Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceHelp WantedSell

Are trade shows worth it??2826

Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
We are considering attending a few trade shows in the near future. One of which is hospitality driven and will have many of the marketing and buying teams from the top hotels in our area. Has anyone out there had successful sales from trade shows?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
As an exhibitor or as a visitor ?

If you´re thinking about the Luxury travel fair at Olympia, I was there last year. And I got exactly nothing out of it. I´ve also been to a number of other trade shows, cars, property etc. If you´re a visitor, you need to remember that the exhibitors are there to sell, so if you approach them and try to sell to them instead it´s usually not highly appreciated. So if you´re attending you should do so as an exhibitor.

Now, you can´t measure brand awareness though, so is it worth it? Definitely, maybe? haha.

If you´re able to get to them before the tradeshow though, you´d probably have more luck getting them signed up and using a VR headset as part of their stand. There was an American cruise travel company last year that had an Occulus tethered to a laptop and showed a 360 video tour of one of their ships. They had a good number of people try it.

All in all, I´m not spending a lot of time on trade shows now, unless something´s interesting for me personally, like cars and yachts (and free drinks).
Post 2 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

Its it a conference of up to 600 delegates and decision makers from local hotels in Northern Ireland

We have just completed a scan of the top Spa in Northern Ireland which is immense and will be a great showcase

We are exhibitors at the event.

Any advice on the best VR Wear to use at the event? We aren't yet up to speed with this yet

We plan a similar setup to yours in the picture in another thread, with a MAC screen with video loop, ipad on security stand and VR Wear

Thanks

Mark
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
I think Dan has a post on tradeshow setups, but I´d recommend the Gear VR + Samsung phone to go with it. 1 is enough, 2 is impressive.

Here´s my summary - get one of the iPad kiosks so you don´t have to keep track of your iPad. Keep the iPad and Gear VR tethered so they don´t run out of battery.

The biggest drawback with having the VR stuff on a tradeshow is that people will think they can distribute their VR model mass market, and to really isn´t ready for that with a native app and android only support.

Best of luck!

Post 4 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk Hi There!
We have done a few trade shows and to be really honest have had little come from them. We spent a massive amount of money to be involved with a particular Real Estate company with minimal work from it. Our stand was pretty successful - we had a large touch screen which enabled people to be in direct contact with the 3D model, floorplan and walk through tour and once they had a play with that we put a VR headset on them and let them experience a property that way. The VR was a massive crowd puller and pleaser!
Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?