them realize that their good for nothing step relative wont be able to do it and that there it will cost more money to hire someone monthly the start seeing you might be the answer. But lets say you get them to where they can start scanning.

You follow up with them (which now you have the back door access you didn't have before) and they see their marketing and how you are doing better. Lets say they have 4 scans and they need them now....they reach out to you to do their overflow. But you deliver a scan but listing website, floorplans, video, etc. They slowly see that you have been there and do a better job.

This is just part of this latest news that has me excited for you. Unless my redbull and doritos binge I just had has my brain fuzzy I see this as a great advantage for all.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@glenntremain its not a lease. I own the unit. I also could pay it off early since its 0 percent they dont make any more money on the 4500 price. Exept its 15 months so they no they got me locked in for 15 months of hosting at 50 bucks. So i have to come up with a minimum of 350 a month. For me this was great because it was an add on service. My other businesses cater to real estate agents so its an easy upsell. Most of the brokers ive talked to that bought a camera hate it. They much rather pay me to do them. They didnt realize there was much more then owning a camera involved. Im happy with purchase.
Post 14 IP   flag post
JimmyTee private msg quote post Address this user
@jc3dcx In the words of Zig Ziglar's mother when he asked her why she had so many children, "Well, son, where do YOU think I should have stopped?"

Did you hope that Matterport would pull up the drawbridge right after you'd purchased? I bet you'd have been awfully angry if they'd pulled it up the week before you'd bought.

It is what it is. That the price of tech goes down just after you've purchased is an immutable law of the universe. If you tried to guard against it, you'd be living in a cave.

In this instance, the cost of being the first in the market (and by months) has cost $800 dollars. Surely a price worth paying?
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
All you can do is the best of your ability and provide added value. As @GlennTremain says, teach them how to use it at a price and eventually all the extra headaches will get to them and they will find it easier for them to use you. And you got your foot in the door.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@frstbubble I think this is one of those things where you never noticed it, but we all did. I have two open containers of ketchup in my refrigerator from when I made tuna salad sandwiches for my preschooler the other day. Same exact reason.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC3DCX

clickable text

I saw this now on the matterport site, wish we could have qualified for this deal... :-(

So a realtor can pay his camera on a monthly basis, and deduct that cost against tax returns?

I financed my camera with Bank of America on a credit card. It's the same thing, except I got 3% back on my purchase. I technically got $115 off of mine.

--

But I get it, it's $4,485 now when financed and you save $50/mo for 15 months while financing it, which is a $750 discount bringing the camera down to $3735. That's cheaper than $3900.

Now, I have to say - if I'd waited, it would have cost me tens of thousands of dollars as I've been scanning for a year and working very hard to supplement my income with my Matterport Camera. So even if Matterport Cameras go down to $2,000, I'm not going to be upset. There's always a price to pay to get in on something early.
Post 18 IP   flag post
VRealExperience private msg quote post Address this user
Meh, no hard feelings. I am more upset about the TnCs being displayed.

This is going to happen, and we need to adjust. Many above said it well enough.

I will say, still being in very early startup mode, all these developments that I am now tuned into keep me highly motivated to keep things moving along for a seamless go to market.
Post 19 IP   flag post
101587 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?