Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AutosCamerasCarDealershipEVOX

EVOX Images: 360º Photo Spheres Inside Cars2476

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

360º Video: Start at :15 Video 1 of 3

✓ Thinking about shooting Matterport inside a car?
✓ Wondering about how car dealerships will evolve with Virtual Reality?
✓ What are the challenges of shooting 360ºs inside of cars?
✓ Matterport Spaces meets Mattertags meets EVOX Images?

EVOX Images has an amazing library of 9,000 360º spherical images inside of cars with its eye on VR and its free Samsung Gear VR app, RelayCars.

I chat with EVOX IMAGES CEO David Falstrup and Vice Chairman/International Advisory Committee Dave Weber about 360º spherical photography meets the inside - and outside - of cars.

[This video was recorded 20 June 2016 and embargoed until today (22 August 2016)]

360º Video: Start at :10 Video 2 of 3

I get a demo of EVOX Images Virtual Reality meets CarsRelay app ("Way, Way exciting" "Better than being at the dealership"

Imagine how Matterport might easily and seamlessly be integrated in virtual reality with bonus digital content.

[This video was recorded 20 June 2016 and embargoed until today (22 August 2016)]

360º Video: Start at :07 Video 3 of 3

Bonus: I take a test drive of EVOX Images Samsung Gear VR RelayCars app AND a car! (Stereoscopic experience mashed up with CGI)

---

What else? Your thoughts on the evolution of 360º spherical photography meets autos and automotive dealerships.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Dan, EVOX link is broken.. http://www.evoximages.com/ works fine.

Very nice topic by the way

just don't think MP would be able to scan such small interior (70cm minimum scan distance and stitching of small interiors is too bad) but CAD models + gear 360 does the trick good enough!

Their app is great! Easy to spend 5-10 minutes on its virtual cars
Post 2 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
We did some tests with MP inside cars, but it always ended with some major stitching errors.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Here is one I did awhile back , got the inspiration on the forum. The only objection I had was with the steering wheels badge looks funny.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=eo7KiwLe5vU

Don't know why it did not work on the previous post
Post 5 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for vid Dan.

What manufacturer is going to be only doing VR to sell cars that you mentioned?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
David Falstrup is my "half-cousin" as he is my paternal cousin's half-brother. In a manner of speaking we have a familial connection, although we haven't met.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@smcclell Evox produces assets as a 3rd party that car manufacturers / dealers can purchase from them. It's like VERY specific stock imagery made possible by their stellar reputation in the industry that they've been building for YEARS. The dealerships 'loan' them the vehicles and they shoot them in their own facility that I believe features a rotational stage of sorts for rotating the vehicle for exterior shots, etc.

It's a great business model and the auto industry has only a few vendors on this scale to work with. Evox is great. If you've EVER been to ANY site like KBB.com on the web, you've likely been looking at their imagery and not known it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@smcclell I recall that it is General Motors for their "5th tier" dealerships (that will not have cars!)

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
http://www.virtualreality-news.net/news/2016/aug/24/ford-launches-vr-storytelling-app/
Post 10 IP   flag post
101422 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?