Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MP2SV

MP2SV: MP to Google Street View Service2542

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Promoted Post

--

Save 40 Percent! MP2SV Matterport to Google Street View Service

It's easy, fast and affordable to publish your Matterport Spaces 3D Tours to Google Street View with the MP2SV Matterport to Google Street View conversion service.

To make it easier and affordable for you to offer this service to your clients, Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Referral Network save 40 percent off public pricing.

Public Pricing (Examples)

✓ $99 for up to 10 scans in a Matterport Space
✓ $249 for up to 50 scans in a matterport Space
✓ $499 for up to 100 scans in a Matterport Space
✓ $999 for up to 200 scans in a Matterport Space

Member Pricing (Basic, Standard and Premium Members Save 40 percent Off Above)

✓ $59 for up to 10 scans $149 for up to 50 scans in a matterport Space
✓ $149 for up to 50 scans in a Matterport Space
✓ $299 for up to 100 scans in a Matterport Space
✓ $599 for up to 200 scans in a Matterport Space

Turnaround

✓ five (5) business days

Deliverable

✓ Google Shortcode Link to Google Maps like this MP2SV conversion: https://goo.gl/maps/uT144GgMjYG2

Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Referral Network, please see your Welcome Onboard Letter for how to receive this - and about 30 other - Member benefits.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Saint Louis, MO
Invelop private msg quote post Address this user
Invelop was a Trusted Agency for GBV, the precursor to StreetView. I am still on their mailing list and can confidently inform anyone unaware that the program is in complete shambles and the treatment of professionals from Google has been and continues to be abhorrent. Without fundamental changes to Google's program and policies, I believe that Matterpeeps will find this to be a waste of time and resources.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Invelop

Despite the apparent chaos behind the curtain, when evaluating this and another third-party solutions, does the service:

1 get me you new business?
2. get more business from an existing client?
3. make your competitors irrelevant?

I always suggest test and learn. For as low as $59, you can take an example of your work into a client and ask for the order.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
why would i want my MP scans converted Google Street View?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Saint Louis, MO
Invelop private msg quote post Address this user
Dan, I certainly concede the point of your three questions. It can accomplish all three goals and if done correctly; I believe the benefits can outweigh the negatives.

That being said, I remind all MP pros that scan commercially to consider the copyright and ownership implications of sharing and/or releasing their imagery to Google. In addition, Google has exhibited a track record of failure and mismanagement with respect to its GBV and subsequent GSV program, so one needs tread cautiously when interacting with GSV.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Invelop

The Safe Way is a grocery store.

What I love about this community is that the majority of us are self-employed photographers, real estate agents and service providers.

We constantly asset risk and rewards.

Enabling a client to have their business on Google Maps is a big deal both for the business and for those of us that are Matterport Service Providers.

Matterport Pros can now go back to a client - locations that we have already scanned - and offer to add them to Google Maps for an additional fee - and literally take just minutes to fill out an order form from MP2SV or Howner to order and deliver.

What a great way to add add value for your clients and make more money (with no additional effort) because you will charge by value created: not by the time it takes to fill out a form and submit your Matterport Spaces 3D tour for conversion and publishing.

Regarding the Google Business View (GBV) and Google Street View (GSV) programs, the world is changing rapidly to how content is created, published and shared. I could imagine that Google has concluded that while it is great to get professionally created content, they would rather have exponentially more content and that means any and everyone can capture, create, publish and share content to Google with an ever-growing list of point-and-shoot 360º spherical cameras such as the Ricoh Theta S and Samsung Gear 360.

In today's (1 September 2016) announcements - first appearing in the We Get Around Referral Network Newsletter and then in the Forum), MP2SV and Howner have potentially increased our earnings potential by 20 to 100 percent.

This is BIG, BIG, BIG deal. Every Matterport Pro should be submitting a model - via both service providers - to gain experience to know how to offer this service to their existing and potential clients.

The validation for the above will when Matterport officially offers a 1-click publish to Google Maps option.

This became obvious to me - reading this post by @Metroplex360 ...

Announcing: MatterXport

In that thread, I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod

@Metroplex360

You have provided the Holy Grail that would enable a Professional Photographer to offer enhanced Matterport services ...

As soon as I saw in that post that it is possible to exported six-sided cubes, that meant it was possible to create equi-rectangular jpeg images compatible with Google Maps and Facebook.

In my mind, this application is so obvious. I was not surprised that two developers have figured out - quickly - how to easily leverage Matterport's unofficial API to accomplish converting and publishing to Google Maps.

You can wait until Matterport official offers this solution (and everyone into the pool); or be the first - or among the first in your market to offer this optional extra publishing service.

Even a six-month lead will result in premium pricing - even winning new business - solely because of this additional publishing opportunity.

Plus, it may take us all six months to understand the workflow of content creation and marketing.

Run. Don't Walk. Embrace change.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. Dan is always on point. It's almost worth developing 3rd party solutions just to see how Dan performs his analysis on them...

I personally can't see Matterport making an instant publish to Street View options as having that directly would mean a partnership with Google ... and I can't quite imagine what that would look like. I think it would undermine their showcase / 3D aspects as it would make people think that Matterport is just a slow (rather than a one-shot) Google Street View camera.

Marketing is something that constantly surprises me. There are people who are brilliant at it, like Dan -- then there are the developers out there that rely on the marketers to tell them what their product ACTUALLY IS!

In this case, Dan immediately identified exactly what MatterXport was I was just messing around when I was making it
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

So thrilled!

MP2SV converted and published my Matterport Spaces 3D Tour of this outdoor garden in Atlanta to Google Street View. (It took three days to scan the gardens because I had to stop as soon as the sun rose over the building.)

Here's how I share the link: https://goo.gl/maps/RD6F7arKdVP2

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
by clicking on that above link am i sopposed to be able to walk through the garden?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@persin

Please click on the link (above) and scroll down to the 360º icon to click it ...

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
really nice dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod Direct Link:
https://goo.gl/maps/WqAP7nmnLAt
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

I how our Matterport Spaces 3D Tour of The Lens Bar in Rosemary Beach, Florida converted to Google Street View.

https://goo.gl/maps/E8QdGxCkmjv

Our client it too

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Hey All

I've been crazy busy so I'm a bit behind on the posts at the moment!
As some of you may know our company does both MP and Google (we are a Google Trusted Agency) @Invelop I fully agree with you that sadly we are endlessly messed around by Google as they change the rules at the drop of a hat! However the two products side by side can work very well together!
Currently we are working with a large group home builder and I am travelling all over the country scanning all of the show homes they have as well as taking GOOGLE imagery. The reason why they are doing it this way is because they want the benefit of all of their show homes being pinned on Google Maps (so they are easily found) with people having the option to walk into the See Inside but they also love the ability to view the homes in the 3D model and floorplan modes with MP. This has been great in the fact that we can charge for both services but means I have to carry double the amount of gear which is difficult especially when flying across the country!
The ability to transfer into Google from the scan saves us a whole lot of time both onsite and back at the office in post production.

I think this is an incredibly exciting new development and we will absolutely be looking into it!

Thanks @DanSmigrod!

Marcia
Post 14 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@property3dnz, pardon my ignorance as I have never published anything to Google business view, but in your post above, are you able to show multiple homes for a single site location? To ask another way, I am working with a builder in a community with 20 different floor plans. If I scan all of the properties and convert them to business view, will all 20 show up on Google maps?
Post 15 IP   flag post
@JonJ There is a lot of rules and regulations around homes - for it to be published on Google the show home MUST have a functioning sales office so it may not necessarily work that way in your instance.... I do have another building company that doesn't have show homes so I scan the different floorplan layouts as they are built for their clients - in that instance I couldn't publish it to Google as the house is actually someones home... does that make sense?
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Property3dNZ,
In this case there is a sales office on site. When you say 'show home', does that mean that the home is not going to be sold until the community is about to close out or at least that phase of the community is to be closed? The homes I am scanning will be sold soon after they are built. Does that cause additional complications? Thank you for you response!
Jon
Post 17 IP   flag post
@JonJ
Each house would have to have a sales office IN IT (ie one company has the office in the garage they put sliding doors in and no garage door) a show home can be open to the public for years - if the house is to be sold soon after being built you wouldn't be able to put them on Google. Once the show homes close and the house is sold we have to put a request into Google to have the tour be pulled down.
No problem Jon! I hope that helps
Thanks Marcia
Post 18 IP   flag post
Marcia,
Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate the information!
Jon
Post 19 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Property3DNZ Do you have examples of model homes you've placed on Street View? This is interesting. I provide Matterport Tours for a homebuilder in Dallas and they would love their models to be on Street View. I never considered this.
Post 20 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Just to understand the procedure: I send you the url and you extract some panos to make the StreetView?
When you say "up to 10 scans in a Matterport Space" are you talking about the total number of scans that were originally in the Matterport model or the number of actual scans that you will use to make the SV tour? (while a small SV tour can have between 5 to 10 panos, the same model in Matterport might have at least two times the number of scans, so the definition of the base you take to set the price is very important.
Finally, who gets the credit for the tour in Google StreetView? For what I see it is Metroplex. Am I right?
Best regards.
Jorge
Post 21 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@jfantin -

From the FAQ Page:
Q: Which scans do you publish to Street View?

A: All of your scans are published excluding those that you have marked in Matterport Workshop as hidden.

From the How It Works section on the homepage:

When you purchase a Matterport to Street View conversion, every scene from your Matterport Tour is enhanced visually and rebuilt for Google Maps Street View. The tour will have your company name credited as the photographer.

All scenes are linked together carefully by a Google Trusted Photographer, tested, and privately sent to you for review. Give us the thumbs up and it goes live as a 'See Inside' link on your location's Google Local Business listing.

--

So basically, if you submit a 105 scene tour with 5 hidden, it's 100 or less.

My apartment clubhouse tours were all under 100 scenes with the exception of a senior citizen community. Almost all of the scenes made it to Street View.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 Hey there - we haven't actually had one converted from MP to Google See Inside - we are currently having to shoot with both cameras - this is why this would be a massive advantage for us! The ones that I am currently working on aren't up on Google maps yet but here is one that one of my colleagues have shot and added to Google - clickable text
The main benefit up until now (and still is to a certain degree) is the ability to go outside - hopefully MP makes the new 360 pano's more user friendly soon!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Property3dNZ MP2SV Model Home Conversion (from Gallery Page)
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Property3dNZ

I am very happy with the conversion an publishing of our Matterport spaces to Google Street View by MP2SV from @Metroplex360

It's easy, fast and affordable.

Plus, since you are a Member of the We Get Around Referral Network, you will save 40 percent (See your We Get Around Referral Network Welcome Onboard Letter to get your special promo code.

Once you place your order, you are done.

All the magic happens behind the curtain.

Best,

Dan
Post 25 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I just have to say Apple didn't become the #1 selling phone overnight, creating miles and miles of lines on launch days, without opening their doors to 3rd party apps. Actually they created a whole world around "there's an app for that" The way I see it is they can become the world best virtual cameras hardware manufacturer with tons of 3rd party apps, possibly even hosted on their server like an app store, or they will fall on their face when the next great open source camera comes along. At this point I prefer the later due to their lack of commitment.
Post 26 IP   flag post
AttractiveListing private msg quote post Address this user
I recently learned about the MP2SV service and was very excited. We are the in-house preferred vendor for the largest single RE/MAX office in the entire U.S., 5th in the world! After having some discussions with Chris over at MP2SV, I decided that we were going to offer this as an add on service. Tuesday I made the announcement at the monthly office meeting only to receive an email yesterday from Chris that they were being shut down. What an embarrassment this whole mess is. I don't typically announce things without watching it for a while. This is an office that has very high visibility. We were the first in Houston to heavily market Matterport and it started right here with this office. Now I've got to deal with how to backtrack...
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
An example of why Matterport to Google Maps is an essential tool (and we can not understand why Matterport will not allow 3rd party developers, such as @Metroplex360, to offer this tool.)

That's 100,000 views from some test shots of a hotel room that I published on 1 August 2016: less than 2.5 months ago.

Imagine the added value that we can provide our clients by scanning once and publishing twice.

I could imagine that Matterport has plans to offer publishing to Google Maps. That said, in the mean time, they should allow these 3rd party services to provide this powerful benefit to the Matterport Community. And learn from the experience too.

While the following is just for some 360º test shots in my hotel room while attending Inman Connect San Francisco, you get the idea ...

Dan

Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
For comparison, our 287 Matterport models have 481,100 impressions and 50,200 views since July 2014 (2 years and 3 months).

Dan

Post 29 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Yeah, the Google tours get insane amounts of traffic -- I'm rather shocked when I get these e-mails
Post 30 IP   flag post
101636 36 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?