Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Last chance to see The Howner Workshop2644

bonduell private msg quote post Address this user
Dear We Get Around Referral Network Members!

As you know Matterport made us block Google Street View service, and it will be block next monday.
Now service works and you can try this unique feature last time.

Thank you for using Howner services.
Any questions please pm. or by email.

https://howner.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@bonduell Terrible it was blocked!!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
"
Hello Alexander,

I work at Matterport, and after a long discussion with the executives here, we have confirmed that Howner’s “Matterport Spaces 2 Google Street View” conversion process does violate our Terms of Service and we cannot make an exception here.

To be clear, here is key section in our Terms of Service:
Section 7.1.2: “You may not: (a) host any digital copy of Showcase Imagery or take other measures to make Showcase Imagery available to users directly from Your servers or any third-party servers provided on Your behalf; or (b) download any digital copy of Showcase Imagery to a local computer and redistribute such digital copy (or any modified version of such digital copy or other derivative work) for any purpose.”
We know you have invested time and effort into this, so this is not the news you wanted to hear. We do wish to foster a rich third-party environment and believe you could be a great contributor. We are aware that some have expressed confusion over our Terms of Service -- we may improve and clarify them in the future. If there is any question in your mind, you can always reach out to us to ask for clarification at beta@matterport.com, before you invest significant time in project in the future.

So we are asking you to please remove the service. Can you do this within 48 hours?

Thank you,

-Scott
Post 3 IP   flag post
Matterport team still think that they are owners of photography.
Post 4 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
Does this affect MP2VR service ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I don't know, but I have to say something.
From now ALL models what were scanned since last week are viewable in VR. Matterport has done it.
BTW, Matterport model no need any conversion for VR. Never. Panos you can see in pano2VR and many other services.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I like how in the last line they say "you can always reach out to us to ask for clarification at beta@matterport.com, before you invest significant time in project in the future." I think we have done this several times over the last couple of years. We ask and get little feedback, never an open dialog. I understand all the legal easy which is nice but open up to supporter and users, don't shut use out, then make it look like they would listen. WE give input and again I am so frustrated we just get little back other than thank you and we will consider it. I just don't see it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 beta@matterport.com goes to their customer advocate, Scott, who is given the dirty work of writing letters like this to Alexander Bonduell and myself. He's actually rather responsive and despite being stuck between a rock and a hard place with situations like this, I believe him to be a great guy to work with.

@bonduell I sincerely hope you are able to make a proof of concept for us to see
Post 8 IP   flag post
@metroplex360
I've sent message to Matterport team about 5 products what could be developed for Matterport community ) I hope they could hear us. We will see.
If they will approve at least one of them.. it will be amazing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@bonduell I would suggest making tech videos on youtube of your services. I think it might be cool if we have a matterport ideas website in the future that basically showcases what the talent can do with Matterport as our way of politely advocating that the platform is opened up.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@metroplex360
I think all my ideas are on the top.
For example - VR player for Matterport Spaces without conversion. It no need, as you know. But there is no money )) It is not a Matterport way.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Chris private msg quote post Address this user
Matterports ability to listen to its users and provide new features QUICKLY is unbelievably slow.

While I like their product they seem unwilling to let people like yourselves increase its capability. I believe this would actually increase their highly protected profit margin due to the fact we would have an increased ability to sell models to larger audience with all the cool extras I've seen.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
There is no such thing as a global copyright law, each country inforces their own laws albeit some treaties exist. (I´ve worked in an international photography company).

In the case of the raw media from Matterport, the images are still pixelmaps and not a proprietary system. They haven´t developed their own bitmaps, which is what most of the third party solutions rely on (even PNG´s for floorplan tools.)

I don´t have the resources to challenge this, but I feel strongly that the paragraph referred to could be challenged both locally and internationally

"Section 7.1.2: “You may not: (a) host any digital copy of Showcase Imagery or take other measures to make Showcase Imagery available to users directly from Your servers or any third-party servers provided on Your behalf; or (b) download any digital copy of Showcase Imagery to a local computer and redistribute such digital copy (or any modified version of such digital copy or other derivative work) for any purpose."

In other words, this would actually prevent us from downloading the screenshots and OBJ´s (Digital copy of showcase imagery), which are both being provided in a download link by Matterport. If challenged, I`d say that they are being self-contradicting in allowing to download screenshots captured, but not to download other bitmap media. (If you wanted to, you could download a bunch of screenshots and combine them into a 360. Not very efficient, but they can´t stop you from manipulating imagery downloaded by the link they provide).

The situation that has escalated over the last days will not be benificial for anyone involved, and legally challenging our techonology provider is probably not a good idea. I´d rather see MP spend time on development of functionality than legal disputes. However, I do feel increasingly more fu**ed over.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#106
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@3DscannUK I was just wondering about the copyright laws. We own information we capture so that part of the agreement would seem to be in violation of U.S. copyright laws? I'm not versed on the copyright laws but I do believe the content we create is ours.

It would be like Canon saying we can use their camera but they own the pictures.

Just my thoughts correct me if I am wrong.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 TL;DR

@frstbubble I don´t know how this fits into US copyright law, but out of all the forum users, surely someone knows an attorney that could shed some light on this...
Post 16 IP   flag post
101425 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?