Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

$600 Off Matterport Camera until 5 Aug 2016?2276

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport is offering an instant $600 rebate now through 5 August 2016, according to a photographer that reached out to me before buying the camera. That's $3,000 instead of $4,500 advertised on the Matterport website.

I could imagine this special pricing is offered in conjunction with Matterport exhibiting, sponsoring and speaking at Inman Connect 2-5 August 2016 in San Francisco. (I will be there reporting for the MUG community.)

According to the caller, the offer was made by a Matterport Sales Rep: not via the Matterport website. The offer was for buying one Camera: not multiple Matterport Cameras. The caller said nothing was in writing. The offer was made verbally.

If you have been offered $600 off or bought the Camera for $600 off, please post here or Private Message me.

(I frequently take calls from people thinking about buying the Camera. The $600 instant rebate was disclosed in the course of discussing buying the Matterport Camera.)

I would like to receive confirmations from multiple sources about this instant $600 rebate. Please post to this thread or Private Message me.

Significant price drops usually signal next generation products. So, I wonder if this means a new Camera is on the way or just a big promotion to drive Matterport camera sales in conjunction with 3,000 tech savvy real estate agents and brokers attending Inman Connect.

If the $600 discount is true, I would have advised Matterport to provide a $600 incentive to the 1,700 Pros in the MUG Forum each time we sold a Camera:

-- a friend-get-a-friend offer ($500 to the Pro and $100 to the buyer)
-- take a test drive and the Pro gets $500 and the person requesting the test drive gets $100.

When we – Matterport Pros - meet with a client, we should be happy if the client engages us for services OR buys the camera (and we handle their peak load, training and related services.) How many of us have sold cameras as a result of meetings to offer our services? My handle goes up multiple times.

I imagine that Matterport likes to have lots of sales channels. It seems like the channel that is missing is enabling thousands of Matterport Pros to demo/sell the Camera in 67 countries rather than a sales force of less than a dozen.

When Matterport just started out selling Cameras, it was one person (as I recall). Today, it could be thousands of us!

I could imagine that Matterport is moving away from supporting a Pro community in light of Matterport announcing earlier this month (July 2016) that it has acquired UK based Virtual Walkthrough. The Matterport press release says Virtual Walkthrough will offer Matterport services and sell Cameras.

If the $600 instant rebate is true, what are your thoughts?

I could imagine if you already bought a Camera and are thinking about Matterport competing with you, you are not a happy camper. If you are a real estate agent that has been thinking about buying the Camera, you are very happy for the Christmas-in-July sale.

What do you think?

BTW, it's unlikely you would see this info and discussion on the Matterport blog

Best,

Dan

P.S. How to sell your used Camera on eBay
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
You can buy the Matterport Camera online here and use the coupon code: SUMMER16

A MUG Member forwarded to me via email the offer letter in writing from one of the Matterport Inside Sales Representatives.

The text of this letter follows ...

To celebrate surpassing 50M model views, we are extending a special incentive to purchase a new camera.

For the moth of July, we are offering a $600 discount on the Matterport Pro 3D Camera.

Click "Buy" on our website to order.

When you check out, use coupon code SUMMER16 to receive the discount on your camera.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please let me know.

[Inside Sales Representative Signature Block]
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jonrusso private msg quote post Address this user
I purchase my camera about a week and a half ago and I used the promotion. Everything worked and I got my $600 off! I also shipped it to Vegas so I didn't have to pay sales tax which saved me another few hundred dollars.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
WOW, if there is a new camera in the pipeline WE ALL NEED TO PUSH FOR A TRADE IN DEAL !!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
cire385 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Dan,

I am still doing my homework on everything, but getting ready to buy in the next week or so.

I found out about Matterport through a facebook ad that came through my feed. The ad that I still see daily, because of all the cookies I have left all over the web in the last few week, stated the camera was $600 off until the 5th of August. I have seen that multiple times even on their website.

You would have a better guess than I do if new hardware is on its way, but I have worked in the technology industry for many years, one thing I have learned is if a product is over two years old and the manufacturer is offering discounts something new is on the way or they need to see a volume increase in sales ASAP.

Generally I am an early adopter and I am used to the huge let down of a price drop and no appreciation for folks like me that took a chance in the beginning.

This time around there sale may just be enough for me to buy before it ends.

Any thoughts on what may be coming down the road? From what I have seen so far the first generation hardware seems like it will get the job done. Is there anything you have seen in your experience that the hardware could improve on that would be worth waiting on a new version?
Post 5 IP   flag post
cire385 private msg quote post Address this user
This was waiting on me as soon as I got back on Facebook.
Post 6 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
If I can jump in here, I've heard rumors that a second generation camera just may be coming that can shoot exteriors by shutting down the IR portion of the camera. As we all know the camera has the mysterious extra button on it and that may be what it's for.

The camera would look the same as it's winning format but the motherboard would be updated as well as new imaging technology.

Now this is purely speculation at this point so take it with a grain of salt.

But if I was to tell you a year ago that an insane man could potentially become the next President of the United States are you laughing now or shacking in fear.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@cire385

Thank you for the backstory and questions.

The Matterport User Group Forum community came up with this Matterport Camera "Wish List" two years ago ...

My top three:

1. Better lenses
2. Shoot outdoors
3. White balance control
4. Bonus: control over color saturation

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
This just in about international camera sales. ... Will update this post shortly. Stay tuned. Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
You can (may be able to) buy the Matterport Camera internationally online here and use the coupon code: SUMMER16 (when the Matterport inside sales representative reaches out to you). In the field "How did you hear about Matterport?" Write: SUMMER16 It's okay to say Matterport User Group Forum Rocks too ...

A MUG Member forwarded to me via email the offer letter in writing from one of the Matterport Inside Sales Representatives.

A Member of the MUG Forum - outside the US - sent me this promo email that he received ...

Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
About the above art, notice at the bottom:

"For a limited time, you can also get a $200 credit if you capture 100 spaces within 12 months."

No mention if:

1. Applies to existing Matterport Service Providers
2. If you have to register for this
3. When the "limited time" expires

I suggestion that you send contact Matterport Support and ask how to to receive this discount. I just did (I will let you know what I hear back.)

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@cire385 I am guessing that I do not see this ad because Matterport (probably) did an EXCEPT existing customers' email address on there Facebook buy.

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I heard back from Matterport Support about the $200 credit offer I referenced above.

(Running out the door for dinner with family.)

Dan

----

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. The Summer16 promotion is for new camera purchases only. If you're purchasing a new camera, you could get $600 off the camera and an extra $200 off your associated subscription account.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

[redacted]
Matterport Customer Service​
Post 13 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
I also got at lest one of those emails for a 600.00 discount.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Great timing. I was just about to buy another camera. Thanks for posting. Guess I might have known about the discount if I read the newsletter MP sent out (/me bumps head on desk).
Post 15 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
The post at the end says February 2016. Is it supposed to be August or February 2017?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
August 5th (2016 I assume)
Post 17 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I believe they sent this to ALL RE/MAX agents.
Post 18 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
@expertise , They sent that blast for $600 off to all on their mailing list for potential sales, regardless of real estate office.
Post 19 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
Well seems like my camera is worth $600 less today :-(

@Dansmigrod any word on the new generation camera or is it too far out to discuss?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport actually made a deal to be a RE/MAX affiliate. Then they get access to all 90k RE/MAX agents in U.S.

This email below went out all RE/MAxers 7/7, and another one went out 7/20.

Post 21 IP   flag post
and they offered financing ...

Wonder if Matterport ever looks back at the pioneers that jumped in early to supported them.

Maybe we should ask them that question?

If hardware generation two is ready for release or close to it we should get first pick at a discounted rate to help us stay ahead of the new generation of photographers.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Ha! Timing is everything in life. Frankly- as someone who just bought one a few weeks ago and was not given the offer.... I can't help but feel taken.
Post 23 IP   flag post
If Matterport is ready to release a v2 version of the hardware I think we (service providers) should know that as first generation owners and get an incentive to upgrade, maybe a trade in program and they can sell that equipment in countries that are struggling financially. I am ready to purchase another camera very soon and now I am reconsidering to hold out until they become a little more transparent with their intentions.
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@RPOceanic

Matterport offers a 30 day money back guarantee (See Matterport Terms of Sale #4 Return Policy.) If you are still in that window, I would call them immediately and ask if they would like the Camera back or honor the offer.

Please do let us know what happens.

Best,

Dan
Post 25 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Oy vay, would have loved getting the $600 off, it's about R9000 when converted and would have helped a lot for my pocket.

Hope we will be able to get a good deal when new camera is released.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Wyzlo private msg quote post Address this user
Feb 2016?

[@Wyzlo ... Good catch. I corrected my original post. Thanks. Dan]

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Ok........ a very favorable, grateful update to my above post.

After reading/responding to this post, I immediately emailed the sales rep I purchased my camera through. Within minutes he had responded. "No problem, you are within the 30 days, contact support and we will credit $600.00 to your hosting account." After doing so, I received a confirmation from support within 2 hours and.... my account has been credited.

I can not tell you how pleased I am by the prompt, matter of fact, easy and fair-minded response to my correspondence about this issue. A gesture like this definitely goes a long way in reassuring and reinforcing my confidence in my decision to go with Matterport.
Post 28 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
When that (cant remember who) MUG user took the camera apart it looked reasonably easy to change over the lenses as long as they are the same dimensions.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@smcclell that's @360Verbeelding

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/1817/looking-inside-the-matterport-camera/
Post 30 IP   flag post
101721 36 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?