Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
SamsungVirtual Reality

Matterport VR Showcase Beta with Gear VR265

Rentertainment private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Just about to email off my first VR model, please can you confirm if the email address to send the request is vr@matterport.com and provide my device ID and a model under 50 scans? do I need to provide any other details?
Post 51 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Rentertainment

Before you send off to vr@matterport.com, please read these two We Get Around blog posts:

Matterport Photographers: How to Optimize Your 3D Tours for Gear VR by Forum member Tim @TicketyView

Matterport Photographers: Gear VR + Note 4 – 16 Step Setup Check List by me

When we submitted our tour, we were asked to deactivate scans until the model had 50 or fewer scans active.

If your tour is selected for the Matterport VR Showcase Beta, then you will receive emails/paperwork regarding "next steps" ...

Thanks for asking,

Dan
Post 52 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I did another demonstration today at NAR Tech Edge in Minneapolis, MN. It was very well received, the Gear VR is always a crowd favorite. If any one has a local real estate or tech conference and would like me to come speak about digital showings/VR please contact me to make arrangements.

I have many great images of people trying it out.

Quick thank you to @DanSmigrod for volunteering his scan of condo in Atlanta for demonstration purposes. It turned out much better than the model that Matterport had created for me.

I'm anxious for the cost to come down and for people to be able to share their models in a public VR environment. It will be great for additional exposure of everyone's models
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DoyleRealtor and @Tim

Tips about doing a Matterport VR Showcase Beta demo for a group?

I have a demo scheduled with 20 executives this Tuesday morning.

Do you use Chromecast or just have volunteers describe the experience or both? My two-dozen demos so far have been one on one....

Thanks,

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
Both, it depends on the size of the audience and technology available. Sometimes it is more fun to have a volunteer describe what they're seeing, especially if it isn't your typical "techy" person.

The demonstrations are a crowd favorite that people will be talking about for weeks afterwards.
Post 55 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DoyleRealtor I decided NOT to simulcast the Matterport VR Showcase Beta experience because volunteer audience members describing their experience is way better.

I record nearly all of our Matterport VR Showcase Beta demos.

I edited a highlights video:

Post 56 IP   flag post
looks good!
Post 57 IP   flag post
has anyone downloaded the v1.5 of MP showcase, I downloaded it and now it only gets into my current APK file that is loaded in and not the app thats in the Oculus store?
Post 58 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Before you buy a Matterport VR Showcase Beta, these two We Get Around blog posts are "required reading."

Matterport Photographers: How to Optimize Your 3D Tours for Gear VR
Matterport Photographers: Gear VR + Note 4 – 16 Step Setup Check List

Then, buy using the We Get Around Matterport VR Showcase Beta gear and accessories Amazon shopping list so you get EXACTLY the right Note 4 and Gear VR for the Beta version.

Dan
Post 59 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone got the latest pricing for model conversions to VR from Matterport?

With the last update is it easy to switch between multiple models on one headset? My clients wants 21 models.
Post 60 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
$500 as of 7.30.15 from Keith Shafer. 21 models wow!
Post 61 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
@alx3D tnx.. $500 damm.. thats gonna cut into any profit I could make. Thought they were going to drop their prices. It amazes me how slooooooow companies with million dollar funding are with their development.
Post 62 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
"As we add more automation to the system, we expect this price to drop significantly. However, we do not have an exact time frame for this price drop just yet." -Part of that same email

Yeah it is still super pricey. Maybe you can get a volume discount.
Post 63 IP   flag post
They're expecting it to go from $500 to closer to $50 once they're able to automate a portion of the process that is currently done manually.

the new content I've seen is really cool, though I think Dan's model has been the best I've seen so far for demonstrations. The models I want to do are all multi-floor and I'm told they're not good candidates.

I'm actually writing an article for inman news right now about matterport experiences on Gear VR however I've been so busy I just haven't gotten around to finishing it up quite yet.
Post 64 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DoyleRealtor

Thank you for your (very) kind words...

In addition to our $2+ million luxury property VR, we also have a set of a major cable TV channel on a sound-stage in Atlanta. Plus, later this month, we will have a Matterport VR Showcase of a $3,500 per night two-story Penthouse (with three large, outdoor patios) in a hotel that overlooks Central Park in NYC.

When we Capture with the Matterport Pro 3D Camera, we always think about capturing a walking path for VR too.

Yes. Yikes. $500 each.

Dan
Post 65 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Photographers: 4 Rules for Preparing Models for Virtual Reality (VR)
Post 66 IP   flag post
Great write up, I really should finish up my VR article for Inman News one of these days.
Post 67 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Our We Ge Around blog post:

Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers Prep for Virtual Reality (VR)

best,

Dan
Post 68 IP   flag post
101437 68 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?