Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Industry

Related Companies, Products and Services29

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Mantis VisionMantis Vision MV4D and CNET article about Mantis Vision unveiling its table for creating 3D content
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting, things are heating up in this space with many more solutions coming on line in the coming months thanks to Google and Qualcomm.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Vimeo – (19 September 2014) Introducing Floored

I like the menu to jump to the space you would like to see next. How about you?
Post 3 IP   flag post
This is a great concept.

I agree if Matterport could in build into their viewer a menu structure and we could generate the menu and tag the appropriate locations that would be a great asset for us and our customers.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
NetNewsCheck (29 September 2014) – Get Ready for Glass [and Matterport]
Post 5 IP   flag post
fabien private msg quote post Address this user
I've been to a live demonstration of the Faro Focus 3D X product. It's a laser based hardware combined with a camera. A sweep takes around 1.5minutes. The accuracy is 0.79 inches at 32feet ! It's more dedicated to industry and construction. You can take a look at their webshare environment :

http://demo.websharecloud.com/

Price is around 45K$ so you have to take care of your business model.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Sketchfab (14 October 2104) – 30 Tools to Make a 3D Scan [including Matterport]
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan, this is very informative and gives us all a better understanding of who all are presently in this space.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Bryn private msg quote post Address this user
Faro did a demo at my house. Very cool tech. Lecia has similar. The hardware is only part of the investment though. Software will cost you thousands as well. It is really pro level stuff. Scan Lab in the UK has some awesome stuff they have done with it.

http://scanlabprojects.co.uk/
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had looked at Faro as well but the cost was out of this world.

The ScanLab's site is very cool, it's got the most cutting edge demos I've ever seen. They've got to have some great talent to produce some of their demos.
Post 10 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
I use a faro at my main job and the new one is a great machine. However, initial costs are high and unless you need to have scans that are within 2mm and you enjoy paying $2000 a year for maintenance....

If the matterport was acceptable in court, I would be trying to get one of those to use there.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Inman News (17 October 2014) – Latest 3-D Tech Triggers Vertigo
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
TrendHunter.com (17 October 2014) – The Zeiss VR One Headset is Powered by Your Smartphone
Post 13 IP   flag post
Google joins the VR war, invests in light field 'cinematic reality' company Magic Leap

13:10, October 21: This morning, Magic Leap confirmed that it has completed a $542 million second round of funding that was led by Google. Qualcomm and Legendary Pictures (the film company) also joined the investment round. This puts Magic Leap, which we still know almost nothing about, at a valuation well north of $1 billion. The story is below.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/191909-google-joins-the-vr-war-invests-in-light-field-cinematic-reality-company-magic-leap
Post 14 IP   flag post
The 3D news keeps coming fast and furious, this time it's from HP

HP to unveil 3D-scanning PC next week

http://recode.net/2014/10/21/hp-will-unveil-new-computing-product-called-sprout-next-week/
Post 15 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Dan
Is Sketchfab and Matterport all the same company, webpages look the same?

Ron
Post 16 IP   flag post
I looked at Sketchfab and it appears to focus on 3D models. I'm not sure if it could be use to produced virtual tours like the Matterport engine.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The Next Web (22 October 2014) - The coming wave of 3D mobile cameras get a boost from Metaio’s new SDK

Post 18 IP   flag post
Very cool, and if the video is correct, fully immersive 3D with live motion instead of static that would be something.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The Guardian (24 October 2014) – Travel Industry Switches on to Virtual Reality
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WIRED (11 September 2113) – Computational Imaging: The Next Mobile Battlefield
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Inman News (27 October 2014) – The 3D Virtual Tour That's Catching on in Canada
Post 22 IP   flag post
Bryn private msg quote post Address this user
The residential real estate stuff is so price sensitive. Matterport is better but how much $$$ better? This will surely put downward pressure on prices if US expansion is widespread. It is pretty cool and cheap. Man alive. I thought our prices were low. 26 cylindrical pannos maybe on a motorized head? Measurements done with a disto and manually drawn floor plan with their software interface? Anybody want to take a shot at reverse engineering this?
Post 23 IP   flag post
A similar system is already being used by Realtor's in the States. I can't remember where I came across it but it was before Matterport was launched. The pano's are nothing new, I do this now for Google except Google uses their own stitching software which I connect each pano to generate a true immersive tour.

You just need an wide angle lens with a decent DSLR camera and a pano mount and your in business. The standard 360 pano stitching software is freely available which any camera can use. In fact most of use have this software embedded in our smartphones to do basic pano's.

iGuide are not even using a 8mm lens for their pamo's which is an industry standard. Instead it appears to more of a 15mm so you can't even get a full top to bottom view of the property. There only real trick is the floor selection. This is really a poor man's version of a property tour. If a client was to consider iGuide's solution over ours then they're not a real customer anyway.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Gary
Your right on the money, RTV systems has a similar system in the US, panos with presentation and supposedly a 2D diagram that allows interaction. I found the advertised pano's with detailed photos are great but the software they use for 2D diagrams did not do very will, lots of good ideas but not much as a whole package. I could not find any system information on iGuide or what they are using, did you get any detailed info. I use a Nodal Ninja with a 17mm on a NIKON system and get great panos. But it is time consuming to stitch together HDR's and have not found a good software to stitch the panos together. Any info you have would be great always looking for back up options.

Ron
Post 25 IP   flag post
Ron
It would appear that they have written the web based application scratch. It's a very cheap and cheerful way of presenting a property but in many cases iGuide will meet a potential customers needs. There is no question that it's a fast solution where you can be in and out of a property very fast as there is no concern on filing any black holes. It's just a case of taking sweeps of each room which should take no time at all.

Most likely they're using the same Kinect camera assembly which Matterport uses, except most likely just on unit. I would like to know what the asking price is for their setup and how much time is needed to produce the final product.

In regards to pano captures I use the 360Precision Panoramic Tripod Head which I've found to be the best for pano's as it doesn't block the focus ring like the Ninja does and is a breeze to setup. I shoot with a Canon using a Sigma 8mm lens. For stitching and tying the the pano's together I use the Google Pano editor which is a little cumbersome and time consuming to use and can only be used for Google shoots. I hope this is helpful.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Gary
I asked for a price for the unit, they would not give me the overall price but inferred it would be similar to Matterport. Also stated they were not ready to mass produce the unit just yet, I asked to be updated when they are. I will let you know. They did say the final produce was faster then Matterport.

Ron
Post 27 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I could take one scan for each room and get out in under an hour if that's all I was offering. $200? Maybe for them to host it.....
Post 28 IP   flag post
Check out Surefield as they have a cross between iGuide and Matterport and it works quite well. With all of these competitors coming online Matterport will have to step up their game.
Post 29 IP   flag post
fabien private msg quote post Address this user
I've questions regarding all those competitors. How they obtain the floorplan ? I can't imagine that image processing could deliver a 2D floor plan only by using the 3D information from the camera. If you need to manage the floorplan with your customers or create it by yourself then how long that it takes ?
Post 30 IP   flag post
101429 261 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?