Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Homebuilders using Matterport?2788

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If you have a homebuilder as a client, what is the top reason why the homebuilder decided to use Matterport Spaces 3D tours?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
My homebuilder clients have been using it to build a portfolio of their floor plans they offer. Their clients can walk through the home and see the layout of the floor plans.

A great value added option would be to change the features inside the home. If we could change cabinet colors, wall colors or change the type of countertops then I think the home builders would be all over the technology!

I know we are not there yet but one can wish.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GoneCoastalSC private msg quote post Address this user
My client, [redacted] in Myrtle Beach, has me scanning their model homes before selling them or closing out a development.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
I work for a home builder in FL. Spec homes, models, amenities. It's a no brainier as a lot of buyers are out of state. Shooting my first homes next week
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
Builders use them for their portfolio, but i also found a nice niche market as well....In our area there is an Association of Builders similar to a board of realtors etc. Each year they conduct a huge awards ceremony similar to the Oscars. In years past builders would submit homes to be considered for several different categories and the judges had to physically travel and view each entry. Very time consuming. This has eliminated that need and now the entry requires a tour to be considered. Judges get in a room for 8hrs, view every home together on a large screen projector and make their decisions.

I worked out a volume discount plan for the association, became a member, and now market to them for the awards as well as their portfolios.
Post 5 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
@ immersiveprop wrote ..
A great value added option would be to change the features inside the home. If we could change cabinet colors, wall colors or change the type of countertops then I think the home builders would be all over the technology!
---

This isn't Matterport but it's related and impressive and shows what you just described happening. Lowes has been working on a "remodel this space" app for quote a while. Apparently that app is now ready to show because Microsoft's CEO unveiled it in a presentation.

Here we see a Lowes kitchen and a lady changing the way it looks using Hololens gestures.

The lady can do all kinds of instant remodeling -- adding back splash, changing colors, altering textures, switching cabinets, etc. She even makes an island materialize in the kitchen and drags the island up and down to adjust it's height. Hololens records all changes she makes so later, she can review them all. I guess in real life, the goal would be to get customers to call Lowes and have them make the kitchen the customer decided on.

Maybe Hololens technology might integrate with Matterport one day if Matterport ever supports Windows 10. There's a pretty big home remodeling market out there as well as homebuilders who might love the ability to visualize different home modifications in a VR or MR world.

Here's a link to the Microsoft Lowes demo. It's a bit long but I positioned the playback head where we see the people remodeling the kitchen using the Hololens. The people are so far away from the kitchen that they may be able to see a lot or most of it through the Hololens.

Here's what the "kitchen" actually looks like in reality. It's nothing more than black appliances against a plain wall that doesn't even have a window.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
A few of mine like to show the quality of the build before the drywall goes on. They charge more than the usual builder and it's their way of justifying it.
Others use it to show the location of the utility lines
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I work with a homebuilder and do a lot of scans for them. We use it for sales though, not with construction. They adore it as it really makes an impact on online shoppers and has increased their sales office traffic and sales.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering, I've been looing into this 90% of the builders around me already have MP tours. But the few that don't I was thinking about contacting. My question is how do you do licensing? I currently base licensing on asking price for the property for one year. With builders, you do the model scans and are done so there is very little repeat business with the builder. So with licensing, you generate recurring income. So do you base it on an estimated development size if so then it would be cheaper for the builder to just get a camera and do it for themselves.

So my question is how do you get a recurring revenue stream from this?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
They seemed to be getting confused with up sells from the guy blanketing the country with this ad.

BDX ads.

So they looked up the local guy who's scans that don't look tattered.
Post 10 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
For marketing/selling purpose, scanned by the very-end of construction process.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@immersiveprop
@GoneCoastalSC
@EricThomas
@Jamie
@Metroplex360
@frstbubble
@VTLV
@franmts

Thank you for your help on this topic.

I wrote a We Get Around blog post - with your input above.

If you like, you can use the same blog post on your blog AND you can change the byline to you. All I ask is that you change the Matterport Space example to your Matterport Space.

Homebuilders Use Matterport Spaces 3D Tours for 24/7 Open House for Out-of-Town Buyers

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101429 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?