Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceDollhouse ViewScanningTrim

Ceiling height and trim2422

jntooker private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone figured out how to deal with ceilings that are too high for the matterport to fully capture?

I just scanned a restaurant and the ceiling height in one area is really high. In dollhouse mode it looks like spillover. Is there a way to trim this or make it look better in dollhouse?
Post 1 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @jntooker,

I had this same problem this weekend when scanning a hotel. I took 5 shots outside the room and the dollhouse had the same problem going up 3 stories. Looks tacky.

I duplicated the scans 3 times, deleted the furthest outside scan first 1 by 1 until I minimized the problem as much as I could.

In past scans with vaulted ceilings, I've had this issue as well but it looked clean as the camera caught the entire wall up to the vaulted ceiling.

I've found no trim solutions other than to delete the offending scan(s) that picked up that portion of the ceiling.

Wish you luck. Maybe duplicate the scan a few times and delete some scans to see if you can find one or a couple that were a problem?
Post 2 IP   flag post
jntooker private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @danmorell, I will try that. I wonder if maybe I can temporarily move the suspect scans one at a time to a different floor temporarily - in theory, I should be able to see which scan is offending.

I have a bad feeling the offending scan is the one directly in front of the front door, though, and in that case if I delete it I will have no circle at the entrance. I may just have to live with it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101432 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?