Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WGAN
Basic
Brainerd, MN
Distinctive360 private msg quote post Address this user
Everyone - on my most recent tour I experienced a different kind of problem - at the end of moving thru a long hallway my scans started showing up at the other end of the hallway where I had originally started - it wouldn't place them where the camera had scanned. I ended up starting over and got thru it but thought has anyone experience this type of thing?

thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
Ohhhhhhhh yes!!!!

On my very first trial scan! I live in an apartment building. I scanned the shared entryway - which is two floors, so I got to learn to scan stairs as well.

As I scanned, I saw that the alignment appeared on the wrong end on the corridor. I surmised the problem was the symmetry of the space. (This was confirmed later in an email conversation with Matterport Tech support.) This is one of the reasons that I decided to NOT move the camera as soon as the iPad says it's okay to move.

I found the solution was to look for non-symmetries and scan at closer intervals. Fire extinguishers, light switches or "jags" in the wall can be used.

You can make your own non-symmetries by placing "something" in the corridor that is not normally there... Maybe a newspaper at a doorway, or a "package".

Patience and creativity will help you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Brainerd, MN
Distinctive360 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank-you! I will use use your suggestions!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my very first test scan. It had alignment issues. I was scanning near one staircase on the first floor when I noticed it aligned with the other one. I made additional scans near the first staircase and also made certain I could see the mail boxes as "unique features". Then, I re-scanned and it aligned.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=mpSdwi5LW2d
Post 4 IP   flag post
101421 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?