Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Pool Water - Fixable?2428

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user

Can anyone tell me how to make the pool show up the color that it truly is vs the black out it currently shows in floor plan and dollhouse views? Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hamid private msg quote post Address this user
You could probably shoot a evening/night when the sun reflection from the water i low and disable the scans.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
I shot that at sunset...I had already been there 6 hours! I thought doing it at sunset wouldn't yield any negative results
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
The color is perfect when you walk around it. Wonder why it goes black like that? Maybe it is b/c there's no scans in the water and no data there.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hamid private msg quote post Address this user
The black patches are there because the camera could not create a 3D mesh. The image quality will still be fine, but the camera fails to register any mesh points.
I think I have seen some people post tours where the water was visible in the dollhouse and 2D view. I believe they were shot at night
Post 5 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
my guess...

looking at your scan, the sun is still 'technically' in direct line of sight by the camera (except that it is being hidden by clouds)

so the amount of IR light from the sun messing up your scan is still immense.

My best scans in outdoors is a very overcast sky. or sun is below the horizon.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
I´ve yet to see any proper capture of water surface, even indoors it´s usually just black. I assume this being because the lasers can´t capture the distance.

The only thing I know would work is to cover the pool with a blue tarp, or to empty it completely (which is usually not a viable option).
Post 7 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
I've had the same issues. all pools have been with black spots. The IR can't reach the bottom of the pool and reflect back to the camera to create a solid mesh like @hamid said.

Water bends light, so it's probably not possible to get a proper IR reflection because of the refraction, I do think the depth is a factor. I've had partial pool work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refraction

Post 8 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I have had the same with an indoor pool,
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Bummer. Really is a let down.
Post 10 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
This thread may help. remembered Dan did a while ago as a brain teaser..

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/223/page/1/brain-teaser-1/

Thought I'd post the answer for those not interested in reading through.

Dan-
"Like sunlight, the water in the whirlpools absorbs the infrared light. The infrared (IR) mesh is used to create the dollhouse view. Drain the water in the whirlpools - or use a whirlpool water cover - and the IR would create the expected, nice mesh dollhouse view.

Then, disable the scans that do not have water so that they are not viewable when "walking around" in the spa area.

While I had hoped to include an "after", our client decided not to have us date the model.
"

So if it is possible that the pool has a cover, you may want to scan with that over to get the base look and not black.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101421 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?