Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBuyNewbies

Investor needs hard numbers2807

3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I have a friend who thinks the Matterport tours are amazing and he wants to help me get started by investing in my business. He needs to see some numbers. I can give him the cost of the camera, service plans, etc. I need help with other costs, such as insurance and anything else I would need.
I can't seem to find much on the forum other than Dan's Matterport Gear and Accessories list and a thread about insurance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dustin
Post 1 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Bellow is the base for a financial plan with all you need.

Update prices to your local reality, these are mine, converted to dollars.

Initial Investment
- Corporate Identity - $200
- Website Design - $200
- Opening a company - $300
---> $700

Pack of Investment (will double, triple, 4x.. uniformily as you scale)
- Tripod - $150
- iPad - $799
- MP Pro Camera - $4500
- Other Acessories - $300
- GearVR + S6 - $650
- Taxes + shipping on the above - 8% + $200
- Insurance - $400
- Vehicle - $5.000
---> $12.500

Fix costs
- Website hosting - $15
- MP Hosting (50USD - 100 models / 100USD - 200 models and so on)
- Marketing (social networks, google, scanning try-outs, freebies) - $100
- Prospecting and Salles costs - $200
- Sallaries
---> $315 + MP Hosting ? + Sallaries ?

Variable Costs
- Person to scan with meal
- Driving/parking - $5
- 19USD until 100 sweeps (70%) / 38USD +100 sweeps (30%)
---> $55 or $75 ?

Pricing
- How much do you charge per square feet (table)
- How many spaces can you sell to scan a month
- What percentage of spaces fall into each line of this table
- Multiply each row to get estimate monthly income

=======

You will end up probably with an absolutely not scalable business, the Pack of Investment is hugely expensive compared to Income.

Remember you probably can't scan to a reasonable price more tahn 80 spaces per month... when you get to this you need another "pack of investment"

So, or you go to get all scanning in your region, or it's a 1 man business.. you're an independent photographer.

For me MP Pro Camera is just a step, while other cheaper technology isn't available yet.
Post 2 IP   flag post
VRPM private msg quote post Address this user
It's these numbers that bug me - it's tricky to scale beyond a one man business. The idea that you have to pay for ongoing hosting will not work for a lot of clients as they want 'to keep' their walkthrough, particularly if it's a commercial or leisure space.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
VRPM wrote: "The idea that you have to pay for ongoing hosting will not work for a lot of clients as they want 'to keep' their walkthrough, particularly if it's a commercial or leisure space."

Don't underestimate the business savvy of your customers. They know what it costs to do business and are willing to pay reasonable fees.

If you explain the cost of on-going model hosting up-front, the customer will understand and - most probably - accept it as an ongoing expense just as their web presence with its domain renewal fees, web hosting costs and other web-related expenses.

Include some amount of model hosting in the original fees and then bill them on a semi-annual or annual basis. They will understand.

Here's how I handle the quote and invoicing: (I am going to make up my numbers.)

3DTour Scanning and model preparation (x SF property): $x00.00
Model Hosting (6 months): $z0.00
Discount - Model hosting included in base fee for 6 months: -$z0.00
Total Dues: $x00.00

This shows them the value of the model hosting and also shows it is included in the base costs.

As an added bonus, if your locality requires sales tax on certain items, you can show them separately and the sales tax for ONLY those items. We have chosen to use the inclusive model for sales tax, where we "pay" the tax out of the gross revenues rather than adding it to the gross sales. It's an easy matter to calculate it and makes the numbers on the check nice and round. (Oh, don't worry - we have already made sure the cost for taxes are REALLY covered.)
Post 4 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, I forgot to add taxes on all your income @DustinRobinson =]
Post 5 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I want to thank you all for the advice.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?