Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DICSF16InsideMapsVersusVirtual Reality

ICSF16: InsideMaps 3D/VR/Photos v Matterport2368

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

360º Video: InsideMaps CEO George Bolanos and CTO Jörgen Birkler compare InsideMaps 3D/VR/Still Images/Floor plan solution to Matterport.

If you have used both InsideMaps and Matterport, how do you feel the two services compare?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Dan
Before you could order the rotator/IPhone holder on line, the new rotator is it proprietary or where do you get it?

Ron
Post 2 IP   flag post
LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
After watching the the video and touring the Insidemap examples on their site I have to say I like the price point, no limitation or issues with light affecting the scan so outside scans appear to be possible. The tour itself feels a little down market from the Matterport tour in particular the transition in between scans.

re: "you can scan a whole house in 40 minutes"

Question... in watching the scan in your video I'm wondering how it's going to scan a house in less time.

+love the exterior images
+love the floorplan as part of the service
+love the ability to label scans
+like the live map showing location of current view in real time.

-hmm too many scan points can start to make it a bit busy
-hmm not crazy about the feel of the actual tour. Feels a bit old school... like when providers stitch pictures together and call it a "video" walk through.
-hmm may be just me but sometimes the lack of being able to look down feels weird. May be a function of simply too high of a position on the tripod.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

I asked InsideMaps to join the MUG Forum to answer questions in this thread, including yours about how to order the new rotator that they announced on Tuesday, (2 August 2016) at Inman Connect.

@LewisBishop

Thank you for your detailed notes (above).

All,

Any MUG Forum Members use both solutions that can help compare them?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you great idea, I wish I would have though about that.
Post 5 IP   flag post
willoreilly private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,
Thanks for posting, looks interesting.

The showcase on my mac is great. On my iPhone the screen is cropped top and bottom and I can't seem to look up and down - it's not a great experience.

Just wondering:
- is there an issue with viewing on a smartphone?
- how long does each scan take?
- do you need to wait any time between scans before scanning the next spot?
- can I grab any images from the 3D tour as high res photos or is it just a selection created by insideMaps?

Great work on all these in depth reports from icsf Dan, thanks a million.

Will
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
This is the best solution I've seen for a Matterport alternative. I still like Matterport much more, but for the price ... and the particular look -- WOW. I also would like to put it out there that this product should end all discussion of Toursler as it is clearly superior.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hunter_InsideMaps private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone. My name is Hunter and I work for InsideMaps. I am happy to answer all of your questions.

@ron0987 You can purchase our HERO device by using the Contact Us section of our website, and yes it is designed and built by us. We also have a supply of Motrr Galileos. We sell both devices for $149 (iPhone 6 adapter is included with Motrr). Very soon we will have a self service purchasing system implemented on our website as well.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@LewisBishop The InsideMaps HERO completes a "Capture Spin" in 50 seconds. It can then be immediately moved to the next desired position. It is actually possible to capture a 2000 sqft house in about 25min if you are past the learning curve.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@willoreilly We have a tool that allows you to grab any number of photos from a tour. You can select from various common aspect ratios. Image size is 3000x2000 if the 3:2 ratio is chosen. DPI is 72, however we will be offering 300dpi images soon.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 Thanks, we think so too
Post 11 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
the cost is 50 dollars for each house?
how many shots can one "house" have (let say i want to do a mall, over 100,000 square feet, with this camera)?

if i had 50 different houses i wanted to scan:

matterport basic plan: 50.00 + 20x47(first 3 are free) =990.00

Inside maps: 50x50= 2500.00

Inside maps is a lot more expensive,(this is not including their 2.00 a month after the first three months for hosting). once i shoot over 150 models (could be sooner) i could buy a matterport camera which gives me a far superior experience.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@persin Our pricing is as follows:

$49 for homes up to 2000 sqft. The price increases by $20 per 1000 sqft after 2000. We are currently not charging any hosting fees at this time. We include a schematic floor plan, a complete listing page with realtor info, and unlimited high resolution HDR photography with every project.

We also have a stand alone product for just HDR photography. $19.99 for projects of any size.

You say that the Matterport camera is a far superior experience. I would have to argue that ours is much faster and produces true HDR high quality images (no blown out windows, nothing lost in shadow. I have included some examples of the image quality produced by our system.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Dan, in your video above you said you were working on getting a deal for those are members. has anything come through?
Post 14 IP   flag post
to do a mall of 104,000 square feet with this camera would cost 2,130?
50 dollars initially than 20.00 for every aditional 1000 square feet.
this seems like something geared to small projects.

unless there is something like a business plan?
Post 15 IP   flag post
@persin I am glad you brought that up.

Yes we are geared towards the more typical real estate listing.

We do offer considerable bulk incentives. We encourage anyone interested to contact us directly. We are willing to negotiate and try to meet the needs of any client.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hunter a few tech questions, on Matterport we have stitching error on the panoramic if we get at about 18" close to walls, or doorways. At one point do you run into these stitching issues with your system. On Matterport the color balance can be off if not extreme. Does your HDR balance evenly over the panoramic even. Thank you for your input and openness to answering questions. Also is there a forum that your user are using?

Ron
Post 17 IP   flag post
directly, through a pm?
Post 18 IP   flag post
@persin Feel free to pm me, email me at hunter@insidemaps.com, or use the contact us form on our website. We always respond promptly.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@ron0987 Yes, our panoramic tours are HDR, all our photography is captured directly from them. As for your other questions, I could sing our praises but I will let you decide for yourself. Here are a couple of our most recent projects:

https://www.insidemaps.com/project/vWSlZpUMQi
https://www.insidemaps.com/project/BAQzagHRqQ
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@persin Stay tuned! Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
can insidemaps handle moving people well, or does it mess things up?
Post 22 IP   flag post
@persin There will be some ghosting, but it will not interfere with processing the tour.

Post 23 IP   flag post
@ron0987

One of our key developers read this question and asked me to include this info:

"Hunter a few tech questions, on Matterport we have stitching error on the panoramic if we get at about 18" close to walls, or doorways. At one point do you run into these stitching issues with your system. On Matterport the color balance can be off if not extreme. Does your HDR balance evenly over the panoramic even. Thank you for your input and openness to answering questions. Also is there a forum that your user are using?"

Regarding stitching:
We have worked hard to eliminate all stitching artifacts and use our underlying computer vision algorithm to register the underlying images at subpixel accuracy. Objects close to the camera typically do not exhibit stitching artifacts.

Computational Photography:
Yes, one pano seamlessly encompasses a large dynamic range, for example from outdoor view in one direction and indoor view in another. We have worked hard to make sure the color balance of the panos and photos is the best. As we do not have any problems with sunlight the scenes can be lit with full sunlight and regular lamps creating very nice shots and it also helps creating a natural color balance.
Post 24 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@Hunter_InsideMaps,

I had a question about your standalone photography service. Since these images are being captured from the panos, is it possible to grab images with a wide angle view rather than the view presented in the 3D tour? Some of the rooms that I shoot are not that large and it is necessary to shoot them with a wide angle lens. Will your photo service provide this solution? Also, do we have the option to capture the image in both landscape and portrait orientation?

Thanks
Jon
Post 25 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
Have any forum members tried insidemaps? Do you have any links you can share and your thoughts on product, functionality and ease of use. They only have one example on their website and would like to see some real user examples.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Hunter_Insidemaps Is the 3D model included in the price point of $49.95 with the 3D tour?
Post 27 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen,
Here is some pricing info I received in an email.

What does the service cost per home? How much for a 3D Tour, a Floor Plan and a 3D model?
$49 for 2,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $89 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.
$69 for 3,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $129 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.
$89 for 4,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $169 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.

First 3 months of hosting is free. After 3 months, we host the 3D Tour for $2 per 3D Tour

So to answer youth question. The 3D model is included starting at $89.

Hope this helps!
Jon
Post 28 IP   flag post
@Helen
We have not used them yet, I was waiting for the IPhone 7 release and if it is compatible we will purchase and use it. It definitely is a good alternative. As JonJ said yes the model is included in the price. If you get more feedback from them let me know, I was looking thru my emails when I first contacted them over a year ago they sent me several models, I could not find them but they sent me models from other users.

Ron
Post 29 IP   flag post
@JonJ
Thanks Jon on their website the 3D pack is 49.95 I was wondering if that included the model. With the pricing you shared it would not. It would be another $40. As I am in Canada add on about an 30% exchange to that pricing it becomes very expensive! I think I would have to charge more for that than I do for Matterport. I would like to offer the service along with the other service's I offer but I am not sure if I had to pay extra for the model if it would be feasible. Maybe if @DanSmigrod can get forum members a deal that would help.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101635 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?