Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CaseGear

What are you using to carry your scanner in?22

ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
I am looking at buying a containor for the matterport, probably a pelican case, but thought I would ask.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
Plano gun case, custom cut to fit. This was probably one of the most important accessories we purchased given the cost of the camera
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
I am very happy with the case that Matterport recommends: Think Tank CityWalker 20 MessengerBag in Back Nylon.

For the manufacturer's video, please click here.

For my suggested gear and accessories, please click here.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CharlieB private msg quote post Address this user
I am going to look into a case so will certainly check these out. Thanks.
Post 4 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
I bought the Think Tank Urban Disguise 50 V2.0
clickable text

It's a great case and it can hold everything I need for a job including my iPad, power supplies, still camera and other items.

There are several reviews on YouTube, here just one of them
Post 5 IP   flag post
We finally decided on a pelican case, protection over weight. I have a bad habit dropping soft side bags...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Can you post any details on your case like the model. What else have you adapted the case to carry?
Post 7 IP   flag post
We used a 5100 case. The picture doesn't show the power adapter, but it fits just to the left of the scanner. If you are wondering what is attached to the scanner, that's an "EZ-leveler" and it has really made a difference in cleaning up the stitching of the panoramics with the matterport.

Post 8 IP   flag post
The EZ-leveler is a very clever idea. I have to play around with my tripod legs to get things leveled as I move around a location. I'll have to look into getting one of these.

Thanks for the tip.
Post 9 IP   flag post
CharlieB private msg quote post Address this user
I like the sounds of the EZ_Leveler also...thanks for sharing. I went Hi-Tech with my RV Levelers....ha ha...but I find it is a quick and easy way to see if you need to level.

As long as I am inside the marks I feel that it is okay....and so far I haven't noticed any issues if it wasn't perfectly level....you might share otherwise and I appreciate your feedback as I get started with my model scans.
Post 10 IP   flag post
We use a similar type bubble level on our machine. the leveler just makes it easier to fine tune the machine when a leg is on a carpet and it is just off enough to make it a pain to fix. The other thing that can affect the panaramic is the mount to the tripod. We started with a quick camera release, but soon discovered that it was just loose enough that as the camera turned, it would wiggle and the stitch wouldn't be clean. Tightened it up with a bolt and it worked great.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi ccctucker...

Just a quick note here. Did you happen to mistype the Pelican case number? Or is it really a "5100"? I'm not familiar with their offerings, but am not finding a reference to that model number.

Could it be a "1500" instead, perhaps?

Thanks in advance....just trying to decide if we should invest in a hard case and not sure how BIG we need to go.

Thank you!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Your right 1500, sorry.
Post 13 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.planomolding.com/product.php?BCCID=126&PID=1328

Hard case of some sort is a must have.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ccctucker

Got a link in Amazon to that 5100 case? I could not find it. Would you use it for airplane checked luggage?

Other case for the Matterport camera for checked luggage?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
Since I travel the throughout the UK to include trains, planes and Tube (subways) I need everything in one sturdy case the will protect all of my gear and at the same time not call attention to what I’m carrying so I opted for an airtight industrial case the type the film industry uses.

Post 16 IP   flag post
SamehH private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

I really appreciate your post about equipment and resources. You've been awesome at that.

I had a question about the Pelican case - the one you posted in the list. I was wondering if the case you chose is meant to fit the camera with the foam padding, or just the camera, or other equipment?

I want to be able to use a Pelican case with the camera and foam padding. My measurements show that the model 1600 is one that fits. The one you selected (1500) was a size smaller, so I wanted to get your input on that.

Appreciate your help!
Sameh
Post 17 IP   flag post
SamehH private msg quote post Address this user
HI @GarySnyder

Can you please post more details on your case like the model number? Is it a Pelican case? Thanks
Post 18 IP   flag post
Hi Sameh

Below are the detail on my case. It cost £136.00 which included the 20% VAT. As you can see from the picture I carry all my gear in this one case including my Manfrotto Pro tripod which I breakdown to fit in the case. In addition I carry two 160 LED lights, as well as my DSLR. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

http://www.toolcasesdirect.co.uk/max-waterproof-plastic-transit-case-w-wheels-pull-handle.html
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@SamehH

Thank you for your kind note. I bought the Pelican 1510 Case because it fits in the over-head bin of an airplane.

I use the pluck and pick form for the camera and an iPad. I also use the case insert for wires, chargers and related flats stuff.

For Atlanta Matterport photoshoots, I use the Think Tank City Walker 20 Messenger bag.

Here's my shopping list of Matterport Gear and Accessories.

best,

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone use the level that comes with the tripod? Or does it get obstructed and not able to be seen?

Like this one - Manfrotto MT190XPRO3
Post 21 IP   flag post
Smcclell, I use the level on my Manfrotto tripod for every shot. I also carry a small torch or flashlight for those in the States as it sometimes hard to see the small bubble in darken areas I'm shooting. I adjust the legs moving them in and out to get the camera level for every shot.

Some people use a level on top of their camera but I place my camera at eyelevel so I can not see on top of the camera. I hope this is helpful.

Best regards
Gary
Post 22 IP   flag post
Smcclell, I use a Manfrotto 055xpro
http://www.manfrotto.co.uk/055xprob-pro-tripod-black
and I noticed that you're looking at the 190xpro. That would be a problem seeing the level as the camera will cover the level. The 055 is well worth the extra money as the level is located on the tripod base not the head.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Quick chime in here. We've had good luck with leveling by placing a big bubble level on top of the camera (double stick tape) and then leveling after each move with our Manfrotto 494RC2 Ball Head attachment.

Doing it this way allows us to quickly move the tripod, not worry about the legs (other than if they are stable), and then make fast leveling adjustments to just the "head" of the camera.

Just throwing it out there. Oh, and the quick release is nice too.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Thanks for the advice Gary, an astute pick up.

I am leaning towards the leveling like the "EZ-leveler" mentioned above so the level being on the tripod base might not work as it will be below the leveler.

So I'm going to go with this setup I think -

Manfrotto MT190XPRO3 Aluminum Tripod

Sunwayfoto Arca & Manfrotto Compatible Clamp

Sunwayfoto DP-39 Universal Quick-Release Plate

Desmond DLEV-1 Leveler

I think the Level in the clamp should be enough or as rpeterson says I'll put one on top. I want to be able to adjust level without moving legs I think.

edit* Only thing that seemed different to the PRO version of the tripod was the bubble level and the middle shaft being able to go horizontal which I don't need. (plus it's cheaper!)
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@smcclell

Our list of matterport gear and accessories includes various bubble levels, etc.

We use a level on every scan.

Dan

http://www.we-get-around.com/wegetaround-atlanta-our-blog/2014/8/4/we-get-around-matterport-pro-3d-camera-gear-and-accessories
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Dan

Absolutely could not of done my research without the list, have been back to it many times!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Smcclell, good luck with you choses
Post 28 IP   flag post
[redacted] private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone,

Being a Matterport Owner and doing the search for a custom case, I organically ended up with a Pelican case.

I have been custom developing with Pelican two cases to house the Matterport Camera and accessories. After a few months in Beta the cases are complete and I put them up for Pre-order as of today. You can check out the Facebook page: clickable text

We use these cases with our company and it has provided a successful solution to our case search. It is a quality case to protect our expensive cameras from everyday wear and tear and our employees. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Tiger-Matt Case $249.99: Houses the Camera, iPad, charger cord and small tripod accessories.

Tiger-Matt Pro Case $349.99: Houses the Camera, Mefoto travel tripod, iPad, charger cord and small tripod accessories.

Our camera case solution is comprised of a high quality Pelican Brand case which has custom cut foam inside that has been designed for shock absorption and durability. The two foam system provide a base layer of shock absorbing foam capped with a upper layer of closed cell foam providing extra durability for when you are inserting and extracting your assets from the case.
Post 29 IP   flag post
101425 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?