Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanIndustryMarketingStrategy

Matterport marketing questionable2621

3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
I am somewhat frustrated with my business doing well showing growth and then a complete slow down last couple of months. I have been thinking about Matterport marketing strategy and they are focusing way too much on selling hardware and not promoting their digital platform as they should. They need more brand recognition they are not putting enough marketing dollars targeting end users and creating product demand.

Matterport should recognize that we are their marketing they should be taking care of us and helping with brand awareness.

If you feel differently please let me hear your take on it.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dwalkmethru
I am somewhat frustrated with my business doing well showing growth and then a complete slow down last couple of months. I have been thinking about Matterport marketing strategy and they are focusing way too much on selling hardware and not promoting their digital platform as they should. They need more brand recognition they are not putting enough marketing dollars targeting end users and creating product demand.

Matterport should recognize that we are their marketing they should be taking care of us and helping with brand awareness.

If you feel differently please let me hear your take on it.

Thanks
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
what kind of marketing are you doing on your own? I only ask because I'm getting ready to launch my business in the next couple weeks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I agree it seems they are more interested in selling cameras and getting you to host with them (of course) but it seems that Dan is the only one out there trying to help us, i get very little help or support from Matterport they have not even gotten back to me after 3 days ago asking to change my e-mail...NO HELP AT ALL...
I like their system but not sure about how they take care of us (or not) after we are in their system...
Now that's just me...Right ???
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Radie842 everything from direct to inbound marketing including networking events presenting at brokerage firms in addition I have grown my list to close to 4000 agents.

My point is that Matterport is stepping over dollars to get to pennies we generate income for them on regular basis so we should be valued.

I sold a camera for then last week would have been nice to see a commission or something in return.

Excuse my negativity at this point, but I don't have enough dollars to advertise and promote Matterport when they have the budget to do some of the work.

They are not presenting themselves as leaders.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
True that...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport business model is a high number of monthly plans, same as a crll/mobile phone company. The hardware is the added bonus, but they need to show a sustained and increasing revenue to their investors. If they only have a set number of operators the model doesn't work. That's crappy for us, but it's just how it is unfortunately.
If you offer multiple services and become a one stop shop then you should do better. When I offered just matterport alone I struggled. Once I added floor plans, photo, video and the other goodies they need my business took off to the point where I needed extra people to help with the workload.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I can sell Matterport cameras if there was a commission. Many Realtors want to try the service and would be willing to do it themselves after a paid tour and product demo. I am all in for being a sales rep on these things.
Post 8 IP   flag post
That would be a good option if it existed, and something matterport should seriously consider. But on the same note, you are making a little bit of $$$ and then potentially introducing a competitor into your market.
I have enough trouble getting testimonials from clients because they want to keep it their secret.
Post 9 IP   flag post
janci private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
That would be a good option if it existed, and something matterport should seriously consider. But on the same note, you are making a little bit of $$$ and then potentially introducing a competitor into your market.
I have enough trouble getting testimonials from clients because they want to keep it their secret.

You should explain to them that it cant really be a secret since Matterport can be easily identified when anyone looks at the matterport tour. the logo, the links...its all there
Post 10 IP   flag post
Oh I know that but lots of realtors don't, they have no idea how it works.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Be sure to market VR and offer mp2vr.com. also market Street View with either howner.com or mp2sv.com as your white label solution. Expand your potential clientele and use your WGA referral network discounts!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Keep in mind that real estate does tend to have natural cycles of "busy-ness" depending upon the time of the year and the market.

For example, in my area the peak time is the Spring market and then it slows down slightly over the Summer when folks are on vacation.... it picks up again in the Fall time (although not to the same extent of the Spring), and then it quiets down again in the Winter-time.

If you are dealing with mostly real estate jobs (which we mostly are) it may be no fault of your own if you are really busy at one time of the year only to find it slower at another. Activity does pick up again... just take advantage of the busy times and budget for the slower times.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D I did factor the cycles and accepted them, but I'm in a thriving market (South Florida) where we have foreign investors. The marketing message by Matterport for example in this market should be focused on this point. If your buyer is in Colombia or Brazil how are you presenting the listing to them? This is the perfect solution if reinforced by the source.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Altman brothers can only go so far.
Post 15 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
@3Dwalkmethru I understand your frustration but what your asking for from Matterport is like asking Ford to market their cargo vans for Uhaul or Canon to market cameras to ad agencies. They will market their products to the people who buy them not to the people who hire the people that buy their product.

What your asking for is more like what bike companies do. Trek, for example, doesn't sell direct to consumer. They sell to bike shops. The marketing that Trek does is to convince a bike shop that they have the product and the marketing to bring in more people than the other brand. I tried to market a start up bike company and after a few months with no experience that lightbulb finally turned on. We went out of business though because the bikes sucked.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@DSPhoto I understand all that, my point is that selling cameras to the end user defeats the concept of making this a business. I can see marketing a $350 to the masses, not a $4500 camera.

Look at Uber they hired so many drivers that the drivers are struggling to make what they were making just few month ago.
Now uber announced self-driving cars being tested in Pittsburg, eventually eliminating the people that put them on the map.

I know is business and it's about the money.

Matterport has competition creeping up from every angle and soon could be fighting for position. I am currently looking for options and I am overwhelmed with how I keep finding more and more options.

I assume next move is to replace the camera with an under $1000 version. Sure is in the making ...

we are all big boys here and we make decisions based on needs, so good luck to all trying to make a long term business model out of matterport platform.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DSPhoto
@3Dwalkmethru

I agree with @3Dwalkmethru

Matterport needs to focus on creating demand: not selling Cameras.

For example, Matterport should:

1. Create a program that enables Matterport Pros to sell Cameras. (We all make presentations that result in Camera sales. Reward us.) For example, instead of discounting the Camera by $600, let the Matterport Pro get $500 and the person using their dealer code get $100.

2. Have the Matterport Sales team support the Matterport Pros such that the ONLY spiff they receive is based on the success of Matterport Pros reselling Cameras. Why would you want five people selling Cameras when you could have 1,900 of our Members in 74 countries that can also sell training and peak load management.

3. Matterport "Sales" should do sales calls that create demand. The only way to buy cameras is online or through a Matterport Pro. When inbound leads come in, refer them back to a Matterport Pro.

The best people to sell Matterport Cameras are existing Matterport Pros that know the platform inside out.

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod agree use us and abuse us but put money on the table...
Post 19 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod if you had to guess how many cameras are in USA?
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3Dwalkmethru

I imagine that it is more than the 1,900 Members of the We Get Around Forum.

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod lol I imagined that too.
Post 22 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
The last thing I would want to do is a sell a camera to someone I could have as a client.

The guy living across the street from me has 135 Remax agents. Why would I try to sell him a camera when I could do the work for him?

If I had only found out what he did a year earlier...

If you are worried about your clients buying the camera then you have 2 problems; The wrong clients and the wrong approach to selling your services.

I come from an advertising photography background that was difficult for me to be successful with. What I have been successful with is being a Photographers Assistant and Digital Technician. I made the photographers I worked for lives easier and images better because I was really good at the logistics of a photo shoot. Much more than I was at being "creative". I made it so they could focus on their craft.

In this new direction with Matterport, VR tours and photography I'm going- my selling point is what I can do technically with some creativity that makes my clients have so of what their their specialty is they can't imagine doing what I do on their own. They don't have the time to learn it let alone do it.

Let's just hope I can pull it off.
Post 23 IP   flag post
101641 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?