Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
IndustryRealvision

I see a link for Real Vision (Toursler)?2602

MadHusband private msg quote post Address this user
I see a link to Real Vision aka Toursler, probably the closest competing product to matterport at the top now below the matterport provider map. I also see the one for "immoviewer" too but don't really consider it close to the same class as RealVision or matterport so nothing of interest there. I am just wondering why?

I considered this forum as home to matterport discussions, is the plan to branch out into a forum for other 3dtour software?

I am not upset or anything and Dan owns this site so he can do as he pleases, if he chose to he could make this into a site about cats. I looking for an response on if the intent is to make this more a forum that discusses all 3dtour capturing devices.

Yet again not mad or upset, honestly if this was my site I would want to be the forum that was "home base" for all 3dtouring software discussions so that I would get more people coming here then ever before.
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
No. Not cats.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@MadHusband

The (Not So) Short Answer

While Matterport is the 800 lb gorilla in the space, there are competitors. We Get Around is a Matterport Service Provider in Atlanta. We want to know if other platforms - such as immoviewer and Real.Vision (formerly known as Toursler) are a threat or an opportunity to Matterport Pros like us - like you.

While we (all) have Matterport in common, what we also have in common is that we are visual storytellers. And, we want to use the best, appropriate tools to help our clients show and tell their visual story.

In many ways, these other solutions compliment are Matterport Service Provider business, so we want to offer solutions that will benefit our clients.

Matterport competitors have embraced the WE GET AROUND FORUM community. And, we embrace them. immoviewer, for example, is offering special benefits to Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Referral Network.

I could imagine that Matterport embraces competitors in this Forum too. If Matterport has the best solution, then we are helping potential camera buyers decide faster that they want to buy Matterport. And, if they don't have the best solution, we'll help remind Matterport about the features that the Matterport community wants. So, hopefully, getting innovation to happen faster.

Backstory about the Name Change

Should I change the name of the Matterport User Group Forum?
Matterport User Group Forum Changes Name ...
Should the Forum continue to cover Matterport competitors?
23 Percent Plan to Buy a 3D/360 Camera in the next 90 Days

Great idea about 3D of Cats. Sounds like we should start that Forum too

Best,

Dan

Post 3 IP   flag post
BarrieFisherPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not one that chimes in much, or has tendency to argue, But, this just got me.

Dan's site is alot of work and he keeps up on it as if it was a staff of 20. I'm just curious why you need to express such thoughts? Why the put down, Mad Husband! Appreciation goes alot further!

Dan does his best! Thanks for all your hard work Dan, you keep us all in the loop! I continue to learn from all of his information and dedication, and I'm sure there are more people out there that would second that.

And I'm sure Dan's cat site would be well done also.
Post 4 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
i just visited the RealVision site. good lord. a house is $100 minimum, plus you have to shoot old fashioned spherical panoramas and, get this, with a Canon! The end product would cost hundreds more than I charge for a MP tour. hundreds. I'd just as soon explore a cat website.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Dan runs this site great and has something here that is really fantastic. Like I said in my original post "just wondering why?" he has a direct link to a competing product.

@BarrieFisherPhoto I didn't' mean it as insult or "knock" against Dan I was just wondering if the focus of this forum was changing/expending.
Post 6 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
I think the quality of the dslr sphere image is better than the Matterport and was thinking about adding that type of solution as an option. I asked a few questions and didnt really get thorough and timely answers so I didn't dig deeper. It looks as though they use the same methodology where you upload the pictures and they stitch/host it in the cloud.
Post 7 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,

A very big thank you!!! You're doing a super job on with this site and I personal have gained a lot of knowledge in a short time. Please keep up the good work and know that all of us appreciate your effort and time.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Just tested a toursler tour from that site on my Nexus 5x and it was unresponsive and slow... Anyone else have better luck?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 Tried on my iphone 6 in the Chrome for IOS browser, seemed to be as good of an experience as on my desktop.
Post 10 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod,
I really like the quality of the images of the Real Vision tours and would like to offer this as an alternative to my clients but the cost is too high. Do you have any discounted rates in the works for members?
Thank you,
Jon
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ

No news yet ...

Realvision just posted this video to their YouTube channel ...

Dan

Post 12 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
The new gen real.vision looks pretty good to me. I already have Canon DSLRs, just need a fisheye lens and a few accessories.

I could then shoot a house in 1 swoop, and generate a 3D tour, floorplan and pretty high quality stills from that 1 shoot. So... my math tells me that instead of spending maybe 60 minutes shooting an average house and 90 minutes "Matterporting" it I could just do BOTH in 60 minutes.

That's worth something. Plus I dont need a $4500 Matterport.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101646 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?