Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FeesFeesHostingFeesProcessing

Model Processing Fees - Clarification - Help229

EscapeVelocity private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I never read the fine print on Models with over 100 scans (count as two).

So for those of you who've been doing this for awhile help me understand the finer details.

I do a scan that has 125 scans because I didn't delete the scans I don't actually plan on using. The final model ends up with 98 scans used. Does this still count as double?

Or I get stuck in an area and chew through 15 scan trying to get past a mirror or other unexpected obstacle that puts me over the 100. Still double?

Finally. I've deleted scans but the scan number still increments up is the total scans reported accurate enough to bank on?

This could have a big impact on pricing and profit per job if you're not "seasoned" enough to know what you're ending count is likely going to be.

I don't remember reading about an average number of scans per 1,000 sq ft. I've read time per 1,000 sq ft but not recalling scan numbers.

Any help is appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
markmc90 private msg quote post Address this user
Good questions. I also don't like the fact that when re-uploading a tour, after an edit, it shows as a new tour. This makes it appear that you'll be charged twice. Support has assured me this won't happen though.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I've uploaded the same model multiple times (deleting floors) and haven't been double charged yet.

I usually hit 100 scans around 400 sqft, depending on the clutter of the home (less furniture = less scans)
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm not too worried about uploading the same model twice as much as I am the same model with additional scans because you had to go back and to an area that wasn't ready or any other reason and your scan count from one model to the other exceeds the 100 scan threshold.

@jamie - I'm guessing you left off a zero and that should be 4000 sg ft?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Haha yes 4000. Would be detailed for 400
Post 5 IP   flag post
Mat private msg quote post Address this user
So based on the email they sent today, does this mean that we are limited to a specific number of Models per month? Basic 3, Pro 7, Business 11? Or is this simply the included free models per month?

The email wasn't too clear.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Included models. Of course that is (as I understand it) as long as those are under the 100 scan threshold, otherwise I would imagine it would count as two of your free models. That's a guess since I'm not there yet.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yep that's it
If you have the basic package (3 included) and you do a 150 scan job and a 50 scan job, it will be counted as 3
If you go over 100, make sure it's worth it or delete some scans to under 100
Post 8 IP   flag post
Sourxstar private msg quote post Address this user
I think that the the two tier pricing is BS, we are paying monthly and also per model and I don't see matterport decreasing prices ever.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The only way they will decrease their price is when competition comes along and it's cheaper. Until then, just have to suck it up unfortunately
Post 10 IP   flag post
I recently sent off a series of questions to Bob in support and hopefully will get some type of response soon.

Namely they should consider people who make 100% of their living providing services (using Matterport equipment all or in part of a complete service) to an end customer differently than others who use it for themselves to sell a listing (Agents or Brokers).

Also we as service providers are totally different than the hordes of consumers who will become "Tangoites", scanning everything from personal body parts to their new couch or bouquet of flowers that will be processed through Matterport.

We have different requirements and much higher quality standards we are trying to achieve, we should be spun off into a "Professional Services Division" that may require stronger commitments or different pricing but allows us to do our own branding or at minimum allows co-branding. Allows us to get at and refine the pans as needed. Allows us to upload 125 scan model that will be whittled down to 96 without getting charged double.

There will be competition - it's only a matter of time. Someone somewhere will put all the pieces together and quite possibly leap frog them. It's been done countless times before. The pieces are already there on the open market it's going to take someone with more brain power than I do.
Post 11 IP   flag post
DanMilstein private msg quote post Address this user
The recurring revenue model is an absolute requirement for Matterport to survive. As you have seen through back end updates, the hardware is trivial, but continued development on the back end is what makes the product what it is.

Would I like to pay less? Sure! Did I suggest to a venture capital guy that $20/model was tolerable? Also yes.

As service providers, we need Matterport to survive. That takes cash, and until they fill enough of the market to thrive on hardware profits and service fees, they also need investors. Take away the recurring revenue (from us), and the investments dry up. They need us as much as we need them. The fees are a necessary evil.

Now, if you want to avoid the fees (as their current levels), get out of the business until it matures, and let other people pay the higher price for getting in early.

Rough, but just a fact of life in a high tech startup.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I totally agree that a revenue model is necessary. I also understand that they are a startup and will have growing pains and advancements may not come as fast as we would like. I'm also planning on being in it for the long haul.

I want them to survive. I want them to come out with a higher end solution that we as professional photographers can get to the meat of the photos and do what we do best, that automated HDR can't. In all honesty what we have in our hands is the equivalent of a 640x480 digital camera that happens to produce damn good pans with no involvement.

I should clarify that the $20.00 pricing is not a problem for me. The 100 sweep threshold is not really a problem either. Like a start-up I'm sure I'm going to take some hits while I gain experience. I'm sure the more hits I take the faster I need to become smarter about it.

Dan your work is top notch. Imagine creating a model fully lit like your photos are. That's what I look forward to be able to achieve - soon I hope.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101272 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?