Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanReal EstateRealtorsSell

Promoting Matterport with Video to Public2470

GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
I am still waiting for the explosive demand from Realtors and the Public for Matterport. I am hanging in there mentioning it in all my promotional videos.

The way some people select their Realtor is the "FRIEND" system. They award the listing to people who do not even have video skill let alone Matterport. OK, enought of the soapbox, here is my video.

Post 1 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
I think you've seen the 'explosive' demand. From a public view your video falls short. What is matterport? What does it do? How will it help me....(insert ten other questions).
Post 2 IP   flag post
Steve:

We could go round and round about advertising and what is said. My video hit the point that I wanted it to. There is a follow up that I am doing the intro graphic on right now. Reality is no one will watch more that a minute. That is why "Instagram" limits their videos to 60 seconds.

I am running these videos in one zip code that has 2000 homes. That is an audience of 4000 people. I will get 3000 views on that video and then move to the next video that will detail more about all my services.

Most real estate agents want 3 min videos, and do not know, it would be better to have 3 one minute videos.

Respectfully,
George Kenner
Real of the Year
C.A.R. Champion of Home
Post 3 IP   flag post
I can't stop you from making videos that won't give a return. Have at it. From an objective standpoint your video falls short on almost every level. It doesn't answer any questions, give any information about 'What's In It For Me' blah blah blah.

Hahahahaa....no one will watch a video that is over a minute long? Are you !@#$ serious? Really? Hahaha...ok. Sure. 2000 people will receive it but 3000 people will WATCH it??? God is real and I have a pet unicorn.

I'm not against you....I was trying to HELP you. Your video falls short, I can't tell who your market is, what value you there is in it for the consumer....there is NOTHING that makes me want to pick up the phone and call you.

Seconds 21-36 is an advertisement for REALTORS, not the consumer. So, in the first 36 seconds you've just confused the hell out of me.

Also...now LISTEN to me and don't be defensive...I just watched your video again and I can't tell if your video is for the public or for Realtors.

The first 20 seconds sounds like you're talking to the consumer ("Did you know that there is a discussion among Realtors..." ) but then at second 21 it sounds like you're talking to the real estate agent "We don't see what YOU can't do both". Huh? You just lost me. You're suggesting the consumer can do both or are you suggesting REALTORS can do both for the CONSUMERS.

After 36 seconds it's now all about YOU the service provider instead of the consumer "We take great pride in the presentations we make". Um...so what? Pat yourself on the back.

51 seconds in "We figure there is a way for everyone to become a winner...." translates into "um...I think there is a way" (not exactly sure) or "um...there COULD be a way..."

I didn't take ten minutes of my life to give you feedback so you can justify your video and pat yourself on the back. I took ten minutes of my life to HELP you and tell you that your 55 second video sucks and that you should NOT SEND it out to ANYONE until your message is clear and it answers the question What's In It For Me?

Finally...people will watch a video that is an HOUR long as long as it's interesting, entertaining and holds value.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
CathieRasch private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I can help?

The number one thing that consumers are looking for in a real estate agent is attracting potential buyers according to NAR, how is a Matterport scan going to help to attract buyers to their property?

97% of home buyers search for homes on the internet
40% of home buyers find the home that they purchase on the internet

These statistics show how important it is that your home be presented well on the internet. how is a Matterport scan going to help to attract buyers to their home on the internet?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cathie: Trust me I get it. You have about 7 times to hit a client before they even know you exist. You have to bring the message slowly. You have between 4 and 7 seconds to capture their attention in a video and it gets real borning at 45 seconds if they are not in the market for what you are selling.

Having said that I have sold two home in the last 45 days where the Matterport made a big difference. One was sold to an famous artist who never came to the condo. MATTERPORT! did it for me.

My peer Realtors do not want to spend the money, they are spoiled in the old way of not spending any money on marketing. I know one 30 year experience Realtor who did his first video on a listing just recently, yes, it was for his own home.

The second home where it helped, I sold it through a Manager of a big line franchise in San Diego. He did not even know what Matterport was. I have been following his listings, now he knows he is still not using it.

George
Post 6 IP   flag post
Steven:
Our approach is surely different. See I am tapping the same audience again and again. I re-market to them and the story continues.

I am not sure are you a REALTOR? or are you a photographer? Have you ever looked at the back end of a Youtube channel to see the show time and cut off points.

Trust me, its OK you not help me anymore.

George
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Just my two cents but I got confused by your video too. Are you a realtor selling what you do for advertising for the client or are advertising as an MSP for doing jobs for other realtors?

One of the first rules about making a video is it has to tell a story. I saw no story there or no building of a plot. What is it you are offering. Multiple short videos can work but you have to have a plot start. There is no plot.

You can give all the statistics and figures you want but they don't tell a story. Tell the story you just told us about how you sold the house without the person physically going to the property. That is a compelling story for agents.

Lastly just keep at using the matterport and video. You will get more clients through word of mouth and when other realtors realize you are setting the new standard for customer service they will be playing catch up with you. The client wants to know what you are going to do for me as a realtor and this shows you are using awesome technology to sell their home. But remember these services don't sell the home as much as it sells the realtor.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
As a side note, this brings to mind a very good book I read on the difference between facts and figures and telling a story, called "Tell to Win: Connect, Persuade, and Triumph with the Hidden Power of Story" by Peter Guber. This can help you make the difference between getting a gig and not. I got it on Audible and was able to listen to it in free time while driving from place to place.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Apparently, George doesn't want help. With sending 2000 messages and receiving 3000 views I know everything too. ;-)
Post 10 IP   flag post
ODDLY this was one of my best preforming videos. This is part of "NOT" a Complete Story.

This was a remarket piece, most everyone that saw it was directed to and had already seen another group of videos. I posted this on Instagram and it was one of my most liked videos. Go Figure!

And your right Steven, I am going to travel to the tune of the Drummer that got me where I am, and I do not come without some serious REALTOR street creds.

If you look at the largest paid advertisers... Automobiles.. they never tell the whole story. They want you in the Dealership to finish the story. They plant the seed and pray for contact.

And Steven are you are you a Realtor do you run a team? Maybe you should get on the system and show us all how to do it!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101630 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?