Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMultiple Floors

Shooting as single/multiple model2571

bckz2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys I need some advice on shooting a hotel. Can I combine different floors into one link? This is my plan ( please look at the picture below.) thank you
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Short answer, no.
Best thing to do is put a mattertag and hyperlink to the next scan. Not great but it's the best option
Post 2 IP   flag post
jscottsmith private msg quote post Address this user
Depends how much time you want to spend shooting 14 flights of stairs.

In concept, if all the stairs are identical you might be able to trick the software into thinking that the floors of interest are adjacent to one another. But even if that worked, you'd have to connect all the locations by traveling down hallways.

I like Jamie's idea, or a variation of it. What if you had a rudimentary 3D model of the building - or even a 2D cross section - and you hyperlinked to each of your areas of interest from that? It would take some setup in something like Panotour, but if it were me, I'd investigate that option.
Post 3 IP   flag post
hoangatuan private msg quote post Address this user
@ bckz2020:
I used to have the same thinking as you as the idea of putting all the rooms into 1 model does reducing our MP processing costs. Otherwise, we might be spend several USD 19 for many small room models (sometime a model might have less than 10 scans).
Doing the way of Jamie still costs us several USD 19 for small room models, right?
I just came out with this idea: Most of hotels has identical floor layout from room floor, right? Does anyone scan 1 room in 14th floor, some additional scans for corridor of the 14th floor, and start scanning 1 room in 15th floor starting from the position in the corridor exactly on top of the last scan in the 14th floor? Would be good if I can have any advice on this idea.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101438 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?