Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Need easy to build Website2405

Lmccauley57 private msg quote post Address this user
I have used godaddy. Would like a recommendation for building a quick, down and dirty easy website. Just purchase my MP Camera and it is being shipped today. SO EXCITED ABOUT GETTING IT!!!

Thank you!! Lisa.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Are you talking about a company website for yourself? Or a website to sell to your clients showcasing the work you do?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Lmccauley57 private msg quote post Address this user
A company website to sell the MP Services.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I'm using a Web hosting service and uses wordpress for my website. www.jc3dcx.co.za

Wordpress is quite easy to use
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Have someone build you a Wordpress site. Fiverr.com is a good place if you don't know anyone and finding someone there is easy and very affordable.

Then, after your wordpress site is built, download the wordpress plugin WP3D. My site runs like this...check it out if you want.

Ross runs WP3D and is on here often. Very responsive and helps you get it going and off the ground.

With WP3D, as you add content to your site, it auto populates a gallery page, and gives you the option to display that content into a website that you can sell to your clients

WP3D - great way to go

KOAware.com is a great site to create single property sites to sell to your clients - but NOT to make your own site.
Post 5 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
Good idea about Fiveer.

If you'd like to test the waters yourself, join WIX.com and you could have a basic proof of concept site framework demo up for everyone to see in about 10 minutes.

WIX, like similar sites, helps people create professional looking sites regardless of their programming or design background. You simply follow directions, drag things around and your site comes together.

Here's a WIX site that a Matterport service in Maine created (link)

Click that site's "Matterport" button, and you'll see how they embedded a video about Matterport. It's a pretty interesting video that shows the camera, the capture process and how a model looks when you view it on a computer. The site also advertises it's other realtor services.

Even if you choose another way to create a site or hire someone, you can still get a feel for how the development process works by creating a free WIX account and playing around with it. Of course you need to spend more than 10 minutes to make a complete site, but 10 is enough to check out the process.

Your WIX site's free and you get your own free URL. That URL has the words wix.com in it, so you'll need to pay if you want to use your own domain name. Many people, such as the ones who created that listingtunnel site, don't care about "wix.com" in their domain names so they never pay anything to host their websites.

Note: You may have seen this WIX commercial on TV (link). It's the one where the young lady with the bowtie company shows how WIX helped her create Bowtie Behavior, her company website (link).
Post 6 IP   flag post
Boston
KoaWare private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @Lmccauley57, shoot us an email at support@koaware.com with some more details and we may be able to help you quickly get a site!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Lmccauley57

Since you bought your camera within the last 30 days, you should be able to get $600 back from Matterport.

For details, please read this Matterport User Group Forum post:

Did you buy a Matterport Camera in the last 30 days?

Please DO let us know what happens ...

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Don't use Wix. The fullscreen option isn't available when you embed a Matterport Space sample.
Post 9 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
That's interesting. I just tested it on a WIX page and you're right -- there's no fullscreen option when I view the model.

I then tested it here at JSFiddle, a developer playground where you can test code quickly.

(link to JSFiddle Matterport Model Test)

Click the "Run" button at the top of that page and it will display the sample Matterport model I added to the page's HTML section. The model at JSFiddle doesn't show a full-screen option either. Since that's a trusted developer site, it should display HTML correctly.

These are my first attempts to embed Matterport iFrame code. I'm using this sample from the Matterport site.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=fRGL4VSosLW" frameborder="0" allow-fullscreen></iframe>

That code has an allow-fullscreen parameter that I assume enables fullscreen mode. Yet, that's not working in either test.

Finally, I created a local HTML page on my laptop and ran it in my browser. Again, I don't see a fullscreen option on the Matterport model running in my browser. Since those three tests fail, maybe there's something special you have to do besides add an allow-fullscreen parm to your iFrame code to enable the fullscreen option. It works with I visit the Matterport Showcase gallery but not on my test websites.

I did a quick Google search of the Matterport forum and found posts where people can't get full-screen to work. Maybe the answer lies there. IFrame code should work regardless of where you put it, but it's not.

Search results showing forum posts from people who apparently couldn't get full-screen mode to work.

As a last resort, I could test it on a real website, but the forum may explain why fullscreen may not always work.
Post 10 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
I created my business website using Wix. Needless to say I wasn't aware that the fullscreen option wouldn't be available at all.

I have been fighting with Wix for 3 months on this issue. Their response has always been that they cannot offer support on issues with the code that has not been tested by Wix.

I contacted Matterport to see if there is some sort of workaround but they too could not help.

It's disappointing as I've spent months building my site and the fullscreen functionality is critical to potential clients visiting my site.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101437 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?