Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness Plan

Advice Requested for My Unique Situation2247

BayAreaAdam private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I was going to ask this question privately to @dansmigrod, but perhaps it's better to pose here...

I am looking for some advice. I have, I believe a somewhat unique situation:

A few months ago, the CEO of the real estate company (regional but fairly large and very active) that my gf works for contacted me and said:

"Hey, I go this cool new camera called Matterport, I'm looking for someone to learn how to use it to provide 3D tours for my agents' listings. Would you be interested?"

(He knew that I was looking for a new project to get into - my background was on Wall Street.)

I said "Yes!" So, for the last 8-10 weeks I have been scanning properties for his company. (I am a 'contract employee' and get paid by the hour. His plan is to soon begin charging the agents for each model/tour.)

I've done about 70-75 models so far. They have improved a lot (thanks in large part to this forum and its members), however, the presentation is sorely lacking. When the tour is processed and ready, I just email the agent the link and a few snapshots of the different views. They copy & past that to MLS or Facebook, etc.

I realize this is, for lack of a better word, terrible. I'm actually embarrassed. So, I would like to go back to this CEO with a plan to make this a more presentable product for the agents.

Bottom line: Is the best strategy to establish a Wordpress.org site, purchase and download the WP3D tool and create a page for each property? Showcase skins?

I realize this is long-winded and I don't expect anyone to create a business plan for me, but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
jntooker private msg quote post Address this user
We offer single page websites as an add-on. Most opt for the link unless it's a luxury home. I'm not sure if there is a better way to present based on the fact that each agent may want to present in a different way. MLS, their own website, etc.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@jntooker That's a good point, thank you for replying.
Post 3 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
My website provider (as an agent) leaves an option for a a single address website. Cost per site is $100 includes domain purchase and 6 months hosting.

It auto populates with pictures, Maps, community info and calculators

The Matterport tour is the Virtual Tour
Post 4 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
I am using third party white label single listing site and I offer it, but not necessarily think that is a deal breaker or maker.

I think most agents only use the link very few embed so don't over think just lay out the options. As @Jntooker said that each agent may want to present in a different way.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
@BayAreaAdam - I'd really like to think that WP3D Models would solve a ton of the issues you're seeing. Is there anything specific I can help you with? Any questions you have that need some answers?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@BayAreaAdam - WP3D Models is your answer for many reasons. Ross is a software genious and will not try to sell you so its worth a call to him so he can show you all the power it has. I am pressed for time at the moment so I can't dig up the video review I did so here are some bullet points.

You make yourself the matterport marketing expert not the $/hr photo taker. You can use Ross's software (calling it a plugin is an understatement) to send them all listing websites. That makes you look good because his listing websites showcase the scan,the other one shows photos first so it misses the first strike appeal WP3DModels has. Plus Ross's sites can be pimped out better and give viewers a better experience. Means more time on the listing = better conversion.

Next is that you can use Ross' software to make pages for each agent with the map points of all the scans they did and the scans they did below them for viewers to click and experience for themselves so the agent can show off their commitment to this forward thinking and be seen as a leader.

But then there is the SEO effect of ross's software. This alone makes it worth buying for $199 or free use of WP3D Models with the We Get Around Standard month-to-month Membership. The other listing websites? look at their code and they have matterport urls.Look at ross' and they have YOUR url. So all the scans you do you send with your URL for them to embed and click to view. TONS of SEO benefit. The software has shortcode that if you put "/fullscreen-nobrand" (which his shortcode list of things is very powerful) at the end of every scan it makes the scan compliant to be put in the virtual tour field of the MLS. Think about THAT

National websites and the agents competitors all are indexing and displaying YOUR url. That is a ton of SEO juice.

Now take it to your situation Adam. You are working for your broker and if you install it to your broker's url then THEY get a ton times a ton of SEO juice.

These are just a few things that you can do with Ross' software. I don't work for Ross FYI I have bought 5 licenses and use them in other ways. If you buy his software and don't think its worth it after you really try it? I will buy it from you.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain Thank you for taking the time. I really appreciate it. You make a lot of sense. That does look like the best road for me going forward.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Get hold of Ross. He can give you information on setting up a stand alone site for hosting tours using WP3D will save you the hassle of having to create an entire website. Or he can help you embed it into the brokers site. Most agents should be using their own website but aren't and this is another option. Remember the Real estate agent of today's office is the net and should be their own website.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @GlennTremain & @frstbubble. You guys rule.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BayAreaAdam

WP3D Models is a powerful content management system and single property website generator.

In this 20 Questions Live with WP3D Models Developer Ross Peterson ( @rpetersn ), we discuss three reason that this WordPress Plugin is an essential marketing tool.

If you use the MUG Forum search box - powered by Google - you will find a ton more examples.

Here's a Single Property Website powered by WP3D Models for one of clients:

www.5011greenpinedrive.info

Here's the We Get Around Gallery powered by WP3D Models (notice how you can search and the map feature):

gallery.we-get-around.com

You get the free use of WP3D Models as long as you are a Standard Member of the We Get Around Referral Network. If you pre-pay for 12 months, you get an hour Skype chat with me

Summary of Benefits | Compare Plans | Join | Essential Launch Marketing Tool Kit

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?