Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Outdoors

ICSF16-New, 360º Outdoor Views Announcement2332

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Support sent the following email at 11 am EDT today (Tuesday, 2 August 2016) to client.

Your thoughts?

Dan

----

(Coming Soon) Capture Outdoor Scans with 360º Views

Give your viewers the complete property experience with Matterport

Dear Matterport Customer -

Matterport has always given you the most immersive, realistic online 3D walkthroughs of interior spaces. Now, we are excited to announce 360° Views - the ability to add outdoor scans to your Matterport Spaces! 3D Showcase viewers will be able to experience sweeping exterior views in 360°, as well as the inside 3D view that’s just like being there.

What are 360° Views?

360° Views are 2D spherical images associated with your Spaces, where a viewer can look up, down, and all around. They are captured with the Matterport Pro Camera along with your 3D scans. Use 360° Views in areas where 3D alignment is not possible (such as in bright sunlight), for an outdoor Hero Image, or for unattached buildings (such as sheds, or pool houses).

With this unprecedented fifth view, Matterport now provides the most complete experience of a property currently on the market.

The Complete Property Experience from Matterport

- Give buyers the feeling of actually walking through a Space with Inside View.

- Show how the entire property fits together with Dollhouse View.

- Understand layout in a snap with Floor Plan View.

- Capture outdoor shots and share sweeping exterior perspectives with 360° Views.

- Immerse your audience even more with Spaces in Virtual Reality.

- 360° Views will be released later this month! Keep an eye out for the official launch, complete with how-to guides, FAQs, and examples.

If you have any questions, please contact us on our support site.

Thanks!

The Matterport Team
Copyright © 2016 Matterport Inc., All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email as a Matterport customer.

Our mailing address is:
Matterport Inc.
352 East Java Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Post 1 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
I am dancing in the street!!!
fabulous News!
Being a new operator and experienced marketer for New Home developers..I see this as being FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Integratedman

Hopefully, 360º Views gets released by the end of August 2016, as promised.

Matterport announced Mattertags at Inman Connect 2015 and it took a year before it was launched; and another year to add clickable links. (Just today: Tuesday, 2 August 2016)

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
The BIG QUESTION is how does one activate this badly needed feature. It would be nice to know since we're all MP customers. I just tried to call MP but as normal only got voice mail from everyone I tried.
Post 4 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Will there be some sort of firmware upgrade required to existing cameras? This is great timing because I have an outdoor amphitheater to do next month.
Post 5 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
Two bottles of Dom Perignon were just placed in the refrigerator.
No kidding!
Post 6 IP   flag post
sstarkey private msg quote post Address this user
What are the main perks of having this one 360 shot outside?

I've always done outside shots that connect with the model inside
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Well Ricoh, you were fun for my outdoor shots, I have new toy to play with soon. Maybe I'll be back.
Post 8 IP   flag post
manolohk private msg quote post Address this user
BRAVO!! This news are both Advil and Tylenol for me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I'm on my way to the 7th Heaven, just hope it's implemented as promised. Have a few projects with outdoor scans to do. Hope there will be a way to do software update on camera via WiFi if needed, otherwise it's going to be a costly exercise sending camera back to USA from South Africa.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
So that explained the start parameter for 'outside'. Does not see this coming! I wonder if photo only scans will complete faster as 3d data is not being captured.
Post 11 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
I am really curious how they are going to implement this. Still, I think it is a great step forward if we do not have to worry about what time of the day to scan or to find exactly the spot with shade to walk out.
Post 12 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully you can place them (at least) manualy in the 3D space! Where's the SDK????
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@leeverdon

I imagine that it will be a a firmware upgrade.

I will chat with the Matterport team at Inman Connect this week and ask them about Outdoors and other announcements.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Got this response from Matterport Support:

"Hi Lee,

When we release the software it will be a feature that is part of the Capture App. If all goes well 360° Views will be available later this month".

Thanks,

[Reps name redacted]
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@leeverdon thanks Lee!
Post 16 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
This was totally my idea. Check the forum wish lists and you'll see that I envisioned this a long time ago.
Post 17 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
So, will the outside area still able to be part of a VR model? is the extra info needed?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds like it is just going to be an optional view you can click to, like the dollhouse view and floor plan view.

I like it, but I think it's kind of problematic. I've been trying to do 360 exteriors with the Ricoh Theta S, and I often end up not using them because so much of the view is unattractive. Inside I can hide the garbage cans and dog beds, but outside is another story. Garbage bins, ugly cars parked on the street. Construction next door, etc.

I think the best option for showing exteriors is probably already available in Ross's WP3D, just using a nice exterior photo as the preview for the Matterport Space.

Craig
Post 19 IP   flag post
Hamid private msg quote post Address this user
I believe these recent announcements put to rest the idea of a new matterport camera as matterport is obviously focusing on enhancing the current camera functions.
It seems a bit redundant to give all these new functions if you were to release a new camera as most selling point disappear for it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
NestorSarmiento private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Hey Dan! Would you mind giving some more information about the "clickable content" you mentioned for the mattertags? Or please indicate me where I can find out more about this.

Many thanks!

This is my first question in the forum. Greetings from Chile!
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@NestorSarmiento

Welcome to the Matterport User Group Forum and thanks for asking your question. (And, please introduce yourself in the "New to MUG? Please Introduce Yourself Here" thread)

In this MUG Forum thread, I interview a Matterport team member about the new Mattertag feature (coming soon).

ICSF16: Video: Matterport Adds Google Cardboard VR, 360º Views and enhances Mattertags

In this thread is the Matterport press release that includes the Mattertags announcement.

ICSF16: Matterport Press Release: Google Cardboard VR 360º Views and Enhanced Mattertags

The clickable link Mattertag will be available by the end of the 3rd quarter 2016, according to the press release.

Best,

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if the scans need to be spaced as close together with the IR turned off...
Post 23 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
My bet is we're going to be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
I do as well as I am looking forward to utilizing this very vet soon...
Post 25 IP   flag post
101274 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?