Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvicebugProblems

Client complaint (when using older PCs)237

Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Matterporters,

I completed the 10,000 sq ft scan I mentioned here recently, and I think it came out really well:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=3238GdkFwVf

But my client writes me back this morning:

"There are a lot of times when I am viewing the floor view that it goes to black and I cannot get it back. For example, I was going from the first floor to the second and when I got to the top of the stairs it crapped out and I had to reload the entire site. I tried it again and it was OK, but when I went to the attic room and tried to enter the third floor, it did the same thing."

I've asked for further details, and only got limited ones, but he's using several Windows PCs (older, I think) and has these problems on all of them. He hasn't experienced this problem on the other scans of mine he's viewed via my portfolio page.

Since this is such a big model, is is possible that it is just too big for older computers and browsers?

I've tried it on my Windows 7 desktop and a Macbook and an Android phone. Mostly Chrome browsers, but I also tried it on Firefox on the Macbook.

Any ideas on what I should suggest he try to fix the problem?

Thanks!

Craig
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen this on a Win7 computer when I looked in IE. I've never had the problem when using Chrome or Firefox.
Post 2 IP   flag post
dfellars private msg quote post Address this user
Craig, you are not alone. I had the same issue with a 10k sq ft scan over the weekend. It happened in Firefox, but it was not consistent. An area would be black, then I would reload and it would be fine.

Contact Matterport for support and I will do the same. They just rolled out some software updates and I would bet they update their cloud processing as well.

Dan Fellars
Www.scandimensions.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Craig. Great property! I could not recreate the issue on mine Macbook/ chrome. How many scans was it? You got a little artifact keeping you from going through the front door. Anyone know how to fix these? Also the room with the huge mirror looked like it would have been a pain!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Orange, California
@alx3D: I made over 300 scans, counting ones I later deleted or didn't sync up after completion, but I ended up with almost exactly 200 before I uploaded it. That reminds me I need to go through and hide some of the scan positions in Workshop.

@dfellars: I'll write to Matterport as well. I'd forgotten they'd announced the software updates, and then quickly delayed them, so maybe they are having some issues.

Craig
Post 5 IP   flag post
Orange, California
@alex3D, I just checked the front door, and it is working for me. The screen briefly goes black as I pass through the doorway, but I have no problem going through either way. I did the scan of that room first with the door closed, and then at the end of the (LOOOONG) day when the sun wasn't so intense I opened it up and did several scans in the room and then all the scans down the stairs.

I don't really think the scans outside the front door add much to the model, but the client really wanted people to be able to see if from outside from that perspective.

Craig
Post 6 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
@craigsauer
I tried again and could not get through the front door. Can you see what I am talking about in the dollhouse view?

Also here is a link to the one you posted today. Thanks!
http://real3destates.com/property/ocean-views-from-216-s-pacific-st/
Post 7 IP   flag post
Orange, California
@alex3D I just checked it again, and now I can't get through. Weird! Last time I checked I went through no problem, with the only weird thing being a brief flash of black screen as I went through it.

(And that property you linked to isn't mine, although it's pretty cool!)
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?