Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Virtual Reality

"Stereophonic" in Matterport VR2997

Cabrahams private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

I had posted this on the Matterport Forum earlier but haven't heard back so thought I would share the question here.

"I have come across a few models in the Matterport Gallery that include "Sterophonic" beneath the automatic transitions (or whatever it's listed as), notification. How does one get that applied to a model? Those models w Stereophonic are so much better and truly give the user a VR experience. No blacking out between circles, etc."

For those of you using the VR app, go into the Matterport Gallery then either in the restaurant, dining section - Look at 612 Brewcraft Brewery or in the "Artsy" section - Look at the Juarez Filho Art Exhibit model.

Any idea how this feature was added on?

Thanks in advance.

Charlie
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Charlie

The better transitions that you mention come with the paid (and unjustifiably very expensive) Advanced VR service provided by Matterport.

The last time I asked the price started at $250 plus $0.15/square foot. For example, if you have a 1000 square foot space to convert, it's $250 + $150 = $400.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
MP2VR
Post 3 IP   flag post
Great thanks for the quick response.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBasting
https://www.mp2vr.com/
With all due respect, this isn't addressing my question but rather simply plugging your website. I have ordered a couple of models from mp2vr and they are like the regular Matterport models in the Matterport VR Gallery and not like my question was asking w the enhanced real feel of the "stereophonic" add-on (in my opinion).
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Cabrahams

For clarification, Matterport offers two versions of Virtual Reality (VR) conversion:

1. Matterport CoreVR
2. Matterport Stereoscopic

Plus ...

3. A third-party solutions provider, MP2VR, offers Matterport to VR conversion.

I see that you included two great examples of Matterport Spaces in Stereoscopic VR. To see examples of all three, please see this We Get Around Forum discussion:

Examples: MP CoreVR & Stereoscopic and MP2VR

Matterport CoreVR conversion is free until 12/31/16 for all Matterport Spaces scanned and is instantly available. (Why you might want to turn this off. I will add this link shortly).

Matterport Stereoscopic conversion cost $$$$$ and may take 2-3 weeks for the conversion to be completed.

If you want Matterport to convert a model to Stereoscopic, you need to do a great job (over) scanning the space. Please see this We Get Around Blog Post by the Matterport VR Team:

Matterport Photographers: 4 Rules for Preparing Models for Virtual Reality (VR)

For developers, Matterport is advertising that its SDK is coming soon (sign-up here).

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
@Cabrahams I believe your question is already answeared, but reinforcing, this model you talked about Juarez Filho Art Exhibit was converted by Matterport (it was done via the manual costly process). They approached me months ago asking to include it in the VR gallery and convert it for free. Was glad to accept.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101438 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?