Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Cameras

Firmware Update 1.1.414.11204.b100b35-P2455

mori private msg quote post Address this user
BTW as I´m also testing with a not supported iPad3, performance issues may be a result due to Apple and not due to the MP App. Since the latest Apple iOS Updates I have bad performance experiences and also a lot iOS crashed which I never had before.
Post 26 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
@Max_Sodomovskiy / I saw you worked a lot with the "remove" feature. Can you recommend a tutorial to better understand how this works and some best practice tipps to improve the 3D dollhouse view?

Thanks in advance.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Max_Sodomovskiy private msg quote post Address this user
I like Auguste Rodin, remove off all the excess around the model. View Dollhouse so it looks cleaner.
Post 28 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I have upgraded my camera firmware from 1.1.354-11204.4b81d33-P to 1.1.414.11204.b100bc5-P, camera is a Dxxx series.

It happened halfway trough a shoot and I have not noticed any funny stuff yet. Did an outside shoot with a few 360's at different places.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=zZM6ZrxorNS
Post 29 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@mori I am on an ipad 4 and I have used an Air 2 and didn't notice enough difference to make me want to upgrade. Is the iPad 3 tolerable for you?
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I just got an iPad Pro. I did a test between that and the mini 2 on 12 scans in a great room and hallway. I timed each one on each device and at the most, there was a 12-second difference. The average difference of the 12 scans was 4.75 second. I don't know if the difference between time maybe 16 minutes for 200 scans is enough to justify the extra money for a brand new iPad.
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@frstbubble

Thanks for sharing your test results

What about the weight? Have you tried scanning for a few hours with it yet?

Dan
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry @DanSmigrod, I should have put it is a 9.7, not the ginormous iPad Pro.
Post 33 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
So just to be sure. The yellow markings and alignment are not an issue for most? Ive been slack and not updated yet and just want to make sure its ok to do so
Post 34 IP   flag post
jntooker private msg quote post Address this user
Interested in hearing more feedback on firmware update / potential problems with iPad Pro - I haven't done the update yet...is it safe or should we keep waiting for more kinks to be worked out?
Post 35 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for not coming back to this post as quickly as promised. Right after the update with the new firmware we were facing the same problems as rpeterson described in this post 2 years ago, thank you VLTV for sharing this

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/33/capture-app-201-crashes--alignment-errors/

And during the update we had the same problem as THRHHI described in this thread. No flashing orange light. After endless minutes at clients site without flashing orange light we switched the camera off and on again. After that our troubles began. Partly we could not get an alignment within 2 ft. This led to heavy cursing.

Later MP support helped me a lot. They gave me a call back on Friday (at 11 PM CET) and we checked everything together on the phone. Did test scans with them while on the phone. Later MP support answered all my email questions in kind.

Maybe a wifi signal at clients site disturbed the update procedure and caused troubles in consequence. In the meantime I dont think that those troubles were software-related.

Since then we have done more than 1.500 (successful) scans with the new firmware and capture app and would like to share our experiences here (as shortly as I can).

First of all the MOST IMPORTANT news: our CAMERA IS WORKING WELL with the new firmware. I can confirm that the firmware upgrade included logarithms to produce cleaner lines on objects in the scans. The MESH LOOKS VERY GOOD.

In consequence to this our capture process is more object oriented. No object or wall, no alignment. The old firmware was more tolerable and easier to handle in large open spaces.

Furthermore, I have the impression that the new camera logarithm also led to changes in the rendering processes of the MP CLOUD.

Before the firmware upgrade we were succesful in producing models with almost 450 successful scan points (size 50.000+ sq. Ft.). After the upgrade our largest model has about 350 successful scan points (1 model). Models with more than 400 have all failed. Rendering those mega models is now very time consuming (>24h).

Apart from that they introduced many MESH RELATED NEW FEATURES IN the update of CAPTURE APP.

One of them is the message "ORPHANED SCANS". The user should not delete "parent scans" for not damaging the mesh. Max_Sodomovskiy already reported on this and showed a good example in this thread.

This is an issue for large scan projects where you have planned to delete those "alignment only scans" in order to reach the 200 scan point limit.

Apart from that I have the impression that the new capture app in combination with the new firmware is now showing where ceiling and walls have (not) successfully been scanned. During our current project in the convention center we have scanned rooms with very high walls and ceilings (up to 25 ft and more). The map of the capture app gives you hints (black sparkled dots) where you have to do more scanning work for a perfect model. I don't know wether this is a new feature, but it definitely helps a lot in our current project.

So, for all who have not updated yet:

If you are not planning 350+ scan points in one model go for the update. The mesh looks very good and some of the new features will help a lot in creating great models.
Post 36 IP   flag post
101421 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?