Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Help Wanted

Scanning a vehicle - Tripod Suggestions?2844

JamieK private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all!

We did a quick test using the MP in a car https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=K7C9vRkb5FJ

I think we need a smaller tripod so we can move it back slightly and get it properly level in line with the steering.

We had some alignment issues with having to move seats etc because of the side of our tripod.

Does anyone have any suggestions if they've scanned a vehicle before?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
The main issue I have with scanning vehicles is that you get the misalignment in the spheres when the camera is too close to any object.

Also I´d say it´s better to scan it in a location where you can get the outside as well.

Plan in advance and check your tripod placements to make sure it fits (Place a wooden board over the seat for two legs) open a window and adjust tripod height to capture the inside without needing to scan with the door open.

The car industry is hard to crack though, scanning a luxury vehicle could be feasible, but we´ve had little luck in our efforts there.

Here´s a Facel Vega we did a while back.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys, Is there any reason why the steering wheel when you are in the driver's seat looking so bad?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Hi , @Noel you need to scan at least 50 cm away from objects that why it sometimes look like the steering wheel is doubled. No way around it unfortunately.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101421 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?