Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
Many, if not most, go it alone on larger shoots. For us it takes more time and effort to shoot a one 12,000sf property than it does two 6,000sf properties. When shooting properties this size we prefer to involve two people. Not only for double checking each other's work but one can prep a space ahead of time and close a space afterwards (lights curtains etc.)
And post production can increase time of delivery by a week or more.
Worth noting as well, and mentioned many times here in the forum, Matterport does not support shoots with more than 200 scans. We've found with the larger models two near identical copies will tend to process differently. You tweak a mark on one side of the property only to find something changed on opposite side of model. Each processing stage would take from 8 hrs to 18 hrs - one copy even got stuck during the processing which we deleted after 48hrs wait.
12,778 sq. ft, Custom Luxury Home
Post 1 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned a 4500 square meter (48,000sq foot!) Retail space in the past month. A lot of hours to scan, as I could only do when the shop was closed. I saved on the iPad as one scan. Then duplicated several times, and edited. One tour is 256 points and is walk through the whole shop. Then I have 5 other department scans. Each about 200-250 scans. Then via the Metatags I linked them together. Slow to process in the Matterport Cloud. However it worked. All one level. One thing is that that the CPU and RAM of the computer to process the Workshop side needs to be high spec, as it took a lot of resources.
The Client liked Matterport system as they are at this stage wishing to have the information as a private site, rather than the public Google view.
Post 2 IP   flag post
iGuide CIO
and Co-Founder
Kitchener CAN
Kevin_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning gentlemen. Last week an iGuide Operator shot a 174,000 SF section of a 480,0000 SF building.
Have a look:
https://youriguide.com/137_glasgow_street_kitchener_on

Post 3 IP   flag post
101425 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?